Jamon Brown OT/G

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thehammer

Rookie
Per a source, Louisville offensive tackle Jamon Brown has an up-coming visit with the St. Louis Ram

Jamon Brown OT/G Louisville 6’4 330 1st ACC singer/good kid CH++++ good shrine ..top ten in sparq

maybe 1st of 30? Have him right now as a late 6th

Stel

Starter
Interesting guy. I remember watching a Louisville game in which he switched from LOT to ROT constantly. Seemed like every other play he would switch sides. Struck me as odd.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
He is probably a G only in the NFL. Extremely awkward in space (outside). Shows above average run blocking techniques which is why they might be bringing him in.

Physically he is a beast. Long arms and wide base, unfortunately he does not always uses the assets. I worry about his lack of athleticism. He is quick on short spaces but becomes clumsy and puts his head down a lot when he gets into space. He will struggle to get to the 2nd level, but in a pure power scheme he could be a fit. He really needs to a way to control his body, get his balance better to ever make it in the NFL.

He is a worth a look though. UDFA would be my opinion.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Need to watch him before I give an opinion. But I don't mind taking a 6th rounder on a OL if you think you can develop him for the 2016 season and beyond.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Just put him in the if goes undrafted list, yesterday. When I was watching John Miller tape, he flashed on several occasions. He is a lower round guy that might be able to slip inside and compete, in a couple years, at Guard. Has the length to maybe play some ORT, but he can't play OLT IMO. I have him as a project worth working with. Powerful guy with long arms. I don't know where to find SPARQ scores. I had Miller much higher, until I watched more tape of him.

Stel

Starter
Not to hijack this thread (but not worth starting a new one), what about Bobby Hart, Florida State? Guy is the unsung member of that Oline. Very experienced (I believe he started some games as a 17 year old freshman), started the last 28 straight as ROT. Won't win any sprints, but is bigger and has better vertical, broad jump, short shuttle, 3 cone, and bench than both Jackson and Matias. I think Hart is limited to OG in the NFL. Currently listed as a late round/FA prospect.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Not to hijack this thread (but not worth starting a new one), what about Bobby Hart, Florida State? Guy is the unsung member of that Oline. Very experienced (I believe he started some games as a 17 year old freshman), started the last 28 straight as ROT. Won't win any sprints, but is bigger and has better vertical, broad jump, short shuttle, 3 cone, and bench than both Jackson and Matias. I think Hart is limited to OG in the NFL. Currently listed as a late round/FA prospect.
Has trouble with any kind of speed. Gets stymied at LOS on some plays to his side. Will drive a guy to the ground if he gets leverage, but doesn't happen a lot. Rumored to be moved outside, because inside guys were more talented. He has slow feet, tries to cut block a lot, and is unsuccessful most of the time. I think he'll go undrafted, he won't be able to play any OT, but maybe with some development he can play some guard in the future. A backup player at best, is how I see him.

thehammer

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

hijack away...keep looking for the pro day workouts numbers of Hart, Matias and Jackson
know PJ Williams ran well..still my #1 cb

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Not a fan of Hart. He was the weak link of FSU's OL whenever I watched them and struggled immensely at RT.

Interesting guy. I remember watching a Louisville game in which he switched from LOT to ROT constantly. Seemed like every other play he would switch sides. Struck me as odd.

Louisville doesn't use the "left" and "right" designations. Rather, they have their OLs designated as "strong-side" and "weak-side" so they flip back and forth depending on the formation.

Stel

Starter
hijack away...keep looking for the pro day workouts numbers of Hart, Matias and Jackson
know PJ Williams ran well..still my #1 cb

Gil Brandt's column on nfl.com has most of them

"Offensive guard Bobby Hart (6-4 3/8, 325) ran the 40 in 5.67 seconds on both attempts. He had a 27-inch vertical jump and a 7-foot-11 broad jump. Hart did the short shuttle in 5.07 seconds and the three-cone drill in 8.08 seconds. He performed 22 reps on the bench press.

Offensive guard Tre Jackson (6-3 5/8, 319) ran the short shuttle in 5.3 seconds and the three-cone drill in 8.4 seconds. He performed 20 strength lifts. Jackson is well-coached and knows how to position himself.

Offensive guard Josue Matias (6-5 1/4, 312) ran the 40 in 5.36 seconds on both attempts. He had a 24 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 7-foot-10 broad jump. Matias ran the short shuttle in 5.1 seconds and performed 21 strength lifts. All of those are better numbers than Matias posted at the combine."

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gil Brandt's column on nfl.com has most of them

"Offensive guard Bobby Hart (6-4 3/8, 325) ran the 40 in 5.67 seconds on both attempts. He had a 27-inch vertical jump and a 7-foot-11 broad jump. Hart did the short shuttle in 5.07 seconds and the three-cone drill in 8.08 seconds. He performed 22 reps on the bench press.

Offensive guard Tre Jackson (6-3 5/8, 319) ran the short shuttle in 5.3 seconds and the three-cone drill in 8.4 seconds. He performed 20 strength lifts. Jackson is well-coached and knows how to position himself.

Offensive guard Josue Matias (6-5 1/4, 312) ran the 40 in 5.36 seconds on both attempts. He had a 24 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 7-foot-10 broad jump. Matias ran the short shuttle in 5.1 seconds and performed 21 strength lifts. All of those are better numbers than Matias posted at the combine."

Jesus...that's one unathletic group.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I could put up better times than that. But still, I think Matias and Jackson could be 4th round starters for a team.

I like Matias in the right scheme. He's a solid, reliable guy.

thehammer

Rookie
Matias combine workout was one of he historical worst..better pro day..now only bad..
ditto Jackson and Hart..they make Thomlinson look athletic

as a guard Brown put up solid sparq numbers...better then Thomlinson or Miller or obviously the Florida st trio..see why they are intersted.high character guy

add if just using measureables and include arm length you could make the case that Brown is the 2nd or 3nd best guard prospect in this draft only behind Marpet and maybe Glowinski

Last edited:

thehammer

Rookie
add only way rams have been getting any value out of T Austin has been either as a rb or a pr....Rams might consider more rb screens which means they need more athletic guards

OT but pff posted which players had the most unblocked pressures(basically schemed open) ..Laurinaitis was 8th highest and no one did less with those unblocked pressures 2 sacks 1 hit and 9 hurries then JL

want to see which mlber Williams wants look at tfl and especially sacks

Last edited:

thehammer

Rookie
more OT
Wisniewski is visiting NE today after visiting Seattle..that tells me 2 things, he's good and he has zero interest in playing for a 6-10 team..luckily we resigned Barnes

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
more OT
Wisniewski is visiting NE today after visiting Seattle..that tells me 2 things, he's good and he has zero interest in playing for a 6-10 team..luckily we resigned Barnes

For sure - and we have only the Raiders organization to thank for that
Gotta admire a guy who wants to win...

Last edited: