Mark Cuban: NFL 10 years away from an implosion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
He's right.

The reason football is so huge is, in part, because the scheduling format always leaves the fans wanting (even fiending for) more. Hockey and baseball are big too. But most people do not make those sports a priority or clear their schedule to watch they games. Why? Because they don't care if they miss one. There will always be another one on tomorrow.

Ramatik

Starter
Its not so much the over-saturation, but i can see the parallels to the NBA in regards to rule changes hell bent on trying to make it more exciting all in the name of safety. Then there's the fact that the referees have become far too involved,and the agenda's attached to certain teams and players who are allowed to play more physically than others. The NBA got rich and got ruined under David Stern IMO.

Exactly. I don't even watch the NBA at all anymore. It's b.s. Just like boxing. The rules are way to arbitrary and favors the players/teams that bring in the most money. They can't keep their franchises still, they bounce everywhere, way too many games, they don't have a night or day of the week....

Please. I like Cuban, but the NFL are master marketers with the greatest product ever. The last thing they need is advice from a guy in a league that is 2nd rate.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
HbsCJhj.jpg

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I agree with Cuban 100%. I love NFL football, but it's not nearly as special as it used to be (at least to me). Sunday was almost a magical day growing up. Watch two games and get excited for MNF. Now it's 3 games on Sunday, MNF, crap game on Thursday, and both weekend days for the playoffs. Now they delayed the draft so they can extend the time people pay attention to the NFL. I was always excited for the draft, now the writers just make stuff up to fill the extra 6 weeks. That and the owners wanting to increase the # of games each year? Enough already, leave it alone.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The NFL is bound to implode at some point. Especially when they alienate their true fanbase comprised of low-middle class income Americans. The bottom-line oriented strategy of garnering as much profit as possible is not sustainable in the long run if you insist on making prices unaffordable for their backbone consumers. This is a leaguewide issue and the Rams relocation is just a part of the grand scheme of it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you don't watch MNF or TNF if it doesn't involve the Rams?

I think his point is that they don't have to go to the stadium and spend $400 when they can stream it free or get Sunday Ticket.

Depends on the week. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If I have nothing to do, I'll turn the game on.