CELEBRATE !! Kaepernick headed to L.A.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
5ujgw0W.gif

Hahahahhjajkakakkakam

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Sorry, but I can't support this asshole. If he does indeed sign here in going to have to listen to the radio for games.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
God I hope not. Kaepernick is not the answer. He could be a decent back-up for a game here or there but not a string of them. Please let this just be shit slinging.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Hopefully this is not true.

I can see the rationale behind, I guess. For starters, he is definitely the best veteran option available IMO. A run game featuring Kaepernick, Gurley, and Austin as possibilities would have defences going crazy. He's far more durable than RGIII. He is the only QB available that led a team to the Super Bowl game - and looked good doing it. If not for the lighting fiasco I actually do not think it is implausible to say SF would have won (of course, we'll never know and 'ifs' don't buy championships).

Yet, he is not the long term answer. He looked awful last year and has a horrible attitude. He does not seem to have the mental IQ needed to play the game at a high level in the NFL. He fails to spot open receivers regularly. He has trouble making reads. I'd still prefer him over Foles. I also think I would prefer him to Keenum (but that's basically a wash, since Keenum doesn't come with a stinking attitude and also has not had the chances Kaep has to prove himself). So if we are trading Foles and bringing in Kaepernick in exchange, for example, fine. But we need to find our franchise guy. That isn't Kaepernick.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
So it's like Fisher said " Screw it, everyone bitches I can't develop a QB so I'm going to just sign CK and run the wildcat every play".

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
IMO Kap is probably the best option out there if healthy.

Could he be successful in a Cam Newton run heavy simple offense backed by a great Defense? Maybe. He got to the Superbowl that way

Run the ball, play action deep shots, run some zone read and he won't get broken after a few rush attempts like RGIII. If we don't want to trade up it definitely something to consider

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'm just in a panic this might be a true rumor. :headexplosion: No. Panic over. I believe it is not true. :);)o_O:unsure:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'll be honest, I was asking for this exact move, but as the off season has progressed I rescind my vote for Map, as I am all in on moving up for Wentz. If we don't land our franchise qb after another opportunity in the draft I'll be pissed!

The ONLY way this works for me is if we land Boldin too and draft Treadwell.

Other than that, pass and trade for Wentz.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I hope they don't consider him the answer. But I'd prefer him as a bridge QB to Keenum.
Hell no he can't throw any better than Foles, one read and run, those teams in SF won in spite of him

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I want this to happen so badly. Watching the year long cycle of people trying to convince themselves that actually on second thoughts Kapernick is actually really good, and is the exact QB we need to get to the playoffs, then eventually using him as an excuse for why Fisher still isn't successful (he just needs a QB!) is too entertaining a prospect to turn down.

Was it fun when it was Foles? Fuck yes. But for it to be someone everyone hates as much as Kapernick, that would take it up to 11.

Or you know, they could not do this, and do something that actually turns them into winners, either is fine with me.