Hekker Beasting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DenverRam

Starter
hekker.0.gif

scaredhekker.0.gif

A punter takes bennet and avril out of the play!

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Did our big bad punter hurt their poor little defensive linemen???

jap

Legend
Johnny: "If Isaac Bruce can achieve 14 pancake blocks in a single game, surely I can get at least one!!!"

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Love it, kind of stupid play, but love it!

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Was waiting and hoping on some back story to come out explaining why Hekker knocked Avril down but sadly doesn't seem to be the case. Looks like it was just a stupid heat of the moment thing, he got caught up in the rivalry and forgot he was just a punter I guess. Too bad since I love Hekker, but gotta call it for what it is -- a dumb cheap shot then a pussy maneuver to not take the retaliation like a man. I respect that Hekker apologized so will not hold it against him, just stupid to give idiots that rip on the Rams for being "dirty" more ammo.

fearsomefour

Legend
It was dumb but enjoyable.
Not a good look wilting like a flower when they got in his face. I am sure there is plenty of crap coming his way come film day.
Not a good look. Major punk/pussy look.
A 15 yard roughing call on our punter....only the Rams.
Fisherball.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Was waiting and hoping on some back story to come out explaining why Hekker knocked Avril down but sadly doesn't seem to be the case. Looks like it was just a stupid heat of the moment thing, he got caught up in the rivalry and forgot he was just a punter I guess. Too bad since I love Hekker, but gotta call it for what it is -- a dumb cheap shot then a wuss maneuver to not take the retaliation like a man. I respect that Hekker apologized so will not hold it against him, just stupid to give idiots that rip on the Rams for being "dirty" more ammo.

Completely agree. I love Johnny, but this was a dumb move that cost us 15 yards, and then he looked like a total puss on the next punt.

Realign

UDFA
I don't know about Avril but I know Bennet made it to the Probowl, same as Hecker. The way Bennet appears to be and the way he runs his mouth I wonder if would try and get back at Hecker in some way when both are in Hawaii. Maybe a little far-fetched, but you never really know how some of these think and may hold grudges, especially guys that play each tough twice a year.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He did damn near the exact same thing his rookie year or his second year in the league. Really really dumb play, I just don't see the point of it other than being a dickhead. I think he's the best punter in the league, no need for this kinda stuff.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
For the sake of argument, I'd like to point out that Hekker's "block" wasn't illegal. Look at his hand placement. He hit Avril on his left side, which is within the rules, and Avril fell forward because his momentum was going forward. Hekker's right hand was on Avril's arm, his left hand was on the "6" in 56, which tells me Hekker made the effort to get to Avril's side. Hekker was called for unsportsmanlike conduct (if memory serves) because, y'know, 'cuz Avril's a b!tch, and Seattle was both playing at home and behind in the game.

QUESTION: which came first, Avril and Bennett coming after Hekker, or Hekker knocking Avril over? The main reason I ask is that Bennett is in this picture as well, which kinda suggests to me that both these GIFs were on the same play, and Hekker was just sticking up for himself... in which case I say good for him!

upload_2015-12-28_13-24-10.png

RamzFanz

Damnit
Was waiting and hoping on some back story to come out explaining why Hekker knocked Avril down but sadly doesn't seem to be the case. Looks like it was just a stupid heat of the moment thing, he got caught up in the rivalry and forgot he was just a punter I guess. Too bad since I love Hekker, but gotta call it for what it is -- a dumb cheap shot then a wuss maneuver to not take the retaliation like a man. I respect that Hekker apologized so will not hold it against him, just stupid to give idiots that rip on the Rams for being "dirty" more ammo.

Wayyyyy over the top. He pushed him from the side. If it wasn't legal, which is debatable, it was inches from being legal. He sure wasn't trying to hurt anyone.

To be the best punter in the league and take a shot "like a man" would be a terrible decision. It takes balls to sit down on national TV so you live to keep winning the game. Screw pride, get the win, pride is what spins games out of control and loses games.

It looks to me like he was baiting the Hawks. He was laughing his ass off on the second play.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
One more, 'cuz I just can't help myself. If you want to know what a perfect face plant looks like, here you go. Face kissing the ground. Both arms to the side.

Avril apparently never developed that "turn your head when you fall so you don't break your nose" instinct.

upload_2015-12-28_13-54-28.png

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember this much whining from an opposing team's fanbase after a loss in many a season. :eek: And the continuing accusations of the Rams being a dirty team makes me wonder how much that's been affecting how the refs treat us.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...p-rams-punter-johnny-hekker-after-cheap-shot/

Seahawks rip Rams punter Johnny Hekker after cheap shot
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 28, 2015

492293780.jpg
Getty Images

Punters aren’t usually accused of taking cheap shots against opposing players, but that’s exactly what happened on Sunday in Seattle.

Rams punter Johnny Hekker blindsided Seahawks defensive end Cliff Avril, knocking him down after Hekker had punted and Avril had begun to turn around and go downfield. It was a dirty play that drew a 15-yard penalty.

On another punt later in the game, Hekker fell to the ground untouched to avoid getting hit by Avril and fellow Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett. After the game, Bennett said he didn’t have much respect for the way Hekker handled himself.

“He’s scared like a little girl,” Bennett said. “He’s trying to hurt Cliff. Cliff’s got a family too. He come and chips Cliff, what if Cliff blows his knee out? That’s the kind of player they’ve got on their team.”

Avril said Hekker apologized to him after the game, but Avril still wasn’t pleased with the shot Hekker took at him.

That was a stupid move by him,” Avril said. “It took some discipline, for sure, not to chase him down and do something crazy. But we still got the yards [from the penalty], so it was a positive for us, I guess.”

Hekker will likely be fined by the NFL this week, a rarity for a punter but a justifiable move by the league in this case.
-----
A Ram taking a cheap shot? Never! That’s unheard of!

Oh wait, they don’t have the reputation of being the dirtiest team in the NFL for nothing. Even the punter is getting in on it!

Coward.
---------
Thats how Jeff Fisher coaches his guys. We’ve been seeing that crap all season.
---------
No need to trash the guy, he embarrassed himself enough. Just more evidence of how dirty the Rams are
-----------
A cheap shot artist on a Jeff Fisher team?

Simply shocking…
-------
Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams are employed the the Rams. They already tore Joe Flacco’s ACL.
---------
Apparently Fisher and Williams convinced a Ravens offensive lineman to roll into his own QB’s knee.
---------
lol..the seahawks never take any cheap shots after the whistle….who is crying? tghe “big boyz”
---------
One more cheap shot and Fisher will put him out there on defense too.
--------
Uh, Avril desreves it but again, it’s the Rams. What do you expect from Fisher and Greg? Duh!
---------
That’s what happens when rules are implemented to protect these little schmucks
-------
Grouch Marx i mean Greg Williams was laughing it up.
--------
Gregg williams coaching special teams now???
--------
This is the Lambs way.
---------
But it’s definitely ok for Antonio Brown to kick a punter right in the face.
--------
Babies cry.
-------
What’s wrong Seahawks? You act like you just got embarrassed at home against the Rams on National TV or something…..*crickets

Honestly, stop the whining. Your team was handled. I’m no Rams fan, but the Seahawks were manhandled. First, Bennett says he isn’t impressed with Gurley….Well, he’s the only one. Now, crying over a punter taking a cheap shot.

Boo-hoo…. not like the Hawks don’t do it as much as anybody. Learn to lose with a bit more class than this.
--------
For all their cheap and dirty play they are still in the basement every year. Won’t root for em until Jeff Fischer and Greg Williams are sitting on their sofa’s on Sunday. Whatever team is playing the Rams, thats my 2nd favorite team of the week.
--------
Watch it again he didnt clip him or hit him low at all, hit was legal. Avril is just embarrassed…
--------
I am not sure why Seahawks are mad, they know they are playing against Jeff Fisher/Greg Williams coached team. What else do you expect from there? Both are well known cheapshot artists.
--------
Unlike the cheap shot Bennett took on Dalton this year. Quit your whining. Hey, remember that INT Wilson threw in the SB. Good times (and I’m not a Rams fan so your predictable comeback won’t work on me)
--------
Whatever. Completely meaningless.
Hawks were dominated by that defensive line and every call didn’t go there way. It was humbling.
--------
Seahawks need to stop the belly aching and get ready for the playoffs. Fix the run game and put on your Big-Boy pants ! We shouldn’t have lost to the Rams in the first place !!!
-------
This was only my 2nd gm watching the Rams and I have to say they are a bunch of cheap shot artist….they push the envelope and come real close on a number a late hits and they love to roll after a tackle….same with the QB hits….this is being taught by the DC IMO….hate to see a team out there trying to hurt the opponent…..someone needs to blow the punter up the next time he does stupid stuff like he did yesterday, the league put rules in the game to protect him and then he does something like this…..
--------
Cheap shot by team that employs Williams – 0% surprised

Michael Bennett flapping his yap, saying stupid things – 0% surprised
--------
You still got smoked by a punter.
-------
Seahags had 57 points combined scored on them in getting swept by the Rams for crying out loud. To top it off crybaby Seahag players are crying about a punter pushing them around?

If I were Bennett I would be more concerned about being outhustled on defense and watching my teammates being flat out dominated by the Ram’s defensive line.

That was a butt kicking, you get to wear it Bennett. Shut up and quit crying, you sound like a little girl.
---------
The only thing worse than Seahag player griping about a punter is Seahag fan griping about the way the Ram’s play after being flat out handled by them at home. So called 12th man crying like a little girl is hilarious.
---------
It wasn’t dirty, Hekker just PUSHED Avril on the side and he fell to the ground – it was embarrassing to Avril more than anything, it wasn’t dangerous.

Michael Bennett has proven time and time again to be an idiot – of course if 280-lb. Bennett takes a running start straight at the punter, the punter isn’t going to stand there and try to take him on head-to-head. However, that is much different, and much “dirtier”, than Hekker pushing an unsuspecting Avril on his side and causing him to fall down.
--------
Isn’t it time for all the big strong “men” here to stop acting like “little girls” and admit, football is a dirty game played by dirty players?

It will be easy to tell who did & didn’t actually play football
(Past Pop Warner). Those who did, get it. If you “played” and disagree then you sat down a lot and don’t understand the game at all.
--------
Oh my goodness, what a bunch of crybabies. First, he’s not going to blow his knee out. He just go blocked from the side, and fell down. The problem was, it was behind the play. Guys get jacked up like that by full sized football players all the time. He just got pushed by a punter.
--------
Cheap Shot? He bumped him and the fat guy fell down. Grow a pair.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Honestly, it didn't even look like Hekker was to push him over. Hekker was laughing after, I was too. Not a big deal at all. They're licking their wounds.

Debacled

Starter
For what its worth it was a love tap, watch it in real time. I've been bumped harder on the street by people who can't be bothered to look up from their phones while walking.

He was flagged because it was late. You can tell by the way he reacted that he was screwing with them, and it worked. Instead of doing something useful they were busy eyeballing him down the rest of the game.