Good article on Receiver prospects

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are objecting to Lynch being two years away and yet you bring up Aaron Rodgers who sat for two years. First round QBs rarely get that luxury anymore and its even more rare they get to sit and learn behind a first ballot hall of famer
I don't think Rodgers is what he is because he sat on the bench for 2 years, I think he'd be as good had he started day 1.
But I also agree with you that a #1 pick cant REQUIRE sitting on the bench for 2 years. That's just nuts
Like you brought up, Tannehill was as raw as they get and "the plan" was to sit him but due to injury, he played right away. Up to the team to get him ready

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lynch has become a polarizing figure on this board. I have loved him all season but if the reports about struggling in interviews and on the white board are true, then it is a bit concerning. If a team feels certain he can handle the NFL then he is a no brainer to take top ten. But like Dieter here says.

But I also agree with you that a #1 pick cant REQUIRE sitting on the bench for 2 years. That's just nuts

Has to be taken into consideration. Conversely if he becomes eventually is as good as Rodgers, as jrry said it wont matter. Good conversation on this thread. Funny how it is more about QBs than WRs though.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
You guys really think the QB's available at the rams pick will make an impact? I think adding a WR or a pass rusher is a lot better of an idea this year. Truly this is a bad QB class and its not worth taking a chance when we could make the defense great with another pass rusher. Also adding Treadwell or one of those WR is a must , rams have had a horrible WR core for years now and its time to start making plays thru the air . Adding a veteran wr would also help in maturing our current guys( quick, and tavon )

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You guys really think the QB's available at the rams pick will make an impact? I think adding a WR or a pass rusher is a lot better of an idea this year. Truly this is a bad QB class and its not worth taking a chance when we could make the defense great with another pass rusher. Also adding Treadwell or one of those WR is a must , rams have had a horrible WR core for years now and its time to start making plays thru the air . Adding a veteran wr would also help in maturing our current guys( quick, and tavon )

No, it's not.

Adding a WR when you don't have a QB will not ever work for me. Not even going to entertain the idea that the Rams will draft another pass rusher in the first round with the offense being as bad as it is.

You don't start making plays through the air because you added a WR when you still lack a QB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
50% of QBs in round 1 bust. You just can never tell with any of these guys. But if you do not take one your QB bust rate is 100% in round 1 and it dips the later you take one with less and less chance of finding a difference maker.

I see 3 QBs worthy of round 1. But even if the Rams only see 2, ok. Go up and get your guy, the one you believe in.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
No, it's not.

Adding a WR when you don't have a QB will not ever work for me. Not even going to entertain the idea that the Rams will draft another pass rusher in the first round with the offense being as bad as it is.

You don't start making plays through the air because you added a WR when you still lack a QB.

When you have a WR that can create separation, and run good routes(something none of the rams WR can do ) then that makes life easier on the QB and allows you to break the defense down especially when everyone will be stacking the box against Gurley. Even if we bring in a QB he will have no one to throw to and he will look like our QB's did this past season. Drafting a QB and inserting him into this offense is just asking for him to fail.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When you have a WR that can create separation, and run good routes(something none of the rams WR can do ) then that makes life easier on the QB and allows you to break the defense down especially when everyone will be stacking the box against Gurley.

Yes. It does make life easier for a QB. Yes, it can help Gurley. But there's a problem you're overlooking. If defenses don't respect your passing game, it's not going to make life easier for Gurley. And the WR's ability to create separation is severely negated by a bad QB that is inaccurate, slow with his reads, or late on his throws.

You want to help Gurley out? You want to bolster the passing game? You bring in a franchise QB. You don't draft a WR to try and make your backup caliber QBs work. Because that doesn't work. You can bring in an elite WR and he'll still make very little difference if your QB sucks. However, if you bring in an elite QB, he can still make a MASSIVE difference even if your WRs suck.

Even if we bring in a QB he will have no one to throw to and he will look like our QB's did this past season.

No, he won't because our QBs in 2015 were terrible. If this team actually brings in a good, talented QB, he'll be far better than what we saw in 2015 and we'll see a major boost to our W-L record. Something a WR won't provide.

Drafting a QB and inserting him into this offense is just asking for him to fail.

No, it's not. He'll be walking into a situation with a talented defense and running game. Isn't that exactly the situation Russell Wilson walked into in Seattle?

Hell, you might find when we bring in a legitimate QB that Tavon Austin and Kenny Britt were actually better WRs than we knew them to be.