Jared Cook - OPI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
The worst part is that it bails out Perrish Cox. Cox is such a piece of poop. He fathered the child of the woman he had no sexual contact with and did not rape. His lawyer is pretty good.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
As I called on another play in the chat... the penalty was for Illegal Competence. That's a big no no for the Rams. Fisher was whipped into shape for the rest of the game.

fearsomefour

Legend
Can someone post some video or breakdown clips of GW's defense on that ridiculous, game changing TD bomb to B.Lloyd just before the half.
Dont have the video but basically "Paul" Williams had the S run to the middle of the field while running a blitz with seconds left in the half, leaving a CB who is susceptible to a double move all alone with no safety help.
JJ sees a lot of double moves because he bites. How he could possible bit there I have no idea. At any rate, it was maybe the worst D call I have ever seen and created a situation that punished the whole team.
I think PW ego is totally out of control.

Sappy113

Rookie
Guys, guys... don't you know. No running allowed for Rams players. Catching? CATCHING!? You gotta be kiddin' me! Of COURSE no catching.

Man, there are so many infractions Cook committed on that play, I'm stunned he hasn't been banned for the entire season already.

Walter

Rookie
That is so unbelievable. If they are calling it on the contact, the contact was made within 5 yards and before the pass was thrown.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Dean Blandino was just on NFL channel he said it was not a penalty on 89.
After that piece they also provided his twitter account, @deanblandino. Who knows if it's real but I think we should blow that account up. #ramsdemandjustice #fireleedyer (the back judge who made the call).

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
The worst part is that it bails out Perrish Cox. Cox is such a piece of poop. He fathered the child of the woman he had no sexual contact with and did not rape. His lawyer is pretty good.
Right? They totally glossed over that tidbit while heaping praise on the dude, yet took a few minutes to refresh everyone's memories about the allegations against Ray McDonald. Also no mention of that other scumbag Chris Cook, but whatchyagonnado?

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Also, I'd love to know what the count is on Rams OPI vs. the rest of the NFL. I mentioned in the GDT, I don't think I've seen it called against any other team this year and the Rams have 4 to their credit? Maybe more?

fearsomefour

Legend
That is so unbelievable. If they are calling it on the contact, the contact was made within 5 yards and before the pass was thrown.
The receiver has a right to run his route, regardless of where he is on the field. The contact with five yards applies to both sides, but, is enforced on the D side more. During the broadcast Gruden summed it up well enough saying, "There is nothing there, that is not a penalty." When his broadcast partner said the league is paying more attention to offensive pass interference this year Gruden said, "They should focus more on the rules of the game, because that was not a penalty."
The rules changes, refs, Goodell....intentional or not, really ruining the game.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If you look again he was actually 7 or 8 yards past the LOS, so maybe it wasn't a bad call after all.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
If you look again he was actually 7 or 8 yards past the LOS, so maybe it wasn't a bad call after all.
Except that Cook did nothing other than run his route. The 7 or 8 yards downfield only brings Illegal Contact by the DB into play.

beej

Rookie
When was the flag thrown? At the point of the penalty or after the whistle. I never heard anyone say.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I certainly can't tell where the line of scrimmage is from that vine. I do recall Gruden during the telecast saying that the contact was within 5 yards... he also said that he had no idea why that call was made.

Fisher came out on camera and criticized the call. This is not like Fish to call out refs btw... he usually defends them even if the calls were iffy. Fish also called out the bullshit defensive holding call on unus against the cowgirls on the play that should have resulted in a sack.

Iffy calls are one thing. These BULLSHIT calls are another. My eyes tell me everything I need when watching either of those calls. Confirmation from all the more qualified NFL people that has been provided is not even needed... but we have that too.

Bad calls will always happen. These particular calls are beyond what I would consider "bad" though.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
He had two hands on the defender 7 yards past the LOS though.
Nothing more than typical hand fighting that is seen on nearly every pass attempt. Even the corrupt Dean Blandino stated that a "no call" was the right call on this play but it was certainly not OPI.