Gurley flying in people to watch him today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Mort just stated that he WILL play today but Tre gets the start.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hold on to the ball, Gurley. Just hold on to the ball.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Flying people in? He's gotta be splitting carries today. At least 12 touches

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I'm tempted to start him as my flex today...Ameer Abdullah against Denver's D doesn't seem promising and something is telling me Gurley is going to break at least one big one today.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/27/todd-gurley-expected-to-debut-against-steelers/

Todd Gurley expected to debut against Steelers
Posted by Josh Alper on September 27, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwzlnzy5mmfhmjjhntkxzwy1zwrkndrhngfjmmuzngnh-e1443354302979.jpeg
AP

The Rams broke a bad run for running backs in the first round of the draft when they took Todd Gurley with the 10th overall pick this year and it looks like they’ll finally get a chance to see him in a game when they face the Steelers on Sunday.

According to multiple reports, the Rams plan to have Gurley in the lineup for the first time in his NFL career after listing him as questionable on Friday’s injury report. It’s the second straight week that Gurley, who tore his ACL while playing for Georgia last season, earned that designation.

He warmed up with the club before being declared inactive for last week’s game in Washington and went through a week of full practices for the second straight week, so getting a spot on the 46-man roster this week would be the expected progression.

That didn’t stop Rams coach Jeff Fisher from trying to shroud the decision in a cloak of mystery when asked about Gurley’s chances of being in the lineup, but the time for that game, like Gurley’s absence from football games, is just about up.
------------
Well, it looks like I’m gonna be too sick to go to church today. :)
-----------
As a Ram fan, I certainly hope the Rams broke a bad run for running backs in the first round, but we don’t have a shred of evidence one way or the other until Gurley actually starts playing.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Yeah, I'm not missing this one like I did last game. Gurley playing has me excited. I'm like a little kid on Christmas.

jap

Legend
Well, this is going to be a growing experience on both sides. The Gurley Express has to adjust to the increased speed, quickness, strength, tackling, and sheer savvy of NFL defenders over their collegiate counterparts. And the NFL defenders are going to be introduced to Gurley's World.

I expect limited touches today, but I am intrigued to know certain things. How good are Gurley's hands? I have seen the videos of him making the one-handed catches, of him going downfield for short/intermediate catches. Is he good enough to be a three-down NFL back? How well will his speed, quickness, vision, stiff-arming, strength, and incredible balance translate to the NFL gridirons? Will he become Nick's and the Horns receiver's best friend, sucking defenders into the box with his rushing prowess, allowing Nick to employ play action fakes to go deep with his fly guys?

I love! top rushing talent, and the Gurley Man may eventually become one of the very best!!!

fearsomefr

UDFA
Name
JP
What I want is him to find a seem and pick up 4 yards. That would go a long way to helping this O. Our running game has really consisted of Austin so far. Reverses. We don't the Gurley/Mason and the O line to turn into the 67 Packers by today, but, they need to create seems that they can find and pick up yards, 2 and 11 doom this O it seems.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I dislike like the term "his people"...Would rather hear family and friends (or something along those lines),,,"People" sounds too much like entourage, another term for hangers on and bad influences, IMO.. BTW, would really like tom see him get at least a few more than the 3-5 carries that I'm reading are likely..I know thew idea isn't really to see what he's got, but I'd like to see something any way...I'm just really anxious to see him I guess...We've been waiting for what seems like forever...I can't even imagine what the crowd does if he happens to break something nice in his few carries...The dome could explode...

Athos

Legend
I'm tempted to start him as my flex today...Ameer Abdullah against Denver's D doesn't seem promising and something is telling me Gurley is going to break at least one big one today.

I'm pretty much forced to start him as my RB2 because of Tevin Colemans rib injury.