GDT: Rams at Packers 4:30pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hobgoblin

Rookie
Rodgers is big brain. Our defense wasn’t going to fool him with Donald playing injured. Our offense isn’t strong enough to win from a defect.

While Goff wasn’t an issue this time, I still can’t help but think if they move on from him that they will do better. His contract is what makes me hard on him. He’s getting paid and not playing up. Even before the injury. You have to keep him one more year so hopefully something changes.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Goff played a good game. Some of y'all are just ridiculous with your expectations. We have an OL that can't hold up in a deep passing game and no deep threats at WR. Give Goff protection and a deep threat, and we won't be dinking and dunking so much.
That's what I was thinking. People don't realize how good Rogers OL and targets are. Goff is no Rogers but if Goff was on the other side he'd win too.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rodgers is big brain. Our defense wasn’t going to fool him with Donald playing injured. Our offense isn’t strong enough to win from a defect.

While Goff wasn’t an issue this time, I still can’t help but think if they move on from him that they will do better. His contract is what makes me hard on him. He’s getting paid and not playing up. Even before the injury. You have to keep him one more year so hopefully something changes.
He played very well, they need to strengthen that OL. Look what it does for Rodgers.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe so but what I saw with Wolford at qb shows how much McVay could open up his offense with a qb that could threaten the defense with his legs and make plays happen off schedule.
He can run, but how much of it can he do without getting hurt? He only lasted 5 quarters this year.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Goff played a good game. Some of y'all are just ridiculous with your expectations. We have an OL that can't hold up in a deep passing game and no deep threats at WR. Give Goff protection and a deep threat, and we won't be dinking and dunking so much.
I didn't say I had low expectations. Playoffs roll around and it's time for the key players to step up. It's very hard to win the whole thing with average to below average QB play. He had a bunch of completions, but the ball placement was off that led to zero YAC ability on most of them. 1 TD throw ain't going to get it done unless we have the 85 Bears D.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Well, I hope we target the OL and I still think we need another talented WR. Wood and Kupp are great but they aren't real HR hitters.
I think we have a great nucleus so just a couple tweaks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't say I had low expectations. Playoffs roll around and it's time for the key players to step up. It's very hard to win the whole thing with average to below average QB play. He had a bunch of completions, but the ball placement was off that led to zero YAC ability on most of them. 1 TD throw ain't going to get it done unless we have the 85 Bears D.

Bullshit. Goff's placement was fine today despite playing with his thumb. Goff's play was fine today. And I'm not accusing you of having low expectations. I'm accusing you of having unrealistically high expectations. Goff isn't a magician. He can't block for himself. And he can't get open deep for himself. He did his job today. The defense let the Packers dominate the TOP, and our offensive limitations have been plain to see all year long.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since you haha'd my post how many deep shots did you see today as opposed to when Wolford was playing? Merely a coincidence? If you can't see our offense is limited with a pure pocket passer with the current state of our OL idk how
Which is why I said in my original post I would sell my soul for Deshaun Watson.

I don't think we have the capital for Watson. But if he's a possibility, you explore it. I love Jared, but Watson is the better player, easily.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Oh, I think the Donald injury was entirely the cause. Theres no way they run it up the middle the way they did with 99 on the field. I dont blame AD for it, but Staley never adjusted to needing an extra body to compensate.

Yeah he did... he went to five man fronts, but the GB OL is just big. We haven’t had road graders since Jon Robinson was our HC.

The 5 man front put WAY TOO MUCH pressure on Reeder and Young and the GB OL had their way.

AD is literally so good that him on a four man front is better than a decent five man front.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry but horse shit. Goff was good today and missing his favorite receiver also our starting LG was out and a traffic cone at center against a good D. Build up the OLine try to get Kupp healthy for a full year and add a deep threat at WR.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their offense > our defense. Didn't help that Donald was clearly less than 100% but i think its pretty obvious after today that we need to upgrade our O line.
We say that every year, but the help doesn't come. Hopefully this year they pull their heads out and get it done.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The field got smaller and smaller after the first drive for Goff. He doesn't threaten the field like a great QB. Then you add his pocket presence and he's easy to defend. He's tough and can be very good, but I don't see a SB winning QB.
We're going to find out how much Sean likes him this off season.

The GB pass rush was ALL BULLRUSH. If we can’t anchor, we need a mobile QB. It’s that simple. So, it’s fix the OL or replace the QB

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Bullshit. Goff's placement was fine today despite playing with his thumb. Goff's play was fine today. And I'm not accusing you of having low expectations. I'm accusing you of having unrealistically high expectations. Goff isn't a magician. He can't block for himself. And he can't get open deep for himself. He did his job today. The defense let the Packers dominate the TOP, and our offensive limitations have been plain to see all year long.

D got beaten a lot today, but that's what Aaron Rodgers does. The Rams were going to have to put up 30 to have a chance. You can't be that bad on third down and win against a team like that. I don't question his desire, prep or toughness, I just want more play making ability at that position. As long as he's playing I hope he shreds, but I don't see a great QB.

Rams77

Starter
Yeah Ive been a huge Goff critic as of late but today he played damn good. He just needs more time in the pocket to attack the deeper parts of the field. His ball placement was great today. He was 18/20 at one point. I really think uptempo is where he shines. I dont know why McVay or Goff went away from it in the 4th when we were down by a TD. I was proud of Goff and how he played today. Broken Thumb/surgery/cold weather/gloves/negative press-he looked like the Jared of old.

jap

Legend
Aaron's injury which limited his effectiveness and the loss of Cooper & Edwards was huge. I'm proud of our guys overall. Cam & Van will be a very tough sophomore act. We can still use a wideout who can stretch the field vertically. Boom has to improve his run blocking significantly to be a complete NFL tackle.