CELEBRATE !! McVay is Staying!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
If we could lure Frank Reich as OC… SIGN ME UP!
I think it would be a fantastic move for both parties. Reichs rep could use some shining up after Indy and 6 degrees from McVay seems to be important in this league. McVay could use an established OC to get some new ideas injected in his offense. Also It is time he stopped training newbies for their future.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think it would be a fantastic move for both parties. Reichs rep could use some shining up after Indy and 6 degrees from McVay seems to be important in this league. McVay could use an established OC to get some new ideas injected in his offense. Also It is time he stopped training newbies for their future.
I concur, hire Frank Reich and turn the play calling duties over to him as well. With an outstanding year and a 41-40 record, Reich might be in play for HC in 2024, but being 61, those short lists would be limited for sure.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, his best trait is his ability to lead a building full of men with complex personalities and issues both in and outside of the facility. Play calling is second to that and many of us believe the team, and McVay individually, would benefit from a true offensive coordinator.
Gotcha. Yeah I agree with the majority. I've just noticed that the so many offensive and defensive coordinators who become head coaches call their own plays on either side of the ball nowadays. So I wasn't sure if this was becoming something coaches were prioritizing.

TXRams86

The Infamous
But..................but..................but what about the 43% of the fans who don't want him ?

Sorry about your luck.
Not sure where you're getting this from. People who voted that they thought McVay was leaving doesn't mean we (I too voted I believed he was gone) didn't want him. That wasn't the question. Don't twist things to fit a narrative that isn't there, please.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not sure where you're getting this from. People who voted that they thought McVay was leaving doesn't mean we (I too voted I believed he was gone) didn't want him. That wasn't the question. Don't twist things to fit a narrative that isn't there, please.
Yeah.
I think a high majority of us who voted No (I thought it would be the sabbatical route), wanted McVay back; and are thrilled to have been wrong. I believe Go-goat thought this was all about 'negotiations' ... silly goat.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah.
I think a high majority of us who voted No (I thought it would be the sabbatical route), wanted McVay back; and are thrilled to have been wrong. I believe Go-goat thought this was all about 'negotiations' ... silly goat.
Yeah nobody voted he wouldn't be here because they didn't want him. I think we found the Florio burner account :D

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn’t around much last season has some health stuff going on and didn’t need the added stress of watching the high schoolers we were trotting out on the oline and once staff and kupp went down I kinda gave up

But I never thought mcvay is or was the kinda guy to call it quits after a season like that .. he is an A type personality .. he was the wonder kid ..the offense genius ..hadnt lost a game when leading at the half for 50 something games.. built a dream team and won it all ..changed the way teams did things during pre season ..anyone that so much looked at Sean got a hc interview if not the job

He isn’t the type of person that’s gonna walk away after a season where we had lost the most games of any defending champ

I can see him coming back doing what needs to be done winning it all then maybe walk away off on the sunset at the end of next season if that happens he can go with my blessing but Sean strikes me as a guy that wants a bust in canton

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Great news!

Hopefully we do not have to deal with this every year though. That's two consecutive off-seasons where his future has been uncertain, which is forming a pattern, and that is not a good look. You have to think he will lose the room if this goes on every year. And you would be naive to dismiss the possibility that he might have already rubbed some players the wrong way / some guys might already be questioning if he is all-in.

The old guard (Donald, Kupp, etc.) that has been with him from day 1, I can only suspect, will no doubt be firmly behind McVay. As will those, I suspect, that McVay forged close relationships with during the Super Bowl season (e.g. Stafford). New lock room additions that were attracted to L.A., likely in no small part because of Sean McVay, the culture he built, and what playing for him might do for their careers (Wagner, ARob, etc.)? Not so sure. They might well be thinking, "I came here to play for this dude and now he wants to cut and run as soon as adversity hits? Does this guy want it as bad as I do...?". It is at least open to question.

I am thrilled McVay is back, even as arguably his harshest critic on this forum (see my sig!). But lately, there has not been a very "we not me" aura radiating from the coach...

After a down year, and all the media circus thereafter about McVay's apparent departure, it would not surprise me if McVay and the Rams come back extra hungry in 2023-24, hell bent on proving everyone wrong that said McVay and the Rams were done and the Super Bowl window had closed.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah.
john candy stripes GIF by hero0fwar

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, maybe this says to the players, hey, I'm 100% invested in winning with the Rams. I need to know that everyone is giving 100% on the field and not missing assignments. I don't have to do this with you, but, I'm completely committed and ready to win! Have my back!

McVay reminds me of Jerry West. Jerry eventually had to step away as he just couldn't stand losing as a coach or GM. Man, nobody loved the Lakers more than him. McVay does love the Rams.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
What will be interesting is how they approach the offseason.

Do they go all in for 23'??? Do they restructure, extend, and move money down the road so they can field the best team possible in 23'?

Or do they go mini rebuild. Move on from a few vets to clear cap space for now & the future. Add a few more draft picks to rebuild a core and make it look like they are building for the next 4-5 yrs.

The former would make us think McVay is going all in for a short term stay. The latter means he is intending to figure out how to stay longer and delegate more responsibility or whatever it takes for him to improve his work/life balance.

So their approach could be very telling. I am hoping for the latter, and not just because of McVay, but also to get the roster healthier for longer-term success.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I dont see that there is any chance the rams arent in it to win it. Donald, Stafford and McVay have expiration dates that are coming up fast.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We are still “right there”. Plug the holes, Snead.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
How about Jay Glazer trying to back pedal on fox wow he should be a politician he did a better job than most at covering up his lousy report and lying through his teeth as if Mcvay made the decision to basically exactly what he and fox said. Embarrassing and I actually had nothing against glazer still don't but he lost credibility in my eyes don't know about anyone else. Just man up.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
This is an excellent take it's one of all the other reasons he may burn out or is already. His need (it seems to me) to have a hand in everything and or control will be the death of him it's way hard I'd imagine not only to lead men teach kids win etc but then you can't put yourself in a position to babysit your coaches. I could not agree more here. So when he say look inward this is that time to take your own advice. You have your experience now etc. When you 60 you can share it pass it down but now that your armed with more knowledge delegate bro loosen the reigns a bit. Great post

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
How about Jay Glazer trying to back pedal on fox wow he should be a politician he did a better job than most at covering up his lousy report and lying through his teeth as if Mcvay made the decision to basically exactly what he and fox said. Embarrassing and I actually had nothing against glazer still don't but he lost credibility in my eyes don't know about anyone else. Just man up.
NFL Network and Ian Rapoport did a similar thing last night.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great news!

Hopefully we do not have to deal with this every year though. That's two consecutive off-seasons where his future has been uncertain, which is forming a pattern, and that is not a good look. You have to think he will lose the room if this goes on every year. And you would be naive to dismiss the possibility that he might have already rubbed some players the wrong way / some guys might already be questioning if he is all-in.

The old guard (Donald, Kupp, etc.) that has been with him from day 1, I can only suspect, will no doubt be firmly behind McVay. As will those, I suspect, that McVay forged close relationships with during the Super Bowl season (e.g. Stafford). New lock room additions that were attracted to L.A., likely in no small part because of Sean McVay, the culture he built, and what playing for him might do for their careers (Wagner, ARob, etc.)? Not so sure. They might well be thinking, "I came here to play for this dude and now he wants to cut and run as soon as adversity hits? Does this guy want it as bad as I do...?". It is at least open to question.

I am thrilled McVay is back, even as arguably his harshest critic on this forum (see my sig!). But lately, there has not been a very "we not me" aura radiating from the coach...

After a down year, and all the media circus thereafter about McVay's apparent departure, it would not surprise me if McVay and the Rams come back extra hungry in 2023-24, hell bent on proving everyone wrong that said McVay and the Rams were done and the Super Bowl window had closed.
I’m not liking the drama queen look.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
NFL Network and Ian Rapoport did a similar thing last night.
Sad but I guess the media in any genre is all the same RT now. Can't find real news anywhere these days ...Christ I sound like I'm 60!!!!!