Meet the Face of the Rams D Motor Man A.D

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
27541.png

Height: 6'-1"
Weight: 285
Born: May 23, 1991
Birth Place: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
College: Pittsburgh
Draft: 2014 1ˢᵗ round (13ᵗʰ pick) by the St. Louis Rams
Stats through 11 games
Tackles Solo 28 total 31
Sacks 5.0

FRO

Legend
He is everything I thought he would be when we drafted him...and I thought the world of the guy.

Side note when it comes to drafting remember Aaron Donald. He was not our biggest need at all. He was the best player to be had though. Successful teams pick players, bad teams fill needs.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
More dominant then Suh and because he's on the Rams he still won't get DROY or the pro bowl. He should get both.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I am surprised that he can play at a probowl level as a rookie. Did Suh do that? I don't think so, he was an idiot; of course he did have 10 sacks, but he had no feel for the run game--Donald out smarts veterans and is stronger than many guards it appears; he can't hold double teams, but he can rotate and do stuff to mess up the play anyway.

He is a probowler next year.

Alan

Legend
FRO talking black and white instead of grey:
Side note when it comes to drafting remember Aaron Donald. He was not our biggest need at all. He was the best player to be had though. Successful teams pick players, bad teams fill needs.
That's true but he was a need. I have been campaigning for the Rams to get a replacement for Langford for two years now and they did.

I get your point about BPA though. I agree with a modified form of it myself. Although I'd put it as a "highly modified form of BPA" because IMO you have to be presented with what you perceive to be an exceptional player to just go BPA. He was and we did.

FRO

Legend
That's true but he was a need. I have been campaigning for the Rams to get a replacement for Langford for two years now and they did.

I get your point about BPA though. I agree with a modified form of it myself. Although I'd put it as a "highly modified form of BPA" because IMO you have to be presented with what you perceive to be an exceptional player to just go BPA. He was and we did.
I get what you are saying and to say need isn't a factor is disingenuous. Zach Martin filled a bigger need, as did a CB or FS (at the time of the draft). That being said Donald was clearly the best player. So when the 2015 class comes around and we have a guy who fills a need or a guy who is the best player, get the best player every time.

Alan

Legend
He was looked at as being special so it wasn't just taking BPA. I'm OK with that and in fact we had a thread that asked posters what they'd do if Donald fell to them at #13 and it was pretty unanimous, including me that it was a good idea to pick Donald. Notice how we didn't pick him at #2 and went with need ? ;) :LOL:

It was the right thing to do @FRO . (y)