Here's why Barksdale hasn't signed yet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@Prime Time this is a HOF level post that needs to go in the thread for great lines for sure!!!

'cake with the one line zinger for the win!

How many times do I have to tell you guys that everyone is allowed to post their favorite quotes in the Best Rod Quotes thread? :mad: That includes you @LesBaker so get to it. :sneaky:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Wedding? All he has to do is live through the bachelor party, show up at the altar, and say I do like most men.:p

My guess is Barksdale hasn't signed with anyone yet because he wanted more money than anyone was willing to pay and is learning that the market for his services isn't what he and his agent may have initially believed.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wish Barksdale the very best I knew the first time I was introduced to my bride of 24 years and I said to her "look" and she responded by saying..."I don't look I am looked at." At that moment I knew she was the one for me...Good luck Joe!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I like it better when you do it. It's your formatting skills. :whistle:

Nice try but laziness won't cut it even with compliments. :)
Btw Joe Barksdale - if you're reading this thread on your honeymoon(and we know you are) :sneaky: come back to ROD for another Q&A - you are missed.
In case anyone missed the previous three Joe Barksdale Q&A's here they are in order:

http://www.ramsondemand.com/forums/q-a-with-joe-barksdale.36/

http://www.ramsondemand.com/forums/the-return-of-joe-barksdale.54/

http://www.ramsondemand.com/forums/joe-barksdale-the-trilogy.65/

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Relax folks... he already has a agreement in hand with the Rams. He just wanted to keep it on the down low so that his wedding were number #1 in terms of his life partner.

Best of luck to the happy couple.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Relax folks... he already has a agreement in hand with the Rams. He just wanted to keep it on the down low so that his wedding were number #1 in terms of his life partner.

Best of luck to the happy couple.

Seems very possible seeing how he's not on the FA tour. I hope you're right.

myronjax

UDFA
I

Congrats!!!

Just celebrated 25th this past October. My wife lets me think I make decisions... Marriage can be like the Matrix that way...
To misquote Rodney Carrington: "I'm the king of my castle...when my wife let's me be" :D And thanks for the congrats!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
This explains a lot!

I hope these Weddings don't take the edge off of their games!

I will be Married 40 years this coming Wednesday ( March 18th) and I guarantee they've made their LAST decisions on their own!!
Congratulations my friend! That is no small task. Getting married myself on 5/17.

lockdnram21

Legend
Hope he he has Visits set up and a team offers him more then us. I dont want him back we can do better. were in a good position to draft a RT

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Its very hard not to really like this guy named Joe Barksdale. I hope the best for him & his new wife! Yes weddings are very time con summing & it would be a bad ideal to have your mind on your future career & your wedding at the same time.

It would appear that the Ram org. has set there price on what this ORT is worth & are sticking to it, just like that of center Tim Barnes who they let join Barksdale in trying to find out their real worth in the UFA'cy of NFL teams. Rams 2014 #7 OL'er Mike Person did rather well for himself after entering UFA'cy. Person found a team that fits his style. Person will be a starting OL'er this upcoming season in Atlanta.

Seems to me that Barksdale needs to find a team who is a #1-strong running team with a #2-quick release & #3-very mobile QB who can move away from all the free rushers that gets bye Joe so often. The team I describe above is certainly not the Rams. Barksdale is not a good fit here.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
This explains a lot!

I hope these Weddings don't take the edge off of their games!

I will be Married 40 years this coming Wednesday ( March 18th) and I guarantee they've made their LAST decisions on their own!!
Congrats on 40! Did that last year. Gotta discuss stuff, right?