How Else To Watch Rams Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rainram

Starter
I'll try to make it short...

I have to move and start fresh in terms of all things cable/tv/internet related.

I've always had Directv and the NFL package, but I am open to anything and everything.

The catch is that I work all kinds of weird days/shifts. In the past, I would record every Rams game and watch it when I could (usually the following morning). Sometimes, I would be able to watch it live, but not very often. I also like having the full array of NFL games available as well (Thursday Night, Monday Night, other teams, etc).

So I was wondering if there was a way to still get the NFL Ticket? Just Rams games? All games? I will likely need to record a lot of the games, which I guess makes it a bit tricky?

A buddy mine mentioned getting a Roku and getting Sling TV, but I'm not sure if that's a good option, or if it even offers what I want. Maybe Roku/Sling with a DVR??

Is it still my best bet to get Directv with a DVR and talk them into some freebies? I just don't like the $150/month bill.

A couple other side notes:
- I'm not interested in complicated and/or shady or illegal stuff.
- I do have a couple kids that watch their kid shows at times.

I don't know why in 2016 I can't just watch whatever I want, whenever I want...even if there's a cost associated with it.

For those of you that are techie, I'm curious what my options are...

TIA!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Pretty cool. I have NFL rewind I believe.I use it as a app on my phone.In fact I think I can watch games now from last season.(glad I just checked).

You can only watch the game later,but can listen live. It is hard to play back from your phone, but I'm sure on a computer it is a lot easier. I also use a apple hdmi adapter to watch on tv.
I think it is $100 for NFL rewind & $50 for HDMI adapter.I'm sure if that is what it is called either.
It says NFL mobil on APP.

Psycho_X

Legend
I cut the cord and am going with nfl game pass through nfl.com this year. Like above said you can't watch regular season games live but you can watch them immediately following for night games or in the case of all sunday afternoon games you can watch them the instant the last afternoon game ends... so around 8pm est/5pm pst on average. But lets you watch all nfl games the entire season just after they are over. And it gives you live radio broadcasts you can listen to if you just can't stand to wait until later to watch. Also has every single game to watch back to 2009 including super bowls if that is something you'd be interested.

It's a streaming service so will have to watch through your computer, a smart tv brand that has nfl mobile app (not samsung for some stupid reason), xbox or ps4, roku, most tablets and smart phones. I'm planning on watching it either on my xbox one or on my phone while casting it to a chromecast on my tv.

It's $99.99 for every 2016 season game.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I have kodi on amazon fire stick.download sports devil add on and get it all.
I get any movie i want to watch.3 weeks after it hits theaters.tv shows new and old.
I'm not smart enough to set the kodi on firestick so i paid a guy i knew to set it up for
like 30.00.If you have a smart tv you can skip the fire stick and just install it
in the t.v. There are all kinds of tutorials on you tube for installing .
here is what you get with the free sports devil add on.
  • Every single live sporting event that airs on a daily basis as well as all boxing, UFC, and wrestling PPV. Qualities range from 480p to 720p and a good number of links are very reliable. You will never get something as reliable as a paid add-on like SportsAccess, but from my experience Digital is the best free option.
  • Every single NFL game, including NFL Redzone. Watch NFL on Kodi all season long!
  • All English Premier League Soccer/UK Football streams in multiple qualities.
  • Most live Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey games.
https://kodi.tv/
http://koditips.com/nfl-on-kodi-sportsdevil-free/

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I have kodi on amazon fire stick.download sports devil add on and get it all.
I get any movie i want to watch.3 weeks after it hits theaters.tv shows new and old.
I'm not smart enough to set the kodi on firestick so i paid a guy i knew to set it up for
like 30.00.If you have a smart tv you can skip the fire stick and just install it
in the t.v. There are all kinds of tutorials on you tube for installing .
here is what you get with the free sports devil add on.
  • Every single live sporting event that airs on a daily basis as well as all boxing, UFC, and wrestling PPV. Qualities range from 480p to 720p and a good number of links are very reliable. You will never get something as reliable as a paid add-on like SportsAccess, but from my experience Digital is the best free option.
  • Every single NFL game, including NFL Redzone. Watch NFL on Kodi all season long!
  • All English Premier League Soccer/UK Football streams in multiple qualities.
  • Most live Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey games.
https://kodi.tv/
http://koditips.com/nfl-on-kodi-sportsdevil-free/
Love Kodi! And sports devil add on is one of the best. Will be using it to watch the Rams on HBO and the NFL after Directv said no more free stuff.:yess:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
These guys are right!! I bought a firestick for my new Samsung 4k and I followed the tutorial on YouTube; not that bad if you are patient and can follow it step by step lol.. Amazing amazing program.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
These guys are right!! I bought a firestick for my new Samsung 4k and I followed the tutorial on YouTube; not that bad if you are patient and can follow it step by step lol.. Amazing amazing program.
Definitely a great program but like you said patience is required. I'm using SALTS right now to watch movies. My daughter and I are watching The secret life of pets and my daughter can't stop laughing. :yay:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
@Rainram gonna second the suggestion of NFL Rewind. I'm in a similar situation where I work in a couple different states and I will stream the games on NFL Rewind if I'm on travel. If I want to watch it live I'll go to the sports bar or stream it on one of the shady sites. But the NFL site does have some advantages, and I'll usually rewatch all the games after the season/schedule is complete and get a very different view on things.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I may try NFL Rewind. I have Comcast after 15 years of Directv and NFL Ticket, cost reasons and internet had us switch. I have Red Zone channel and since most of the Rams Games will be afternoon games maybe will see more coverage.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love Direct TV and the Sunday ticket. Last year was the first time I was able to get a free season, and frankly don't have it in me to try again this year. In fact, I think its a fair price to pay and I don't mind paying for a service if I'm getting my money worth. That said, with my kids getting more involved in stuff, I find less and less time around the TV and am curious about this NFL rewind deal. I basically record the games and watch on delay as it is. Might be a $$ save by going that route

Question-
Does anyone know if you can access the NFL rewind thru Apple TV? I know there's an icon for the NFL network, don't know if it can be accessed there?

Last edited:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
If you chck reddit before the games or after there is always games people saved or you can watch them live.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Definitely a great program but like you said patience is required. I'm using SALTS right now to watch movies. My daughter and I are watching The secret life of pets and my daughter can't stop laughing. :yay:

Haven't heard of salt add on but I'm using tomb raider movies add on and its great! I use castaway and sports devil for sports... Saw the secret life of pets last night with friends at local movies, pretty hilarious.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Also heard good things of the add on "Pear" for watching NFL games live. I added it recently and I will update once the season starts

Rainram

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the idea of NFL Rewind, but that doesn't help me on those occasions where I am able to watch games live (the occasional Sunday, Sunday Night Games sometimes, most Thursday's)

Also, if I'm going with these alternatives...what happens comes playoff time?

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler

A55VA6

Legend
If you chck reddit before the games or after there is always games people saved or you can watch them live.
To add to this, there's a private subreddit that streams all the games live in HD, and then posts a download link to the game a few hours after the game ends.

It's invite only so if anyone is interested, message me.