Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
How does this trade make any sense:

Los Angeles Receives:
  • 2024: Round 4, Pick 100
  • 2024: Round 5, Pick 139
  • 2025: Round 6
Washington Receives:
  • 2024: Round 3, Pick 99
It doesn't. In hindsight I shouldn't have taken that offer. I try to only accept trades that seem more realistic.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I like some of the earlier picks. I love Odunze pick. But I’m not trading a third for fifths and sixths in the draft. The percentage of hitting that late has to be very low in a shallow draft.
I agree. I want top 100 picks. There was no trade of a 3rd for 5ths and 6ths in this draft.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
i don't even know what she looks like with all the filters on now
Sexy Hot Girl GIF by Cappa Video Productions

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
There is a piece on ESPN from Bill Barnwell that has trade offers for each team in the draft, this is ours:

i

19. Los Angeles Rams

Broncos get: 1-19, 2025 first-round pick, 3-99
Rams get: CB Pat Surtain, 2026 fifth-round pick

You can't exactly be shocked at the idea of the Rams trading two first-round picks for a star young player, can you? GM Les Snead hasn't held onto a first-round pick since the trade up for Jared Goff in 2016, so while the Rams value Day 2 and Day 3 picks more than their slogan might suggest, we've seen them happily trade away picks in the bottom half of Round 1.

Those picks have generally gone toward young talent with cost control remaining in their deals, with Matthew Stafford as an exception. They have used those picks to acquire Brandin Cooks and Jalen Ramsey, and they attempted to make another move for Brian Burns. In each case, they were targeting a young player who had already established himself as a star on a rookie contract. There aren't many players who are simultaneously playing at that level and for a team that's rebuilding.

The Broncos might be the lone exception, which is why a Surtain deal would be plausible. The Rams already showed they were willing to spend this much for a complete cornerback when they acquired Ramsey in 2019, and Surtain might be the former Jags star's successor as the league's best player at the position. Surtain is excellent in coverage on the outside and in the slot, capable of shadowing the opposing team's top wide receiver, and is physical enough to hold his own as a tackler. He just turned 24 on Sunday and will make a combined $23.3 million over the next two years with his fifth-year option, giving L.A. plenty of runway as it negotiates a new extension with him.

The Rams signed Darious Williams and Tre'Davious White this offseason, but Williams is 30, and White is coming off a torn Achilles and is on a one-year deal for $4.3 million. Acquiring Surtain would give the Rams a much-needed star on defense after the departures of Ramsey and Aaron Donald. It would also land the Broncos what they need even more: draft picks over the next two seasons, which would help them as they wander through the quarterback desert and build their post-Russell Wilson future.

Not really sure what to think about it. Who wouldn't like Surtain? But, he wasn't his dominant self last season. In 2022, he probably was top 3 CB in the league, last season, for whatever reason, he was not. According to PFF, he was the 42nd ranked CB, below Quentin Lake and waaay below D.Williams. His coverage grade was honestly not good, and that is the one stat you'd hope would be. . Read into that what you like, but, personally, I'm not throwing 2 1st rounders and a 3rd at them, that's too steep for me. To be honest, I'd rather have Arnold or Mitchell with their 5 years under contract control and our 1st next year, 3rd this year (if we are set on getting a top end CB).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
However, a few years ago they made a late trip to Louisville ( about a week or so before the draft) to pay an in house visit to Tutu Atwell. Snead did the same with Tavon Austin.
That's a bad fuckin trend right there Elm. Not making me feel good brother. :laugh3: