Hunter Henry

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamGod

UDFA
As a professional wallflower this is my first post on this forum. Hopefully I dont mess this up. In my opinon our offense and most likely a new starting QB would be more potent with a #1 type Tight End. With the 9 man boxes Gurley will be facing the easiest throws on play action would be to a reliable and playmaking tight end. Henry is 6' 5" 255lbs and with an estimated speed of 4.6 40. He comes from a run dominant Arkansa Team and blocked very Well in line but what really interests me the most is his ability to get open with crisp routes over the middle. With 739yards and an average of 14 yards a catch his last season I feel he could come in and be an instant weapon for this lackluster offense. Hes rated as a late first, early second round pick. If we havent traded away our 2nd round picks for our QB in the first, I would love to pick this kid up. Also we can toss Cook on the street with all the money he stole from this team. Thoughts

fearsomefour

Legend
I wouldn't mind him in the second round. WR in the first, this TE (to replace Cook) in the second and lets go DT in the second as well.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I like him. Brett Bielema isn't my favorite coach but he has always enforced that run heavy philosophy and requires everyone to block. This includes skill position guys. Henry already shows more than Cook in that department.

This isn't an especially strong tight end class. Henry is the top guy and is projected as a mid second rounder at the moment, but I can see him getting pushed into the first or the very early parts of the second due to needs of some teams and the fact we still have pro days and the combine to go. Not sure he'll be there for the Rams if they stay at their current spots in the second.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Im a big fan and it seems to be hard to find a tight end that can block and catch the ball these days. Henry would be perfect for the rams offense.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As a professional wallflower this is my first post on this forum. Hopefully I dont mess this up. In my opinon our offense and most likely a new starting QB would be more potent with a #1 type Tight End. With the 9 man boxes Gurley will be facing the easiest throws on play action would be to a reliable and playmaking tight end. Henry is 6' 5" 255lbs and with an estimated speed of 4.6 40. He comes from a run dominant Arkansa Team and blocked very Well in line but what really interests me the most is his ability to get open with crisp routes over the middle. With 739yards and an average of 14 yards a catch his last season I feel he could come in and be an instant weapon for this lackluster offense. Hes rated as a late first, early second round pick. If we havent traded away our 2nd round picks for our QB in the first, I would love to pick this kid up. Also we can toss Cook on the street with all the money he stole from this team. Thoughts

Nice 1st post! Welcome aboard! Sound reasoning, you make a good point!
BUT!! I think Henry will end up going in the late 1st before we can get to him! At the least by Seattle!
If the Patriots had a pick in the 1st, I'd bet they would go after him!!

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2016/02/12/february-brain-dump/

Tight End
There’s some love for Arkansas’ Hunter Henry out there and I get it. He can catch, he’s a fluid runner, and he can work the intermediate-to-deep seams. If a safety lets Henry get behind him, there will be trouble.

He’s not an impact tight end as a rookie. Not at least until he addresses his work at the line of scrimmage. If there could be a visual entry for “over-extending” as a blocker, Henry could supply numerous viable options for the photo or video.

The best tight end I’ve seen thus far is Stanford’s Austin Hooper. I’m working on a RSP Boiler Room episode on Hooper. I have more to watch, but he might have a shot of making noise on the field as an NFL rookie.

The fact I’m even speculating this is a possibility is an impressive statement about Hooper, because it’s rare for rookie tight ends to perform well.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I want. Would love if we could somehow trade up and get QB and still land this guy in round 2.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams could have Lance Kendricks- Cory Harkey(UFA) & Justice Cunningham (3 deep in blocking TE's all below average ball catchers in the fold. A serious ball catching over the middle TE is missing BIG! This prospect would sure fit that HOLE.

Lets just hope that Fisher does the right thing & releases millionaire TE Jared Cook (when the accountants says it the best time to do so...yesterday would be just find for me) so we can close the book on that bad free agency ex Titan signing.

Would love to get HH in the 2nd, not sure he will be around. Last season with the Hogs he had zero drops with 51 catches.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Welcome to ROD but this belongs in the College/Draft section.
Geeze grumpy. :p What Prime means is, "Hey @RamGod - welcome aboard. Nice thread. But just so you know, we have a College/Draft section for these kinds of threads. I'll move it over for you as I'm sure you just didn't notice it. Have a great day" :D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd love to get a punishing pass catcher at TE in this draft. Even if Cook stops dropping the ball, he just doesn't have the fight I'd like to see from the position. If Henry is there in the 2nd, I'd be all kinds of excited if we grabbed him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I absolutely love Henry, he's one of my favorite players in this draft. He's not a Cook-type guy who is all athleticism with poor compete, mental, pass catching and blocking ability. Dude shows up on gameday, catches everything, and he's got that sneaky speed the best TEs have where defenders underestimate him plus he's a willing blocker which already puts him above Cook in that category. IMO he's gonna be a good pro.

As @RAMpage28 mentioned above, however, he's the best TE in a weak class which might push him into round 1 since TE is becoming a bigtime force in the best offenses now. What worries me is he's not what Fish seems to prefer, which is the ridiculous athlete types who never measure up to the ones who have the size/hands combination at the position. So my hope is he slides to our pick in round 2 even though I know that won't happen. Him and Boyd are my two preferred picks in round 2 and I'm nervous about both of them being there.

One last thing with him is he is capable of grading out as a solid round 1 guy IF he runs well. But yeah I'm right there with the OP where I'd love to see this guy in horns and I know he's a favorite on this board due to the amount of mocks I've seen him in as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and btw another TE to keep an eye on as a fit for the Rams is Vannett from Ohio St. He had a very strong Senior Bowl week and the Rams weigh heavily on that in their evaluations. Watching his tape he was never a focal point for the offense (blocked a lot and lined up as H-Back quite a bit) but the dude caught everything when they threw the ball to him so I'd presume he's one of those fallback options for the Rams if Henry's off the board.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Geeze grumpy. :p What Prime means is, "Hey @RamGod - welcome aboard. Nice thread. But just so you know, we have a College/Draft section for these kinds of threads. I'll move it over for you as I'm sure you just didn't notice it. Have a great day" :D

I did say "welcome" first and then moved it myself.

dcq17b.jpg

RamGod

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
n-RAMS-CARDINALS-628x314.jpg
Thanks for switching it over for me 503. I will be sure to post all draft inquiries on this thread next time. I really wouldnt mind any of the tight ends in this draft as long as we get rid of jared cook and give his reps to those that might contribute to the offense.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
n-RAMS-CARDINALS-628x314.jpg
Thanks for switching it over for me 503. I will be sure to post all draft inquiries on this thread next time. I really wouldnt mind any of the tight ends in this draft as long as we get rid of jared cook and give his reps to those that might contribute to the offense.
Prime did the switch. I was just messin' with him a bit.

Painful pic BTW. That play almost made me feel like a Browns fan.