Has Havenstein practiced at all this week?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
I know he's missed the last three days, but was wondering if anyone had info on his participation prior to Wednesday.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think so. I just read that he sat out the last few plays against SF with an achilles injury that he played through during the game. Darrell Williams stepped in for him. So he's truly questionable against Minnesota.(whereas I think Quinn and McDonald are playing)

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Ya. Sounded like Rob may be in a walking boot. Fish mentioned he was 'immobilized'

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would be very surprised to see Havenstein active. If Boudreau leaves the other OL posts the same then it will be either Darrell Williams or Andrew Donnal both rookies. Garrett Reynolds is most likely the best ORT the Rams have outside of Havenstein but he starting in Jamon Brown's original position to assist GRob. Williams is more OLT & Donnal is more ORT.

I re-watched the 9ers game paying close attention to Jamon Brown's performance @ right OG post.....(n). First let me say that Brown was very effective @ Left OG early. He seemed to be much quicker & thinks much less, another-thing is he would maintain his blocks much longer.

Now since flipping to Saffold's post @ ORG his play is just plain not good @ that right side. When you watch him he is usually the last OL'er to fire off, he lacks the intensity on pass blocking too but where the big difference is he just does not maintain his blocks & falls off quickly. ASAP! Boudreau needs to get Brown back on his natural playing LEFT side. They can pump Brown up and positive this or positive that but IMO Jamon Brown is the least effective out of the five @ ORG.

If we can recall back in the summer in what we observed & discussed in the chat-room during pre season games on OT Darrell Williams.....my summary is ...very good @ OLT. however he was very unsure & soft not effective @ Right OT:(. Having both rookies Jamon Brown & Darrell Williams starting on that Right side Sunday :eek::notsure: at best.

Last edited:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
If there's any chance that Havenstein can/will do further damage to his Achilles, they will sit him out. The team has a lot invested in the kid and it wouldn't be worth the risk of losing him long-term by playing him. Get him healthy first, then get him back out there. Next man up!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't think so. I just read that he sat out the last few plays against SF with an achilles injury that he played through during the game. Darrell Williams stepped in for him. So he's truly questionable against Minnesota.(whereas I think Quinn and McDonald are playing)
Any news on when Long will be back!?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Any news on when Long will be back!?

Only thing I know of Dave is he Did Not Participate In Practice this week or last or the week before....could be more damage there than originally thought.

On the positive side it would be hard for Chris long to match the effective all around play especially the run containment by William Hayes since Long went down. Hayes is having his best season of his career. The stout locker room leader & true professional Hayes is earning a good size pay raise either here (y)or on another team :cry:in 2016.

The 30 yr old Hayes 2015 mid seasons stats are outstanding considering he is heavily rotated plus was not a starter until Long went down. Has 9 tacks with 9 assist, 2 sacks, 2 STF's & 2 forced fumbles! Hayes usually rotates out on passing downs when Ethan Westbrook comes in. Kudos to Hayes!:yess:

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's amazing how all the national idiots were screaming "REACH REACH REACH" and now he's one of the better picks in the draft.

Let them play out before proclaiming one thing or another.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Only thing I know of Dave is he Did Not Participate In Practice this week or last or the week before....could be more damage there than originally thought.

On the positive side it would be hard for Chris long to match the effective all around play especially the run containment by William Hayes since Long went down. Hayes is having his best season of his career. The stout locker room leader & true professional Hayes is earning a good size pay raise either here (y)or on another team :cry:in 2016.

The 30 yr old Hayes 2015 mid seasons stats are outstanding considering he is heavily rotated plus was not a starter until Long went down. Has 9 tacks with 9 assist, 2 sacks, 2 STF's & 2 forced fumbles! Hayes usually rotates out on passing downs when Ethan Westbrook comes in. Kudos to Hayes!:yess:
Hayes' play combined with Long's propensity to get injured the last couple seasons could spell doom for Long's tenure with the Rams. The $$$ are going to play a factor for sure.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
(y)

Where'd you hear that, man?

d5ilaguoggb3gi1inbmwfumm1.656x833x1.jpg

Limey

Rookie
I know it means shuffling a lot of pieces around, but if Havenstein can't play I would move Reynolds to RT, Brown back to LG and bring in Cody Wichmann to play RG where I think he will be a beast for the next 10 years. When Havenstein is fit again, they can put Reynolds back to being the 6th OL unless Brown is still struggling after the move back to LG.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know it means shuffling a lot of pieces around, but if Havenstein can't play I would move Reynolds to RT, Brown back to LG and bring in Cody Wichmann to play RG where I think he will be a beast for the next 10 years. When Havenstein is fit again, they can put Reynolds back to being the 6th OL unless Brown is still struggling after the move back to LG.
I'd keep them where they are to be honest. They really need some continuity

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
IF this Havenstein injury is a long lasting rest of the year issue....then we will be forced to make the dreaded change advocated by Limey. I have been a strong advocate of making every attempt to keep the OL lineup as close to the original set up (from the last pre season game) as long as possible. That's already far out the window Boudreau has already made THREE changes. So its not like its not occurred.

First the Jamon Brown flip is in mostly "Fail Mode". JB needs to return back to that left side ASAP. If you want to argue otherwise all you need to do is watch the first half of the 9er game & it will shut you down fast. This needs to be remedy to get better play out of the rookie Brown. JB was a far better OG @ OLG!

Second IF Rob's injury is such a type that it will "hang on" nagging type with possible danger of long lasting damage then shut him down & go for the best long term OL'er. The RT post being played by two pea green rookies Darrell Williams or Andrew Donnal who have seen just about zero amount of NFL starting DE's is serious issue for Foles & our offense. Foles is already slow reading & going through his progressions if he starts looking directly into that right side ....a penetrating LDE's crashing into him as soon as he gets his large hands on the ball its over. Garrett Reynolds will need to return to his most experienced OL position @ RT & vacate the nurturing child care sitting GRob post @ OLG.

Third...Now if JB returns to his original 2015 OL post & Reynolds takes up RT that he has played since high school then the vacant post will be Saffold RG post. Simply insert Boudreau's best RG prospect. My pick is the over 6-5 320 pound rookie Cody Wichmann. Groom for the future inside the OL not outside @ OT right now. Starting & playing Right OG is not new for Cody. CW has started 50 college games on that right side, 42 of them @ RG! CW knows power blocking @ RG & was very proficient at it in college. Now's the time to step it up.

LT- Robinson 6-5 325 23-2 / Williams
LG- Brown 6-4 323 23-R
OC- Barnes 6-4 306 27-4 / Rhaney
RG- Wichmann 6-5 320 23-R / Donnal
RT- Reynolds 6-7 305 28-7 / Havenstein+

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Dammit! Quinn, McDonald and Havenstein are all out!
So we get a chance to see some of our bench today. DE 's Longacre & Westbrooks will get a lot of action (y)in backing up both our back up DE's :thinking:. Mo Alexander cameo appearance :shocked:last week @ SS will continue and the OL will undergo two post changes.....Reynolds in @ RT & rookie Donnal in @ OLG:cautious:. You may recall that Donnal out lifted his team mates Brandon Scherff & DT Louis Trinca-Pasat. Brandon Scherff was the Skins #1 draft pick overall 5th pick of the NFL draft.

Last edited: