Finnegan is killing us

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm waiting on him to intercept it and run it back in the wrong endzone for a safety.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wouldn't want to be in his shoes. Fitzgerald is a top 3 receiver.

Like I said though. Just means we'll have to win in dramatic fashion instead of running away with it.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I understand getting beat by Fitz, the two personal fouls are two too many.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
El Juggernauto said:
I understand getting beat by Fitz, the two personal fouls are two too many.
I know.

And he knows.

And Fisher ate half his ass, so now he REALLY knows.

He'll have the game-winning int before this game is over. :yeh:

fearsomefour

Legend
Finnegan was amatuer hour today. Two personal fouls and should have probably gotten a third one on the fumble recovery by Long. His act is all fun and games until you have 30 yards in penalties and got beat for a TD. Garbage game by Courtland.

bluecoconuts

Legend
He's a professional, and a leader. I expect him to have a good game next week. Which is good because he'll need it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Finnegan got a dose of humble pie today.

He was not very good. I'm not sure if it's rust from a casual preseason or what?

He'll bounce back, but man that was difficult to watch.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Not only did he have the penalties and get beat a handful of times, but the cardinals rbs ran him over a few times too, lol.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Finnegan has always struggled against fitz. His issue is he plays on emotions and that can be great or horrible as seen today

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I hope he got it all out of his system because he stunk it up all day long. I hope that means he had a monster game in ATL. If not, he will be able to hear me yelling at his arse by halftime!

fearsomefour

Legend
Rabid Ram said:
Finnegan has always struggled against fitz. His issue is he plays on emotions and that can be great or horrible as seen today

You bring up a good point. Different style guys can create tough match ups. Fitz is not all that fast but he is so big and physical he can sort of beat Finnegan at his own game. He can get an angle and just own that space.
I dont like a guy that plays that close to out of control all the time....that said, I love our CBs. If thats the worst it gets for Courtland this year we are in good shape.

iced

not every player has a good day, some have rough ones..

like jared cook was a monster...chris givens wasn't around a whole lot, nor was quick (outside the 1 catch)

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Finnegan had a terrible coverage and penalty game as we can all agree. He tends to play poorly against big, physical WRs. Despite that, he did have 7 tackles (tied for most on the team). Possibly because his man got the ball so much though. He won us the Redskins game last year with his aggressive behavior. He just needs to be set on the right match ups.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ramrasta said:
Finnegan had a terrible coverage and penalty game as we can all agree. He tends to play poorly against big, physical WRs. Despite that, he did have 7 tackles (tied for most on the team). Possibly because his man got the ball so much though. He won us the Redskins game last year with his aggressive behavior. He just needs to be set on the right match ups.

Sometimes you just gotta bust somebody in the mouth in this game ,,, I know you can relate. :twisted:

Penalties are sometimes worth the "fine" ...

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't know why people expect Finnegan to bounce back next week. He's been horrible now for a while going back to last year. He started off strong last year and then really faded. He's lost a step. He's not what he used to be and now most of what we're left with are his stupid personal fouls.

And just to be fair, Jenkins sucked today as well. With all due respect to CoachO and all the others that kept referring to him as "bpot"...NO, he's not. He gets burned A LOT. QB's are seeing how soft he plays and how small he is and they're keying in on him.

Needless to say, I REALLY don't like our secondary. They are way overrated.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Listen ... We are not going to have to face a WR like Fitz again until our next game with the deadbirds. There will be some good ones,,, but he is special.

Assignment #! COMPLETE

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
Ramrasta said:

Sometimes you just gotta bust somebody in the mouth in this game ,,, I know you can relate. :twisted:

Penalties are sometimes worth the "fine" ...
Listen to your old man, T-Rex.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
V3 said:
I don't know why people expect Finnegan to bounce back next week. He's been horrible now for a while going back to last year. He started off strong last year and then really faded. He's lost a step. He's not what he used to be and now most of what we're left with are his stupid personal fouls.

And just to be fair, Jenkins sucked today as well. With all due respect to CoachO and all the others that kept referring to him as "bpot"...NO, he's not. He gets burned A LOT. QB's are seeing how soft he plays and how small he is and they're keying in on him.

I thought Finnegan was bad... But Jenkins was pretty good.

I'm not all that worried about our CB's barring injury.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Lesson

Oh, really?
V3 said:

From what I could see, Jenkins wasn't really getting burnt. Jenkins saved a TD against Fitzgerald.
Finnegan didn't have a great game, but I don't think he played poorly.

Going on about Finnegan, the penalties are something that I think we have to accept with his play. Sometimes his play will lead to a huge penalty against the opposition-i.e: vs the Redskins last year- or the opponents won't retaliate and Finnegan will be penalized for his actions-i.e: today.

Also, very impressed with McLeod.