Is the NFL Fixed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is the NFL fixed?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Was just trying to say that because it's an entertainment biz people can be paid hush money. So the "secret" may not necessarily get out.

Whereas if it were a larger issue of morality there would be a whistle blower.

So ultimately the nfl is not about morality. It is about ratings.

Sorry for the shorthand lazy way I tried to say that earlier. My bad.

That makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Just for a minute, imagine that Mike Jones' tackle screwed the NFL's plans for the first OT SB. In which the Rams lose.

If Kevin Dyson had been a cheatriot, they would have just declared that play a touchdown, and just declared them the winners of the game without even have to kick the extra point to tie it.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who's up for a long con?

We need to get someone into the NFL as a ref. Only then will we have definitive proof.

Let's get Guy Richie to direct the movie version!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Fixed? No, much like many other conspiracies, there's just too many moving parts for it not to have gotten out by now. Are refs biased? Probably. Do some put money on games? Probably.

I think at most refs may sometimes try to cover the spread, but I would say it's extremely extremely rare for them to intentionally make a team lose.

jjab360

Legend
If the league was really fixed then how come "America's team" hasn't won since god knows when?

No, it's not fixed, that's ridiculous, imo. There is a lot of incompetence going on with the refs nowadays, though, but that does not equal some big conspiracy.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If the league was really fixed then how come "America's team" hasn't won since god knows when?

No, it's not fixed, that's ridiculous, imo. There is a lot of incompetence going on with the refs nowadays, though, but that does not equal some big conspiracy.

The cheatriots became America's team after 911, they wear red white and blue, and there was no way they were going to lose that year. And the league gave them a few more just for good measure.

jjab360

Legend
The cheatriots became America's team after 911, they wear red white and blue, and there was no way they were going to lose that year. And the league gave them a few more just for good measure.
This conspiracy theory is insulting to pretty much every coach, player, FO, and official in the NFL. If the results are already predetermined, then what the hell is everybody involved working so hard for?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The Cowboys couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. Plus you can't get away with what we saw on nationally televised games. No one cares what 5 Rams fans think.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
This conspiracy theory is insulting to pretty much every coach, player, FO, and official in the NFL. If the results are already predetermined, then what the hell is everybody involved working so hard for?
Because they don't know.

Why do soldiers die in war? Do you really think we went to Vietnam to stop Domino's from falling? People believe big lies. Joseph Goebbels understood this. So did Lenin, and others. It's not a big leap. The science is well developed.

Last edited:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

Ask Mike Martz about that game. He said in an interview there were some extremely strange things that happened, but he wouldn't talk about it on camera. I'm sure some of the players feel the same way.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Because they don't know.

Why do soldiers die in war? Do you really think we went to Vietnam to stop Domino's from falling? People believe big lies. Joseph Goebbels understood this. So did Lenin, and others. It's not a big leap. The science is well developed.

For the men next to them.

However there's too many variables to keep this type of thing under wraps. It would have gotten out by now. It's one thing if the guys on top are in on it, but you're premise would assume that no ref, including the temporary ones, would be willing to stay quiet all through retirement. Some ref would have leaked information or written a book under another name or something if it was a total fix from the top just for entertainment reasons.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The NFL is "reality" television. And everyone knows that "Reality" TV is straight up and not tampered with, right?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I voted "yes" but I'm not completely sold on it. I strongly believe that it wasn't fixed before, and was the best (referee)called game out there among the big four sports for decades. Unfortunately i do think this has only been going on recently under Goodell's NFL, Fixed is a strong word, but its most definitely being micromanaged for reasons other than player safety and protecting QB's....and they aren't handling it too well. Its backfiring.

David Stern's NBA was fixed. I have no doubt. He built that mediocre league into a powerhouse of superstars, super teams and other teams who were always on the outside looking in. I could write a book about Stern's corrupt NBA....but i digress here. :D

Goodell's league hasn't reached the corruption that the NBA had reached...but it could be headed there. Fans are NOT enjoying this type of football. I believe its an agenda based mandate from Goodell and his cronies to create superstars and try to make the games closer and more competitive. SF is getting targeted by the refs worse than we are(LOL). If you can believe that!

Something needs to be done, and i think something WILL BE DONE eventually. Fans, coaches and players won't stand for this crap as the new status quo of the NFL game for the next 10 or so years. Either Goodell will have to do a complete 180 turn on these guidelines(disguised of course as anything but a 180)...or step down so a new commish can come in and hit the reset button(what an easy job that'd be following Goodell at this point). Lol. Cake.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
For the men next to them.

However there's too many variables to keep this type of thing under wraps. It would have gotten out by now. It's one thing if the guys on top are in on it, but you're premise would assume that no ref, including the temporary ones, would be willing to stay quiet all through retirement. Some ref would have leaked information or written a book under another name or something if it was a total fix from the top just for entertainment reasons.

That's just it... the replacement refs WEREN'T in on it... and while they got calls wrong, it was really strange how some teams really stunk while the replacement refs called games straight up and all of a sudden got their groove back once the "real" refs came back.

If anything, those games were a wonderful experiment in what it looked like to have untainted games. Even with poor quality refereeing, we still got far less BIAS.

And frankly, the replacement refs got substantially better by the third game, so much so imho, that I really feel that the league started planting stories about how they had to go in the media and got with the refs to hash it out because they were losing money and not following their plan.

I mean really, teams were winning that....shouldn't!!!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Goodell telling his guys to burry a 6 year long cheating scandal including 3 Super Bowl rings and destroy the evidence and close the investigation after 4 days and blacklist any reporter who dared mention it, now thats a conspiracy but not a theory. so something small as officials throwing a game against a team in a small market is middle of the ballpark for this league.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Fisher said in his presser yesterday that "the NFL is a difficult game to officiate."
He probably should have said "the NFL is a difficult game to officiate since all the new changes."

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
That's just it... the replacement refs WEREN'T in on it... and while they got calls wrong, it was really strange how some teams really stunk while the replacement refs called games straight up and all of a sudden got their groove back once the "real" refs came back.

If anything, those games were a wonderful experiment in what it looked like to have untainted games. Even with poor quality refereeing, we still got far less BIAS.

And frankly, the replacement refs got substantially better by the third game, so much so imho, that I really feel that the league started planting stories about how they had to go in the media and got with the refs to hash it out because they were losing money and not following their plan.

I mean really, teams were winning that....shouldn't!!!
This is a really good observation that I overlooked. Thx.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Games aren't fixed in the sense that the outcomes are predetermined. But I do know that players and officials can be bought.
I understand your take, but either way...its corrupt, according to your post.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
tumblr_n3inza0p5T1sey9vmo1_400.gif