Go KINGS!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have we ever had the first two Stanley Cup games go into OT?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Have we ever had the first two Stanley Cup games go into OT?

During the Kings run in 2012 the first two games went to OT. Kopitar scored on the break away game 1 and Carter scored after taking it into the slot from a wheel around game 2. Both games ended 2-1 in OT.

I believe last year both of the first 2 games went to OT as well.

However LA is the first team to go up 2-0 without ever leading.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Great games indeed. I don't like the results of course but damn good hockey! I guess I don't understand the goalie interference rule though.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Great games indeed. I don't like the results of course but damn good hockey! I guess I don't understand the goalie interference rule though.

Essentially the goalie has a right to his crease (the blue paint), and if you get in the way of him making a save a goal shouldn't count. If you intentionally run a goalie (as in you can stop and don't) then you get a penalty. If you bump him while you're fighting for position with a defender, then any goal that was scored (if the goalie was blocked from making a save) wouldn't count.

However it's not a reviewable play as it's a penalty, meaning that if a goal is scored it has to be waved off right away by the ref. If the ref says it's a goal, even if they go and look at it after, unless there is another factor (as in a high stick) the goal counts. It's a bit of an outdated rule really, and has been needed to be changed for a while now.

The goal in question, I don't think it was a good goal. However there are some things about it, the ref said that the puck passed him before the interference by Dwight King (LA forward), and it is very close. There's also the problem where the Rangers defender crosschecks King and while they're fighting his leg sweeps King's leg. However if I'm a ref I probably don't call it a goal.

Still though, the Rangers shouldn't try to blame that goal on their loss, they gave up a 2 goal lead three times, and had 17 minutes to shut down LA and score one more to finish them off. LA earned the win.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
When your back is against the wall, you need a little puck luck. More to come I hope!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nah - the Kings just wanted to finish up in front of the home town fans like last time.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jesus, ended up in a Nor Cal bar tonight and what a bunch of bandwagon Kings fans. I bet 99% of them never watched an NHL hockey game before this post season started. :)

bluecoconuts

Legend
If LA continues to play like that they have a good chance. A loss in game 5 will really make it a series though! LA doesn't like to make it easy on themselves.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If LA continues to play like that they have a good chance. A loss in game 5 will really make it a series though! LA doesn't like to make it easy on themselves.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Crazy series and nothing will surprise me now. If the Rangers can get it back home for Game 6, anything goes. I hope they do, not only because I'm a Rangers fan, but also because I'm just not ready for it to be over yet.

SierraRam

Recreational User
KINGS of Hockey!!!!!!!

upload_2014-6-13_21-52-49.jpeg

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
HISTORY BABY, HISTORY! GO KINGS GO! GO KINGS GO!

I was just going to start a thread asking where the heck you've been. I knew you were a big fan like I am. Hadn't seen you post much on the Ram talk threads.

Just awesome. Not to mention they almost made it last year.

Dynasty my friend, dynasty. Freaking awesome.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Best 5 game series I've ever seen. Well, actually, we saw one period short of 7 games worth. How much iron did they draw before they settled it? Damn!

SierraRam

Recreational User
Best 5 game series I've ever seen. Well, actually, we saw one period short of 7 games worth. How much iron did they draw before they settled it? Damn!

Every game (except 3) could have gone either way. Your Rangers showed a lot of heart & you have the best goalie on the planet.