FRO mock 2.0 Madden/Chip Kelly Style

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
New Owner:
FRO becomes a trillionaire and buys the Rams

Analysis-
The is the best thing to happen in the history of the world.

Fire:
- Jeff Fisher

Analysis- Fisher has had 4 years to build a winner. He hasn't. Time to move on. We are keeping the defensive staff, but the offensive staff is gone.

Hire:
- Hue Jackson HC
- Al Saunders OC
- Jim Schwartz DC
- John Fassel SC

Analysis-
Hue Jackson has NFL head coaching experience. He took a horrible Raiders team and led them to an 8-8 season in 2011. He has done a great job in Cincinnati with their offense. He helped develop Joe Flacco in Baltimore, so he has experience with developing young QBs. I have no clue who his OC will be, but Saunders was his guy in Oakland. Schwartz is a great replacement for Williams since they run a similar scheme. Fassel is too good to let go.

Cut:
Nick Foles QB
Kenny Britt WR
Jared Cook TE
Chris Long DE

Analysis- It's time for all three to go. All performance based except Long. We can't afford him and he wants to win.

Trade:
Janoris Jenkins CB to Chicago for Alshon Jeffrey WR

Analysis-
This trade has many moving parts. Both are pending free agents, but both can be franchised. Long term deals would have to be worked out with both teams and players. Also this trade is contingent on the health of EJ Gaines and Kevin White. With all those conditions working out, the trigger is reluctantly pulled by both sides. Jenkins has developed into a top tier shutdown CB. The Bears need secondary help and they feel that White can be a number 1 receiver for them and they like their chances to add solid WRs in the draft and free agency. With Gaines, Johnson, Joyner, and Roberson we have a very good CB group. We desperately need to score points and Jeffrey is one of the best young WRs in the game. After drafting Bradford high and surrounding him with crap for 4 years, we have to surround our young QB with great talent like the Raiders have with Carr and like the. Bengals have with Dalton.

View: http://youtu.be/T7g6tKLPZww

Trade:
2016 6th round pick and 2017 7th round pick to Cleveland for Josh McCown

Analysis-
Josh McCown will be 37 next year. He sucked in 2014 for the Buccaneers. Why trade for him? Well he has posted good numbers this year. His numbers over his last 16 games aren't eye popping, but they have been solid. I want a solid veteran QB capable of starting. McCown had a good showing for us and has nice arm talent. Plus his best year was with Alshon Jeffrey at WR.

Resign:
Corey Harkey TE
Tim Barnes C
William Hayes DE
Nick Fairly DT
Daren Bates LB
Trumaine Johnson CB
Rodney McLeod FS
Greg Zuerline K

Analysis:
Trying to keep the defense in tact and keep our young players we developed on the team.

Notable players left to walk:
Brian Quick WR- Didn't produce to levels needed. Has a hard time learning new offenses. Time to go.

Eugene Simms DE- Simms is a great backup DEs, but I like what I've seen from the cheaper Westbrooks and Longacre so I'm allowing him to walk.

Mark Barron LB/SS- I love how he has played this year. I believe Mo Alexander can fill the role for cheaper though.

Sign:
Marvin Jones WR Cincinnati- Has done a solid job being the #2 WR in Hue Jackson's system. Would fill the same role. If he wants too much money then Mohamed Sanu can be signed to fill the role. If he wants too much money then they can both stick it and I'll find my guy in the draft.

View: http://youtu.be/suYs3FNa_o0

Trade:
Picks 11, 41, and Tre Mason to Dallas for pick 4

Analysis- Dallas is a good team who had poor backup QB play. They aren't ready to draft Romo's replacement yet and are trying to have a quick rebound. Adding a high second round pick helps. Also adding Mason who is a quality starting caliber RB when healthy gives them what they want. I'm confident that Cunningham is a good #2 back going forward and I want Gurley to be the feature back. I also need to leapfrog the 49ers to get my QB.

Draft:
1- Jared Goff California QB- Outstanding arm talent. Tremendous accuracy, great zip on his passes, displays touch when needed, can make every throw. Has great pocket awareness and movement. Really rare to see out of a college QB. Has all the tools to be a top of the line franchise QB.

View: http://youtu.be/2TcwdHWD3YU

2- Emmanuel Ogbah DE Oklahoma State- My LDE of the future. I like his size and athleticism. Feel he can be a nice long term replacement for Long.

View: http://youtu.be/wjqwrJy16RE

3- Max Tuerk C USC- I really like the burst and ability to get down field. I really like what I've seen from him.

4- Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington- Developmental WR with a very high ceiling. Dynamic playmaker. Insane production.

View: http://youtu.be/eBi_F-VFNrM

QB- McCown/Goff/Mannion
RB- Gurley
FB- Harkey
XWR-Jeffrey
YWR- Jones
Slot WR- Austin
TE- Kendricks
LT- Robinson
LG- Brown
C- Barnes/Tuerk
RG- Saffold
RT- Havenstien

DE- Quinn
DT- Brockers
DT- Donald
DE- Hayes/Ogbah
OLB- Ogletree
MLB- Laurinaitis
OLB- Ayers
CB- Gaines
CB- Johnson
SCB- Joyner
SS- McDonald
FS- McLeod

K- Zuerline
P- Hekker

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wild scenario. But I'd be happy with it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I love the Jenkins/Jeffery swap, can we do it tomorrow ?
Like the mock, but still feel the 4'th overall isn't high enough to land Goff. jmo.

Athos

Legend
Crazy stuff.

I like it. But I'd be very worried about quality TE depth. Only having LK and Harkey who's never started is a bit worrisome. We'd need a Long replacement, but a rookie like Goff anyway, not sure we'd make a very deep playoff run. I'd rather just try and finish out the O as much as possible. Bring in Henry if he's still there.

I love the Jenkins/Jeffery swap, can we do it tomorrow ?
Like the mock, but still feel the 4'th overall isn't high enough to land Goff. jmo.

Maybe. But look at it this way...

I see two top 10 CB talents in Ramsey and Hargreaves this year. You have a stud RB in Elliot by his own mouth coming out. Many teams are going to be needing a stud RB. Gurley is proving this year that drafting a RB high, if it's the right RB, can pay dividends. Imagine how shitty our O would be without him.

You have two RB talents in Elliot and Henry and a bunch of.....guys.

Titans need a RB.
Cowboys prolly need a RB.
Bunch of teams with CB needs.

We honestly just need the Whiners to win more games. Browns too.

#3 overall may be necessary to get Goff or Lynch. But there's a chance. But yea. Def need the Whiners and BrownTurds to win games.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Crazy stuff.

I like it. But I'd be very worried about quality TE depth. Only having LK and Harkey who's never started is a bit worrisome. We'd need a Long replacement, but a rookie like Goff anyway, not sure we'd make a very deep playoff run. I'd rather just try and finish out the O as much as possible. Bring in Henry if he's still there.

Maybe. But look at it this way...

I see two top 10 CB talents in Ramsey and Hargreaves this year. You have a stud RB in Elliot by his own mouth coming out. Many teams are going to be needing a stud RB. Gurley is proving this year that drafting a RB high, if it's the right RB, can pay dividends. Imagine how crappy our O would be without him.

You have two RB talents in Elliot and Henry and a bunch of.....guys.

Titans need a RB.
Cowboys prolly need a RB.
Bunch of teams with CB needs.

We honestly just need the Whiners to win more games. Browns too.

#3 overall may be necessary to get Goff or Lynch. But there's a chance. But yea. Def need the Whiners and BrownTurds to win games.
TE depth was a worry to me, but I'm thinking we can add a cheap veteran in June. Do not want to overspend on a guy.