Is Bernie Articles Welcome Here Now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Edit: sorry, I didn't mean for this rant to come out so harsh. I'm not angry with you. It's just the system I don't agree with.

Why is it when poor people do something unethical, it's because they are "criminals" but when billionaires do it, it's "just business"?

Sorry. It's gross. Just because money talks doesn't mean the people with all the money should be given a pass when their greed is hurtful to others.

I don't care what Ann Rand says. It's gross. Greed isn't good, no matter what we were taught in the 80s....

Walmart is bad. It's bad for our country, it's bad for business owners, bad for our economy.... bad for everyone outside of walmart shareholders... just because some Walton is worth billions, I shouldn't complain about how unethical they are? That's ridiculous. Screw them. I'm not on any assistance. I pay my way... I just don't worship the dollar, nor am I impressed by anyone who does.

Also- that crap about America being the only place you can be a billionaire??? That's a myth. You can be a billionaire most places, but you pretty much have to do it with a lack of conscience. You can be a drug lord in central or south America, or in the US.(we call them pharmaceutical CEOs)
You can wage wars in Africa (just like our military industrialists do) or pretty much anything else you want. America is a place you can get filthy rich, there are lots of places like that. Not many where you can get filthy rich and keep your conscience clean though...
It all depends doesn't it?
You say become filthy rich and your conscience clean. That is a personal thing. There can certainly be a difference between doing things legally and always doing things that are ethical. Situational ethics is something many people employ in day to day life. Something that may bother your conscience may not bother another persons. So it goes.
For the individual money is a tool, nothing more. I have this conversation time to time with my folks who are classists basically. The damn rich people ruin everything....of course they have nothing to put toward their point of view except emotions. Emotions are largely useless when it comes to money and business. It is what it is.
Also, I love when people talk about shareholders like they are some shadowy, evil entity sucking on the blood of everyone else. No, these are just people who have spent an afternoon at the minimum, figuring out how things work.