Just memories that haunt me still

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I'm sitting here with my beer haunted by my memories of this day February 21, 1972. The day I lost my closest friend, a guy closer to me than my own brother. We weren't supposed to be there. Officially we weren't. So we were on our own. I can still hear the bullets as they tore through the floor of the chopper. The screams and yells, the sound of the M60 machine gun of our crew chief. It took at most maybe 20 seconds,

Then I found myself laying on my back in a rice paddy. I could see the chopper not far from me burning and the screams of my friends still trapped inside. A part of me died that day with them. But I promised them that I would never forget.

So now I'm drinking my yearly toast to all of them. I have not forgotten nor will I ever. But most of all I will keep the faith and my promise Ron. Your son is a great man, generous to a fault, but most of all a good father. Be forever at peace my brother.

Never take your life for granted. Cherish your life and keep your loved ones close. Our lives are a gift not to be taken lightly. Just cherish and enjoy your lives and try your best to live without regrets. We never know how long we have so we must make the most of it.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Thanks for sharing @oldnotdead .

Wise words and sorry for your loss. I am very glad you were not taken on that terrible day.

RIP

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@oldnotdead Thanks for posting this, man. We really appreciate your service to this country. That's a heavy bourdon to bear.