Greg Williams Defense (Brown's Version)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's funny how just watching the Browns defense made me think of the Rams defense.....8 yard cushion by the corners...4 man front that is vulnerable to big runs when the guys up front aren't elite...the whole D rushing towards the ball. Run fast and hit hard.........

I sure hope our defense is better with Wades 3-4.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
adding to it....I hated the 8 yard cushion his corners would always give, but I though Williams did a good job for us. Plus, he brought in guys like Hayes who still cracks me up with the Mermaid beliefs and dinosaur scepticism. I'm gonna miss Hayes! lol

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I sure hope our defense is better with Wades 3-4.
It will be....I think our players had outgrown Williams defense around 3 years ago....it was good, but we had too much talent to sit back, wait for mistakes, bend but don't break...we have attackers at every level...let them dudes run...and bump...and hit.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Williams defense won more games then our offense. And it's Preseason

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
He was one of the best defensive coaches for a long time , however teams have caught on to his stuborness . He and Fisher are in the same boat , they will forever be stuck in their old school ways . I am beyond happy Williams is gone , just look at what the saints did to us last year . Sean Peyton knew what the defense was going to do and Williams never changed it ....good luck Brown's, I'm sure your young players will love being screamed at all day .

FRO

Legend
I thought Williams was a very good DC. I think it was a great hire by the Browns. It's hard to have a good defense with a putrid offense. When Williams was here the offense was below average at best and horrendous throughout most of his tenure.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought Williams was a very good DC. I think it was a great hire by the Browns. It's hard to have a good defense with a putrid offense. When Williams was here the offense was below average at best and horrendous throughout most of his tenure.
Looks like the Browns have a couple of good RB's that are massive..maybe one of them is actually a Full Back, but he put a move on a defender that faked him out. They probably have a decent Oline as well, like we DIDN'T have last year..lol

FRO

Legend
Looks like the Browns have a couple of good RB's that are massive..maybe one of them is actually a Full Back, but he put a move on a defender that faked him out. They probably have a decent Oline as well, like we DIDN'T have last year..lol
When was the last time the line was good? There was a period there in 2013 after Bradford got hurt, but outside of that you have to look at 2003.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
just look at what the saints did to us last year . Sean Peyton knew what the defense was going to do and Williams never changed it ....good luck Brown's, I'm sure your young players will love being screamed at all day .
I was thinking this was why the Browns played so well vs the Saints last night...Williams was embarrassed last time...Peyton ran it up on us because of him.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
it was frustrating always seeing such huge cushions on 3rd and short, but thats what his defense is built around and imo its a GREAT defense. He was just unfortunately stuck with an average at best offense every year so the defense was never able to be dominate. I think if our offense scored more and forced the other team to throw and score more too, it would have really helped the defense live up to its potential. Id like to say Williams will prove that to be true, but the Browns offense is still a work in progress so itll likely just be more of the same

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The biggest problem with GWs D is it is too complicated and players have to think too much. WPs D is simple for the players to learn what they are responsible for on any given play call, less thinking = playing faster.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The biggest problem with GWs D is it is too complicated and players have to think too much. WPs D is simple for the players to learn what they are responsible for on any given play call, less thinking = playing faster.
Playing fast is great, but you better have a good scheme and you better have good Technique!! Just sayin'!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
it was frustrating always seeing such huge cushions on 3rd and short, but thats what his defense is built around and imo its a GREAT defense. He was just unfortunately stuck with an average at best offense every year so the defense was never able to be dominate. I think if our offense scored more and forced the other team to throw and score more too, it would have really helped the defense live up to its potential. Id like to say Williams will prove that to be true, but the Browns offense is still a work in progress so itll likely just be more of the same

every time the offense put up points his defense let in just as many points.