Kam Chancellor wants more money

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Sorry, I don't buy it. This is nothing more than greed.
So your income has remained the same regardless of your success over the years? We live in a pay for performance society on all levels. Those who are able to deliver more are typically worth more and therefore earn more. How much money one makes compared to another is relative and it isn't up to your or I to decide how much money is enough for someone else.
For every guy on here complaining about how many millions these guys make there is a third WorldNet looking at you and saying the exact same thing.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
... Those who are able to deliver more are typically worth more and therefore earn more....
My brother, the an adjunct math professor, would proabably take issue with that position. I know outsourcing has impacted most every job and the idea of having a lifetime job with the same company/institution is practically a thing of the past but what is happening in the world of higher education now borders on criminal. People with impressive credentials including advanced degrees from places like UC Berkely in mathematics (in my bro's case) are working as contractors for poverty level wages.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Greed plain and simple, play out the contract before you stick your hand out for money.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Everyone hit up his social media page if hes got one and encourage him to hold out for big money. :sneaky:

"Get that money Kam #Best Saftey in the NFL." Something along those lines.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How much more do these guys need to live and survive? Most of us live normal lives with much, much, much less. IMO, it doesn't matter what sport it is, the money these guys make is sickening. Don't tell me he can't survive and take care of his family for $5.65 million this year. What is so sickening is the amount of money the players and owners both make, and yet who's stuck in the middle sucking on it... the fans.
like that NBA player saying its going to be harder to live on 6.8 million a year. alright. it'd be harder on me alright, i wouldnt know which friend to help out first.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
like that NBA player saying its going to be harder to live on 6.8 million a year. alright. it'd be harder on me alright, i wouldnt know which friend to help out first.

That's why you'd never fit into the NBA. The proper attitude is "I wouldn't know which new friend to buy".

Hope that helps.

jjab360

Legend
How much more do these guys need to live and survive? Most of us live normal lives with much, much, much less. IMO, it doesn't matter what sport it is, the money these guys make is sickening. Don't tell me he can't survive and take care of his family for $5.65 million this year. What is so sickening is the amount of money the players and owners both make, and yet who's stuck in the middle sucking on it... the fans.
I don't understand what's so "sickening" about a guy who comes up from nothing, works ridiculously hard his entire life, defying all the odds, devoting himself entirely, putting his body on the line and being handsomely rewarded for it. It's freaking inspiring.

A55VA6

Legend
So many Seahawks players wanting more money... this is great. :LOL:

I sense problems for them in the near future. They won't be able to afford some of these guys if they pay Wilson (which I assume they will).

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't understand what's so "sickening" about a guy who comes up from nothing, works ridiculously hard his entire life, defying all the odds, devoting himself entirely, putting his body on the line and being handsomely rewarded for it. It's freaking inspiring.
I don't mean to start a debate but half the guys who come up from nothing, have no choice but to play a sport. These are freak athletes from birth. If I was 6'3 220 pounds with the ability to put on muscle just by going to the gym once, I could be an NFL safety too. Hell, Craig Dahl is a safety because he's a big guy and can run sorta fast. That's literally it. He's horrendous at football. I understand where you are coming from though.

Stel

Starter
I agree, but playing devil's advocate, shouldn't the teams be held to the same standard...As in honoring the contract as well...

Whether you agree with the system or not, the team IS honoring the contract. NFL contracts allow the team to cut a player, they don't allow the player to hold out. Contracts in the NFL are negotiated with that in mind. Players get bigger payments up front because the teams can cut them. Contracts have big pay at the end because everyone knows the player won't earn it (either gets a new extended contract or is cut).

jjab360

Legend
I don't mean to start a debate but half the guys who come up from nothing, have no choice but to play a sport. These are freak athletes from birth. If I was 6'3 220 pounds with the ability to put on muscle just by going to the gym once, I could be an NFL safety too. Hell, Craig Dahl is a safety because he's a big guy and can run sorta fast. That's literally it. He's horrendous at football. I understand where you are coming from though.
You're right, nature vs. nurture is a pretty big debate, but I'm of the belief that nobody is a freak athlete from birth. Some guys are naturally taller or naturally have more girth, but absolutely nobody can run a 4.3 without extensive training or bench 400 lbs. without having lifted weights a day in their life. Hell, both me and my dad are naturally 6'3, but he lifted weights religiously as a kid and I've lifted extremely sparingly. As a result, he was about 225 lbs. and cut as a pro athlete when he was my age (I've seen the pictures) and I'm 180 with barely any muscle definition.

And then of course there's the mental aspect of the game, which countless NFL busts have proven you simply can't succeed without. It's a lot harder than you're making it sound and only the best of the best of the best, physically and mentally, actually make it all the way to the NFL and are successful once they get there.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Whether you agree with the system or not, the team IS honoring the contract. NFL contracts allow the team to cut a player, they don't allow the player to hold out. Contracts in the NFL are negotiated with that in mind. Players get bigger payments up front because the teams can cut them. Contracts have big pay at the end because everyone knows the player won't earn it (either gets a new extended contract or is cut).

Exactly. That's why they negotiate on the guaranteed part of the deal.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The NFL's labor model is 1000x better than the NBA model. Better for the game itself i mean.