Jamon Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Read on the TST wrap-up that he was replaced by Reynolds - I totally missed that. Anyone know what's up with him?

Mamfm5

UDFA
Read on the TST wrap-up that he was replaced by Reynolds - I totally missed that. Anyone know what's up with him?
He went out for 7 snaps in the 2nd or 3rd Quarter. Didn't look hurt on the sidelines and returned and finished the game.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I noticed Reynolds came in first half I think but it wasn't for long. When I saw him in the huddle I just assumed it was Saffold banged up again.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He went out for 7 snaps in the 2nd or 3rd Quarter. Didn't look hurt on the sidelines and returned and finished the game.
Thanks. Good to hear. That wasn't after the botched shotgun snap, was it? Maybe they wanted the vet in at LG for a few snaps to calm Barnes down a touch, or help with communication? I often see the LG standing up and watching his QB on shotgun snaps and informing the center when it's time to fire.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
They brought in Reynolds to help G. Rob. not Barnes. How long will it take Coach O to explain the problems we are still having with G. Rob.? He is just now watching more game film but the guy has till now tried to live off of natural ability and size. He needs to be told where he needs to be on every play. So you bring in Reynolds who knows every person's assignments on every play and all zone calls. Now you know why we went against Saffold's best position at ORG and had Rodger play next to G. Rob. all pre-season to be his own personal coach on every play telling him where he needs to be and what to do.

WE then move Saffold back to his natural ORG spot and J. Brown to OLG and G. Rob lost his security blanket. Its gonna still take time. Both J. Brown and Havenstein have more successive starts at Louisville and Wisconsin and even Cody Wichmann has had 40+ successive starts at Fresno State. G. Rob. had seven plays at Auburn and none with his hands in the dirt and none in pass pro. Just one season and the man-child is still so YOUNG. He is gonna take time but I think this year the giant kid will be forced to finally put it together and NEXT year he may start living up to his draft status.

We have depth on our OL with Reynolds and Wichmann. I'm lovin it.!!!:D

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Great post @GabesHorn GROB did seem to rally and played very solid in the 2nd half and some of the runs that gained yardage did go off the left side. Also GROB does need to study the game sometimes that happens with players like this who have always been able to just go out and play on talent alone.

I still believe in GROB, however, I too am pleased with the depth along the offensive line and now it's on to Washington and let's win there!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well, … considering Brown is a rookie playing with inexperienced talent around him, AND that he was recently moved to LG after NOT playing the position throughout the pre-season, I think I can cut him some slack in his opening game. jmo.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Agreed. It feels good to finally have decent backups behind a potentially very good Oline. Amazing it was all done in one offseason too.

This is a bit condescending though.

I beg forgiveness. Some want to blame our newbies when so many don't realize still from not reading mostly that its G. Rob. that is coming along the slowest (Yet at the toughest spot to play on OL) just because he was taken 2nd player overall in last seasons draft. I'm quite sure under our coaching staff that G. Rob. will be playing Pro Bowl type play by the end of this season , Playoffs , and definately Next Season onward.

We have so much to be looking forward to lets not be negative. We really stocked the shelves for the future this last draft. We have'nt even opened all the groceries so lets focus on that. The Premiere of Gurley as we by winning early even give him more time to be REALLY READY to ROLL!!! GO RAMS!!!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Well, … considering Brown is a rookie playing with inexperienced talent around him, AND that he was recently moved to LG after NOT playing the position throughout the pre-season, I think I can cut him some slack in his opening game. jmo.
I don't think anyone's saying anything negative about Brown... just wondered why he was pulled out, and was concerned he might have hurt himself.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Dude made KEY plays. Amazing.
And hit like a truck, at least on one tackle. Wasn't that the big knock on him pre-draft - great in coverage, tackles like everyone's little sister?

RamzFanz

Damnit
And hit like a truck, at least on one tackle. Wasn't that the big knock on him pre-draft - great in coverage, tackles like everyone's little sister?

I don't recall the TC commentary, but didn't he lay out "bitch mode" once?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I don't recall the TC commentary, but didn't he lay out "bitch mode" once?
Probably the hit I'm referencing... announcers loved it. Not talking about TC commentary, but from last year's draft - thought people didn't think he could tackle, and that's why he went undrafted.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Probably the hit I'm referencing... announcers loved it. Not talking about TC commentary, but from last year's draft - thought people didn't think he could tackle, and that's why he went undrafted.

Yeah, I don't recall, he hasn't been on my radar much. Very impressive way to fill in! He doesn't get a game ball but he deserves an honorable mention!

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He definitely played well for getting thrust in on short notice. But there was at least one play where he would have been DESTROYED if seattle had any receivers (sorry not sorry doug baldwin). Playing 10 yards off at the start, turned his back to the receiver just as they cut the route, seemed about 20 yards away at the time of the catch. Thankfully he (or someone, don't remember) got around and made the stop, but I was nervous that play.

jjab360

Legend
He definitely played well for getting thrust in on short notice. But there was at least one play where he would have been DESTROYED if seattle had any receivers (sorry not sorry doug baldwin). Playing 10 yards off at the start, turned his back to the receiver just as they cut the route, seemed about 20 yards away at the time of the catch. Thankfully he (or someone, don't remember) got around and made the stop, but I was nervous that play.
Hard to say he would've gotten "destroyed" based off one play. It was a small sample size in general, but he was pretty much lockdown the rest of the game.

FrankenRam

Starter

I recall hearing that as well. And seem to recall seeing on field evidence of it a couple times last year. Wasn't the case yesterday, for sure.