How many preseason games would you prefer? (Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How many preseason games would you prefer?

Votes: 19 30.2%

Votes: 14 22.2%

Votes: 27 42.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For you guys that want less than 4:
How are you supposed to evaluate so many guys with any less than 4 games?
...and who cares how boring the preseason is? Don't watch it if you don't like it. These teams are trying to run a business.

I voted 3 for this reason. There needs to be some evaluation time.

But generally speaking the preseason feels 1 game too long.

Usually the 4th game is filled with so many depth players I'm not sure the evaluation in those games is very good.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually like the 4 games. As an avid college football fan, I enjoy watching many players who wont make it, playing on an nfl field.
What I don't like about the 4 games is that season ticket holders are forced to buy these games as ridiculous prices.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
...and who cares how boring the preseason is? Don't watch it if you don't like it. These teams are trying to run a business.

We realize it's a business but it's a business that needs as many healthy players as possible to make it through a full season. There's an entire preseason to evaluate your players. Seeing them head-to-head in two or three games should be more than enough.

Don't watch it if you don't like it.

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Ants

Starter
Eh, you get what I mean. I'm not sure anybody really likes watching preseason games. But I think when you take a step back you have to realize it's helpful in player evaluation. You can only tell so much in training camp. Some guys are just way better in game situations.
And it's not just about the younger guys. The vets need some reps, too.
I'd expand the rosters to maybe 60 players, and keep the regular season as it is.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am going in a different way....They need to return to hard practices and scrap that agreement about this issue with the Players Union. they need to HIT each other, and quit playing flag football essentially in camp. The first regular season game or two seems like preseason anymore, with how sloppy the play is. We need the 4 games for evaluation, and keep the 16 game schedule....Removing two preseason games and adding 2 regular season games isnt equal.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see the injury prevention angle. I think the injury rate is up because they limit contact in TC.
Most of the injuries aren't necessarily contact related as much as not being in football shape yet. Muscle tears etc
And just because they have 4 games, doesn't mean they have to play everyone in them

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd expand the rosters to maybe 60 players, and keep the regular season as it is.

Agreed.

They need to return to hard practices and scrap that agreement about this issue with the Players Union. they need to HIT each other, and quit playing flag football essentially in camp. The first regular season game or two seems like preseason anymore, with how sloppy the play is.

This is accurate as well.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I think I've got this covered, y'all...

Go to 2 preseason games. Remember how good we all felt when we went from 6 to 4? Well...

The argument that the preseason games are necessary is nonsense. Colleges can do it with no preseason games, for crying out loud. Besides, it would be fair since all teams would be in the same boat. Maybe a longer camp by a week or two? That should sufficiently compensate, I would think.

The season would become 18 games, but with 2 byes for each team. An exciting 20 weeks of meaningful NFL football for fans that pay the freight in the first place. What's not to like about that?

Rewrite the stupid CBA contract. Current rules hurt both player development and fan enjoyment. The players need more padded and contact practices. Maybe more intra squad scrimmages? Did I mention that the fans are paying the damned freight for this whole shebang? Let's give them more of their money's worth.

While we're at it, let's increase roster size to at least 60 players. Maybe even 63. And let's increase game day "actives" to at least 55. The current 47 limit is counterproductive. In fact, it's absurd to tie a HC's hands in such a manner. Again, it's the fans that are needlessly deprived.

The coaches are adults, and very well paid.
The players are adults, and VERY well paid.
The fans are adults and certainly deserve more of their money's worth.

So why endure these childish rules any longer?

MrMotes

Starter

I'm pretty sure most of the evaluation is done not in preseason games. It's done in practice and evaluating practice film...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't want them to change a damn thing unless the NFL works with the NFLPA and allows more player practice time to determine the roster.

Fewer games would mean more players falling through the cracks and retention of more busts and less eval time which puts pressure on teams to sign middling players to second contracts and play it safe rather than develop players.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I would prefer 3 games. First two like the 2nd and 3rd games now, and the 3rd game for the rookies to see how the roster shapes up. I don't see how they would shorten it any further.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
O.

Pre-season is garbage. It's not fun to watch bubble players against other scrubs, or the starters running a vanilla scheme. I give my PS tickets away every year.

Dont disagree from entertainment perspective,but coaches really need that time to evaluate newcomers and to get rookies ready to play
the new cba is already robbing coaches of valuable practice time.no time to develop kids like Robinson

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Dont disagree from entertainment perspective,but coaches really need that time to evaluate newcomers and to get rookies ready to play
the new cba is already robbing coaches of valuable practice time.no time to develop kids like Robinson
That's true, i agree.