Man, Jared Goff Loves Brands

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm sure Goff was not the only draftee to be treated to such gifts. Apparently however, he was the only one classy enough to say "thank you".

Go freak yourself Patrick Redford, whoever you are.

Ram Man

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sure Goff was not the only draftee to be treated to such gifts. Apparently however, he was the only one classy enough to say "thank you".

Go freak yourself Patrick Redford, whoever you are.

It is unlikely that they were "gifts" my friend.

…..

Legend
This is great news. This means he learns fast lol

He would be a great Nascar pitchman already!

Being in LA....he better learn quick how to be a product front man. Peyton cant do it forever!

Bradmac41

UDFA
Name
Brad
What scares me is Goff's record in college. Come to think of it his record parallels the Rams record of the last several years. What scares me is that this might be RG111 part 2.

Ram Man

Rookie
This is great news. This means he learns fast lol

He would be a great Nascar pitchman already!

Being in LA....he better learn quick how to be a product front man. Peyton cant do it forever!

Agreed. It looks like he's a quick study on the product placement/endorsement side of the sport.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
It is unlikely that they were "gifts" my friend.
Pretty sure the hair treatment for his Mom & Sis, the predraft grooming and likely the MS band were nothing more than trinkets being handed out. I don't for a minute doubt that there will be endorsement opportunities for Goff; good for him! It is even my understanding he has already signed with Nike.

My issue with this whole thing was that this writer took exception to it like Goff is the first to accept such items.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
What scares me is Goff's record in college. Come to think of it his record parallels the Rams record of the last several years. What scares me is that this might be RG111 part 2.
Do you not understand how bad the team was around him? And the fact that he took them from 1-11 as a true freshman, to 8-f and a bowl game win in his 3rd yr? He had little to no running game, a very shaky OL and a defense that seemed to play for opposing teams.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Agreed. It looks like he's a quick study on the product placement/endorsement side of the sport.

This is just corporate marketing - not endorsements it product placement

The draft is a huge event and you get all sort of companies participating - part of that marketing is to have athletes come through and experience the brands and what they have to offer- it's the same reason why Dell computers hosts the PGA tour or why Levi's jeans sponsors SXSW

It's just marketing and it has nothing to do with Goff learning fast or whatever

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Most of these guys are staying at the Palmer House hotel across the street from where I work. Just went to the Starbucks over there hoping to get lucky and see Jared in the lobby. No dice.

Ram Man

Rookie
This is just corporate marketing - not endorsements it product placement

The draft is a huge event and you get all sort of companies participating - part of that marketing is to have athletes come through and experience the brands and what they have to offer- it's the same reason why Dell computers hosts the PGA tour or why Levi's jeans sponsors SXSW

It's just marketing and it has nothing to do with Goff learning fast or whatever

I'm sure your right. BTW, I use Tide all the time. Wish I could get them to sponsor my tweets!

https://twitter.com/JaredGoff16

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Just wondering how the heck you evaluate that. It is pretty black &!white there.
RG111 had a lot of weapons & had great running a little, plus a very good arm. He was excellent on his long balls.
--You can sort of compare RG111 to Kap or even Russell Wilson.They all do it with there legs when things get tough.--RG111 has never been the same after his knee injury.--I blame Mike Shan on that one.-----Maybe you are confusing Carson Wentz to RG111. He is a run first guy.I think a Big Ben is a bad take on Carson.

You want to compare him to Kurt Cousin ok.Maybe a young Drew Bree's.You know thinking about it now.Aaron Rodgers is only 6'2. In Goff he is 6'4.He is a pure passer. End of story.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Don't the agents handle this stuff. "I tweeted this for you, here's $10,000" Oversimplified but good for Goff.........

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
2192148024_688d0eb741_o.gif

58ntyz

and nobody messes with my QB......

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More importantly, the brands love him
Get on the bandwagon early!!

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Don't the agents handle this stuff. "I tweeted this for you, here's $10,000" Oversimplified but good for Goff.........

Most likely.

But the news of a high-profile athlete getting corporate sponsors in exchange for promotion when the light is on him? Unheard of! /s