Kenny Britt going back to #18

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Damn I was hoping that if the Rams drafted Garrett Grayson he would don 18 and I could have thoughts of Roman Gabriel dancing in my head!
Roman-Gabriel.jpg

69superbowl

Rookie
The Rams had it all in 1969. Superbowl was... right... there... Ugh. Still angry.

Nice photo D-the-C.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
No it shouldn't. Check out our record since he went from 88 to 81. We went 37-11 in the 3 years of 88. We have had only 1 winning season since. 88 should be retired.
I only remember 81 for Holt. He did most of his best work wearing that number. Also, he was THE greatest reciever of all time. Best route runner, best hands and crazy speed. Fuck Jerry Rice. That dude was a complete product of having HOF QBs for 20 years. Without nagging knee injuries, Holt puts up 20,000 yards. I love Ike as much as anyone, but he wasn't even close to as gifted as Holt.

Big Game

Living The Dream
So Tavon is # 11 Bailey is #12 Britt is going back to #18 wonder if Quick will keep #80. just saying lol

iced

I only remember 81 for Holt. He did most of his best work wearing that number. Also, he was THE greatest reciever of all time. Best route runner, best hands and crazy speed. freak Jerry Rice. That dude was a complete product of having HOF QBs for 20 years. Without nagging knee injuries, Holt puts up 20,000 yards. I love Ike as much as anyone, but he wasn't even close to as gifted as Holt.

don't forget stickum

compare holt's finger to jerry's and tell me who was really catching passes

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Damn I was hoping that if the Rams drafted Garrett Grayson he would don 18 and I could have thoughts of Roman Gabriel dancing in my head!
Roman-Gabriel.jpg
I have this exact jersey in pristine condition signed by Gabe and he writes NFL MVP 1969 along with signature signed in white along front #1 thats blue. Love those uni's . Looked awesome in the Mudbowl with the hated vikes. Memories.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I only remember 81 for Holt. He did most of his best work wearing that number. Also, he was THE greatest reciever of all time. Best route runner, best hands and crazy speed. freak Jerry Rice. That dude was a complete product of having HOF QBs for 20 years. Without nagging knee injuries, Holt puts up 20,000 yards. I love Ike as much as anyone, but he wasn't even close to as gifted as Holt.

I love Holt but Bruce's '95 season might be the best season by any receiver ever!!!!! I know Rice had 3 more catches, 67 more yards, 2 more touchdowns than Bruce in 1995 and Calvin Johnson has since surpassed them in yards (just looked, Johnson only had 5 receiving TD's!!!! that year). Bruce was catching passes from Chris Miller and Mark Rypien, not Hall of Famer Steve Young, and was playing for a 7-9 Rams team (that literally spent a 3rd round pick on a place kicker that played half the season) , not the 49ers who made it to the NFC Championship game.

The Rams threw for 4,113 yards that year, Bruce's 1,781 and scored 13 of the Rams 32 offensive touchdowns. I don't think there has ever been a receiver that meant so much to a team's offense as Isaac Bruce did in '95. He gained about a 1/3 of the team's yards on offense.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I love Holt but Bruce's '95 season might be the best season by any receiver ever!!!!! I know Rice had 3 more catches, 67 more yards, 2 more touchdowns than Bruce in 1995 and Calvin Johnson has since surpassed them in yards (just looked, Johnson only had 5 receiving TD's!!!! that year). Bruce was catching passes from Chris Miller and Mark Rypien, not Hall of Famer Steve Young, and was playing for a 7-9 Rams team (that literally spent a 3rd round pick on a place kicker that played half the season) , not the 49ers who made it to the NFC Championship game.

The Rams threw for 4,113 yards that year, Bruce's 1,781 and scored 13 of the Rams 32 offensive touchdowns. I don't think there has ever been a receiver that meant so much to a team's offense as Isaac Bruce did in '95. He gained about a 1/3 of the team's yards on offense.
Completely agree on Bruce's '95 campaign. One could also argue that Holt had just as good of a season in 2003. 117 receptions, 1,696 yards and 12 touchdowns. He had Bruce on the other side also getting targets so he might have had even more if not for Ike. And, I believe Holt is the only receiver to have two 1600 yard seasons in a career.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Kinda wish they would retire the 18 for Gabriel.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Good. 81 should be retired.

There are those among us who believe both 81 and 18 should of many retired. The Rams were the best team in football in '68. We would have pulverized Broadway Joe. Gabe was the Man! For me, that was the first of many bitter Ram pills to swallow... does this sound familiar?

Officials' mistake proved costly to Los Angeles Rams in 1968
The Los Angeles Rams needed a victory over the Chicago Bears to keep playoff chances alive in 1968. Late in the game with the Rams trailing by a point, the officials lost track of the downs, and L.A. ended up losing.

Look it up - With this win, we go to the SB...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kinda wish they would retire the 18 for Gabriel.
Meet Roman once, on a flight from Chicago to L.A. Really a nice guy!! I agree with you completely, the Rams should retire his Number! But If they retire every number of every player I like, that ever Played for the Rams, their would be NO Numbers Left!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Meet Roman once, on a flight from Chicago to L.A. Really a nice guy!! I agree with you completely, the Rams should retire his Number! But If they retire every number of every player I like, that ever Played for the Rams, their would be NO Numbers Left!!
Gabriel is really why I became a Rams fan. He was my football idol as a kid. I'd love to meet him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Gabriel is really why I became a Rams fan. He was my football idol as a kid. I'd love to meet him.
The year I met him, he'd just done a Movie with John Wayne ( My Hero!) where he played an American Indian, ( I was 6 Foot 175( On leave from the USMC at the time, he made me look like a midget!!)

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Gabriel and Olsen signed my football at Dad's bank in Long Beach when I was a kid. Wish I still had it. It was burned in a house fire in 72. Instead, I have a 2001 ball with Pace, Wistrom, Martz, Fletcher, Shaw, and Slater. Yeah, I know Jackie wasn't on the team then...but he signed it w a HOF addendum.

As a kid, the Angel Gabriel had nothing on my man Roman.

On a different note, the Bruce/Holt debate is fascinating. Bruce was superior in savvy and competitive fire. Holt was more durable and athletic. Ellard is forgotten but not by me. Henry could've filled either of their roles without a noticeable difference in production. Like my children, I love them each for their uniqueness.