Four reasons the Rams should sign Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Four reasons the Los Angeles Rams should sign Johnny Manziel

April 11, 2016 by Christian Weiland

The man, the myth, the legend: Johnny Manziel. Basically every sports fan with a pulse has a good idea of who Johnny “Football” is, and understands his reputation. While Manziel is a superb talent on the football field, he is quite the liability off of the field. The Los Angeles Rams are in serious need of a franchise quarterback, or at least some depth at the position. The Cleveland Browns recently parted ways with Manziel due to his off the field antics, and ended a relationship that never felt right from the start. According to ESPN’s Ed Werder back in February the Rams have expressed interest in the high octane quarterback that is Johnny Manziel. Here are four reasons that the Rams should roll the dice and sign Manziel.

Potential Franchise Quarterback
USATSI_9020145-1-192x320.jpg

While at Texas A&M, Johnny Manziel was the big man on campus. He was a leader and the center of attention. In Cleveland, he was the exact opposite. If the Los Angeles Rams were to give Manziel the keys to car and let him run the offense, he might just surprise some people. A lot of people speculated that in Cleveland Manziel was unfairly targeted by the coaching staff, and didn’t feel he contributed much to the team. If he was to be given a key role in the offense it might bring out the Johnny Football from A&M, and not the thrill seeking party guy he’s been lately.

A Perfect Fit
Johnny Manziel is constantly seen in Los Angeles shopping and roaming the city. He seems to love the lifestyle out there, and it is a total opposite from Cleveland, Ohio. Manziel was recently quoted saying that Todd Gurley is a beast after leaving a club I think those two could do some real damage in this league. Manziel could be a great fit in the Rams offense and finally give the organization some good production at that position.

Upside Potential
It seems that many people have forgotten the raw talent Manziel possesses. He is an undersized quarterback but is a born leader and as elusive as they come. He finds away to create outside of the pocket and keep plays alive. His former employee Josh McCown has made remarks that Manziel can play in the NFL if he loves the game enough. The potential upside with Manziel is a huge reason the Rams should roll the dice on him. The last five seasons have been dismal, and the risk of singing Manziel is well warranted.

A Want to be in LA
It was very clear to see that Johnny Manziel simply did not want to be in Cleveland. After the rumors of him going to Las Vegas under the alias of “Billy”, it wasn’t hard to tell that Manziel wanted out of Cleveland as soon as possible. It is also clear to see that Manziel loves the scene in Los Angeles. Now, some might think that by having Manziel out there in LA he would increase his party habits, but that might just be speculation. It has been proven that if Manziel is in a place where he is comfortable, he translates that into positive play on the football field. Will the Rams roll the dice on Manziel? I think they should.

For the record I think the guy is a train wreck but he could be had for almost nothing. He probably won't get his shit together but Fisher has a good history of helping troubled players get there careers back on track. If he fucks up he knows this is his last chance and the rams just cut him. Its a really low risk signing. I would rather the rams trade up and get there QB of the future but who knows if that is possible or not. Apparently the guy is living on couches all over the country put his ass on Fishers couch and straighten his ass up.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I advocated for the kid for quite a while here - but even I am ready to turn the page.

Even if you could sign him cheap - and you could - he would take practice snaps away from someone - and I don't want to waste those snaps - we need them to develop our real QB of the future.

Johnny may turn it around - but it sure doesn't look like it at this point. He just doesn't seem to be taking it seriously - and by this point, he probably would if he was going to.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
One reason not to sign Johnny Manziel.
1. He's Johnny Manziel

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Manziel in the LA environment is destine for failure.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Manziel in the LA environment is destine for failure.

Manziel being anywhere means failure.

He isn't capable of changing his ways, he's a fuck up and that's what fuck ups do, they fuck things up LOL.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
The man, the myth, the legend: Johnny Manziel

....One out of 3 ain't bad.

The Los Angeles Rams are in serious need of a franchise quarterback, or at least some depth at the position
...At least some depth? Oh yeah. "Depth" at quarterback, with a distracting party boy, behind Keenum, Foles, Mannion. We are on our way now!!:thinking:
If the Los Angeles Rams were to give Manziel the keys to car and let him run the offense
...keys to the car? The Rams would be wiser to call Uber, than to give this jack-wad the keys to the car.

Nice article. Compelling and rich.
great.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He's drunk right now.

(It doesn't matter what time you read this. This statement is probably true)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lolz. Anyone still considering this wastoid should watch his TMZ interview posted on here. Dude is guano....no thanks.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hmmmmmm....
I actually like the way Johnnie plays....but he loves the nightlife...can't see him surviving out here...Too much temptation.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
2 year, incentive laden contract. I'd rather have him than Foles on the roster, and if he chooses to wreck his career for good, … cut him at no real loss. He'd certainly bring some excitement to the new L.A. Football scene, even if only temporarily.
He will sell tickets. jmo.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1 - they are stupid beyond belief
2 - they don't care about winning
3 - they think they're smarter than anyone else
4 - Johnny party boy loves to be in lala land.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just fuck NO

Who is so desperate that they publish that garbage

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The author probably was drunk at a bar, sitting next to Johnny Manzeil when he was writing this.There is no other explanation for this stupidity.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I couldn't possibly even consider having this asshole on a roster I controlled...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I say this in all seriousness, he needs help. I won't joke about the young man in freefall. I've lived with addiction and it's just difficult to find humor in it.

Johnny Manziel isn't capable of being a ballboy let alone an NFL QB until he's prepared to fully embrace sobriety and humbly acknowledge his addiction.

Until he does this, ANY talk of Johnny doing anything beyond being a spectator of an NFL game is beyond premature.