Jim Schwartz Likely To Cleveland

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
So, he is off the table now.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8345/jim-schwartz

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.
What the Browns are doing, we have no clue. Rob Chudzinski assembled a star-studded coordinator pairing in OC Norv Turner and DC Ray Horton last offseason. Horton is one of the brighter defensive minds in the game. The Browns have told him he can seek employment elsewhere, and he'll have zero trouble landing on his feet. Schwartz worked with the Browns as a scout from 1993-1995 when Bill Belichick was the coach. Current Browns GM Mike Lombardi was also on that staff. Schwartz coordinated the Titans defense from 2001-2008. Of course, the Browns have no idea who their next head coach will be. Jan 1 - 2:16 PM
Source: CBS Sports

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So, they've hired a DC before their HC?

:slap:

Sum1

Hall of Fame

Or perhaps they already have an agreement with their next head coach but have to adhere to the Rooney rule before they make an announcement.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Factory of sadness.

I got a feeling Ray Horton will end up in Washington...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Or perhaps they already have an agreement with their next head coach but have to adhere to the Rooney rule before they make an announcement.

Or if it's McDaniels, do they have to wait until NE is eliminated next weekend?

See what I did there? :sly:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

IMO, they know it's McDaniels. He and Lombardi are best buddies. I wish we'd hire Horton. He's a great DC.

PhxRam

In all honesty, what was Waltons qualifications for the DC position?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
So, he is off the table now.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8345/jim-schwartz

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.
What the Browns are doing, we have no clue. Rob Chudzinski assembled a star-studded coordinator pairing in OC Norv Turner and DC Ray Horton last offseason. Horton is one of the brighter defensive minds in the game. The Browns have told him he can seek employment elsewhere, and he'll have zero trouble landing on his feet. Schwartz worked with the Browns as a scout from 1993-1995 when Bill Belichick was the coach. Current Browns GM Mike Lombardi was also on that staff. Schwartz coordinated the Titans defense from 2001-2008. Of course, the Browns have no idea who their next head coach will be. Jan 1 - 2:16 PM
Source: CBS Sports
Lombardi is assembling a core group of Belicheat disciples, so the OC and HC will come from that same corrupt coaching tree.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I wish we'd hire Horton. He's a great DC.
No doubt. I wonder if Gregg Williams career is done...? It'd be a risky hire from a PR standpoint,but i for one would like to know if Fisher would even the explore the idea of re-hiring GW. I drool at the thought of what he could do with this front seven.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No doubt. I wonder if Gregg Williams career is done...? It'd be a risky hire from a PR standpoint,but i for one would like to know if Fisher would even the explore the idea of re-hiring GW. I drool at the thought of what he could do with this front seven.

Nah. Williams is working for the Titans right now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah it just got his voicemail. He never picks up.

He answered for me. But he thought I was Chinese delivery and was none too thrilled when I told him that I didn't have his egg roll and chicken lo mein. :oops: