Kapersnuck-Wilson and Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
There are a couple of things all of them have in common.
First all are good at avoiding turnovers. A pretty rare and important thing for young QBs.
All leave big plays on the field sometimes and all create sacks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Taking that into consideration he is still a little gun shy and conservative, you can see it in his pocket presence.

I wouldn't go that far either as many of the things people criticize Bradford for are the exact things you'll see QBs like Manning and Brady do. I'd say he's too affected by pressure though.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I wouldn't go that far either as many of the things people criticize Bradford for are the exact things you'll see QBs like Manning and Brady do. I'd say he's too affected by pressure though.

And how will getting hurt again last year affect how he deals with pressure this year?

That's another question that needs to be answered this year. No one knows for sure yet if Sam will hit the field running or have problems coming off that knee.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And how will getting hurt again last year affect how he deals with pressure this year?

That's another question that needs to be answered this year. No one knows for sure yet if Sam will hit the field running or have problems coming off that knee.

I have no idea. And there will be no answer to that question until football season so I'm not going to get hung up on it now. I'm sure the PD board has already started their preemptive criticism anyways. Gotta hit Bradford before he has the chance to hit back. :LOL:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I have no idea. And there will be no answer to that question until football season so I'm not going to get hung up on it now. I'm sure the PD board has already started their preemptive criticism anyways. Gotta hit Bradford before he has the chance to hit back. :LOL:

Well, that was my point. Nobody knows yet. And that is why I said from the start that I am reserving my judgment on Bradford when so many posters already think he's gonna be great this year.

And the PD board is insane. While there are some good posters there, the majority are totally off the wall.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Well, that was my point. Nobody knows yet. And that is why I said from the start that I am reserving my judgment on Bradford when so many posters already think he's gonna be great this year.

And the PD board is insane. While there are some good posters there, the majority are totally off the wall.
Well, I don't think anyone's going to actually start judging Bradford until the games start but you could have an opinion about whether you think he'll come back strong, whether he'll continue his good play, etc.

I think he will come back strong and start tickling that top 5 area of QB's. Not get in, but he won't be straddling the top 10 like in 2013. There were too many things going on to start 2013 that retarded his statistics. Now that Tavon and Stedman aren't rookies and they aren't going with the spread offense that wasn't a good fit for the players on hand, I think Bradford continues what he did for 3+ starts to end the year.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I firmly believe this about Bradford. He has got to stay on the field all season, and based on what I have seen, I'm not sold that he will.

If he misses games this year, I'm done with him. And my guess is so are the Rams.

Am I hopeful? Certainly.

Am I confident? No.

And I'm far from confident that both Long and Saffold will stay on the field. And I firmly believe that the Rams will be playing with fire if they don't draft one of those top OTs. It all plays together. If they draft Watkins and they miss out on a Matthews as a result, we'd all better start praying.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I want to make it clear that I am a fan of SB. I believe he physically has everything necessary to be very effective. The things that I would like to see from him are confidence in what he see's and his arms ability to convert it. Jrry I think we are pretty close in how we view him. I am not criticizing him for Manning and Brady like traits and I know that you were just making a statement. I am talking about making maybe 2-4 plays in a game were he leaves points or longer gains on the table in very makeable situations for shorter gains. Watching the plays unfold I believe it is a hesitation on his part do to confidence and or aggressiveness. I believe this is partially do to the players around him OL and WR but I think a part of it is him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I firmly believe this about Bradford. He has got to stay on the field all season, and based on what I have seen, I'm not sold that he will.

If he misses games this year, I'm done with him. And my guess is so are the Rams.
I agree, but i do think he plays a full season again. High ankle sprain 3 years ago in a season where he got pounded on weekly, and what i would call a freak injury last season.

And I'm far from confident that both Long and Saffold will stay on the field. And I firmly believe that the Rams will be playing with fire if they don't draft one of those top OTs. It all plays together. If they draft Watkins and they miss out on a Matthews as a result, we'd all better start praying.
Agree 100%

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bradford hasn't played a full season back to back since his Freshman year in college. You guys can call it bad luck, fine. The bottom line is that he hasn't done it and until he does, the jury is out on him being able to stay healthy.
2010 and 2012 were 16 games seaons that Bradford played.