I'll throw in a mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DLux27

Rookie
10 - Randy Gregory DE Neb - In this scenario Scherf is gone and there no ideal trade back scenarios, Snisher has Gregory as the highest rated player left on the board. He plays situational 3rd down role in yr 1 and gives the Rams flexibility in 2016 with Sims and Hayes FA and Longs big contract. Also gives him a year in the NFL to learn and bulk up. Crazy Talent.

*Trade back into first giving up round 2 in 2015 and 2016 to Dallas for #27 ahead on Denver*

27 - Cam Erving C FSU - Boom Plug and play center.

3rd round - Rob Havenstein OT Wisc - Competes for RT (Hopefully resign barks after draft for depth/competition for RT as well)

4th - Ben Heeney ILB KU - Depth for JL

6th - Chris Bonner QB - Small school QB 6'6" 231 - It's the 6th so why not, the rams said they are going to draft one, personally rather not early so the 6th seems like a good spot.

7th - Someone with terrible off the field problems or raw ability with a higher ceiling, that slid.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Nice effort, but I have to admit that I'd be disappointed during and post draft.

Failing a drug test during perhaps the most important interview of your life is beyond stupid. Plus, this kid really struggles to maintain his weight. I even read somewhere that Gregory showed up at one team's facility below 230 lbs recently.

Bonner is an UDFA and per nfl.com Heeney was "the college football leader in missed tackles in 2014."

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Gregory at ten ruins this entire thing for me. I'm sorry, I'd demand that Snisher be fired at once if they draft Gregory. This kid screams "bust!"

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Nice Mock.

Don't listen to the other two, they don't like anything.

DLux27

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd prefer a variety of players at 10 as well, but after thinking it through the only OL I see worth 10 is Sherff, and I don't think he lasts to 10. I don't see any viable trade back scenarios unless a team is very high on Parker or Gregory. I do think Gregory is worthy of the 10 pick and see it as a move for the future. The pot test doesn't bug me mostly cause its a non issue for me and the fact he broke the news is a good sign, he didn't let it leak, he owned up to his mistake and that shows accountability which is an attribute that is rare these days, everyone wants to blame this or that. This young man accounted for his mistake and will move forward. I see him as an Aldo Smith type DE. Also any pick after round 3, I'm grasping at straws haha.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd prefer a variety of players at 10 as well, but after thinking it through the only OL I see worth 10 is Sherff, and I don't think he lasts to 10. I don't see any viable trade back scenarios unless a team is very high on Parker or Gregory. I do think Gregory is worthy of the 10 pick and see it as a move for the future. The pot test doesn't bug me mostly cause its a non issue for me and the fact he broke the news is a good sign, he didn't let it leak, he owned up to his mistake and that shows accountability which is an attribute that is rare these days, everyone wants to blame this or that. This young man accounted for his mistake and will move forward. I see him as an Aldo Smith type DE. Also any pick after round 3, I'm grasping at straws haha.

Thing of it is, Gregory has no position for us. He's way too light to be a defensive end, and he can't diagnose plays fast enough to be a linebacker. And his drug test is a MAJOR concern. He said that he had stopped smoking pot in December. The Combine was in February. So he's either saying that he's basically so much of a pothead that a positive test would show up two months later (because chronic weed smoking might do that in some circumstances) or he's just flat out lying (more likely). If he truly "owned up to his mistake," he would've told them the truth.

Gregory is also an incredibly lazy player both on the field and in practices. Do you really think that it'll change when he gets millions of dollars at number ten overall?

ALSO, he was stupid enough to criticize the city of one of the few teams who wanted to draft him (New Orleans Saints).

So, we have a lazy, stupid lying tweener prospect, and you want to draft him at ten?

Gregory in ANY round is enough to ruin a draft completely for me.