Ladies and Gentlemen, here's what the TST editor thinks of the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I tried to like TST... Mostly because T Broner. But stopped going there, at least regularly because of this. This piece isn't written like a site for a fan of the Rams. I mean... You're a fan... You want to read this?

I get homerism. But I also get you can go fuuk yourself if you don't want love this team.

AZRamsFan93

I think he is still mad we didn't dump Bradford and draft Manziel. I think that's the root of it.
That, in and of itself, is looking like one of the best decisions of the offseason :)

Of course, drafting Manziel was likely never an option to begin with.

I will cut the guy some slack. I think his view of the Rams likely has many subscribers. It can be difficult to be a Rams fan, and it can generate a cynical view of the team and our chances.

It's not uncommon.

The Rams have the power to change these views by winning games.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
He essentially just described every worry and obstacle the Rams have this year, albeit by uber hyperbolizing every single one of them. I liked the article and I am not sure if it is supposed to be taken literally at all.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It’s easy to for the rest of the NFL world to laugh at Jeff Fisher. His commitment to Blades-style sunglasses and Gregg Williams, fealty to The Shield, and an undying loyalty for doing things the 1985 Bears way makes him a little anachronistic in this golden age of football nerds like Chip Kelly and Marc Trestman revolutionizing pro football with a focus on offensive innovation … BORING.
Stopped reading at this point! hahahahahahahaha

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think someone had some bloating and some major cramping while writing this piece. The flow is heavy in this one.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Was this posted at TST? I couldnt fine it there. Not surprising he didnt want them to see it if so.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
So this is what what happens when someone pee's in your cheerios and you go ahead and eat them.

RamWoodie

Legend
Calm down folks! All the guy is saying is "SHOW ME"...your state motto. The only ridiculous comparison is to compare Bradford to Kerry Collins.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Calm down folks! All the guy is saying is "SHOW ME"...your state motto. The only ridiculous comparison is to compare Bradford to Kerry Collins.

Unless you also follow his twitter feed... Which has been posted here separately.

Dude might know football, but if he's a Rams fan I'm a Patriots fan.

RamWoodie

Legend
Unless you also follow his twitter feed... Which has been posted here separately.

Dude might know football, but if he's a Rams fan I'm a Patriots fan.
Well that's neither here nor there. The season hasn't started...and all he has to go by is last year, and two preseason games.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Rams being able to take the West...but they still have to go out and do it...(y)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well that's neither here nor there. The season hasn't started...and all he has to go by is last year, and two preseason games.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Rams being able to take the West...but they still have to go out and do it...(y)

That's what I love about this forum. Guys like you that expect a high standard.

But this piece falls short, IMO.

I'd love to throw pie in his face, but the results will do that. Not me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like we have ourselves a "Little Bernie". Rather than writing an intelligent article with football analysis, he decided to write a sardonic and caustic piece to get page views.

This is the cesspool that sports journalism seems to be hurtling towards.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Looks like we have ourselves a "Little Bernie". Rather than writing an intelligent article with football analysis, he decided to write a sardonic and caustic piece to get page views.

This is the cesspool that sports journalism seems to be hurtling towards.

TMZ sports.

Sad.

But it's probably a win for their site, for the wrong reasons as a fan.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
What I find amusing or actually kind of makes me angry is that I blocked him on twitter some time ago because I find him so annoying. That and he never writes anything of substance. Then I went to their site a few days ago and his story basically consists of two of my tweets.....copied and pasted.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He straight up called our team "crappy" and continued to write a crap filled article.

So we can't win our division because...

- the Seahawks didn't lose anybody in the OS?

-The Niners aren't in termoil?

-The Cards defense is still great?

It doesn't surprise me a Rams writer vomits on a promising season before it starts. We see it all the time with Bernie. However, the LA comments were a new low. This guy is terrible.

ViperLjs

Rookie
I used to read TST religiously until a couple years ago, but I hardly ever go there anymore; Van Bibber has always been a talented writer, but his posts have changed over the years. When the blog first started, his articles were interesting, informed, and had a mostly balanced tone. Nowadays, pretty much everything that he writes is absolutely dripping with cynicism and negativity, and while he says he is still a fan of the team, it's honestly pretty hard to believe. This particular article is literally a troll piece; he straight up insults the players, the coaches, the ownership, and the fanbase, and then strawmans everyone who takes offense as crazy homers. It's a shame, too, because the other writers at TST are mostly excellent.

I honestly wonder what happened to the guy. Read his personal twitter and it's nothing but negativity and snark; he comes off like a really unhappy person.