Jared Cook wants to buy #89 off Amari Cooper

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ared-cook-wants-to-buy-no-89-off-amari-cooper

Jared Cook wants to buy No. 89 off Amari Cooper
  • By Conor Orr
  • Around The NFL Writer
  • Published: March 17, 2017 at 09:09 a.m.
  • Updated: March 17, 2017 at 01:06 p.m.
Could there be a new No. 89 in Oakland?

New Raiders tight end Jared Cook, who has worn No. 89 each year since his rookie season in 2009, doesn't sound like a player unprepared to purchase his digits off Oakland's former first-round pick.

"I don't know," Cook said, via The Mercury News. "Me and (Cooper) are going to have to have a little conversation to see if I can get it off of him. Might have to bribe him a little bit, throw him like five bucks or something. We'll see if I can get it off his back."

Cook knows well that this will cost him much more than $5 and it's unlikely to happen, though one has to admire the 29-year-old tight end's bravado. After a miracle catch in Green Bay's playoff win over the Dallas Cowboys, Cook reportedly misjudged his market and priced himself out of Green Bay before taking visits to Minnesota and Seattle. Now, we're talking about him swiping a jersey from the team's budding star franchise receiver.

It's important to take these tidbits with a sense of humor, which I think Cook is. It's difficult for a franchise to sign off on a number change for someone so popular like Cooper, especially when so many young fans have already purchased the silver and black No. 89.

Of course, in this business you never know. A Cook/Derek Carr love fest has underscored the days following his signings. Should he exceed expectations, fans might be willing to just hand it over.

"We sat in on a meeting and watched some film together today," Cook said Thursday. "Love the kid, man. He's cool. He's a real down to earth guy.

"(I'm) just another weapon for Derek to use, man. To be able to stretch the field, get down to the secondary at a fast pace, create separations off different routes ... it gives him a different elements to put the ball in different places and keep the chains moving."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My take: Cook is a joke.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
"(I'm) just another weapon for Derek to use, man. To be able to stretch the field, get down to the secondary at a fast pace, create separations off different routes ... it gives him a different elements to put the ball in different places and keep the chains moving."
Hey Cook... We use blue font around here.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Disrespectful for him to even ask in my opinion. But then again it's the same guy who shoved Austin Davis on the sideline after dropping a go ahead touchdown in the final 2 minutes of a game.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't get why this guy gets any attention. Guy can't catch or stick with any one team. Sulky, moody personality. Who cares.:thinking:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If I'm Cooper, I tell Cook that he can wear a different number and deal with it.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
CooK is a Fisher guy, nough said.. glad he's gone. I don't ever want to hear of this name again.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Jared cook has been in the NFL for 8 year iirc and he has roughly 1200 more yards receiving then Cooper whose been in the NFL for 2 go home cook your drunk

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah right. Kick rocks Beetlejuice.....

hqdefault.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I always defended Cook, somewhat, because the whole offense was terrible while he was here.

But... Cook isn't a consistent player, like Britt, and I don't mind seeing these Fisher type guys move on. These guys seem to enjoy the attention and wealth the game provides more than the satisfaction of competition.

Good luck tossing around your resume to get that number, Jared.

A55VA6

Legend
lol Cooper aint gonna change his number. ALOT of Raiders fans own an 89 Cooper jersey + Cooper is going to make a lot of money in his career... he doesn't need Cooks chump change.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

usually the superstar wants to buy his number from some stiff on the team, not the other way around.

someone needs to whisper in cook's ear which one he is and always has been.