Fearsome Fivesome and sack record?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The game has changed too much since the '80s when the Bears set the record ('85 team?). Offenses have adjusted to the high pressure DLs with quick passes and checkdowns, not to mention that teams are spending a lot more on the OLs to protect their QBs. That's what happened to start out last year, opposing Os making quick passes to avoid the #SackCity highlight reel.

Regardless, if the Rams D forces the other team into quick passes and checkdowns (which will continue) AND the Rams do a good job of defending these short routes and tackling the receivers, then mission accomplished. When defending a 3rd and 8, I'm just as happy with a 3 yard WR screen as I am with a sack.

And that's the LB's, who did play better late than early last year. But the FO has to make a move with that group for the D to be on par with the rest of the division, in otherwords top 5ish.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If someone's gonna break the sack record, they're gonna have to have leads that force other teams to throw. Is our offense good enough for that? I can see passing 50 again. Maybe even 60. But without an offense to build leads, I can't see 70 or 80.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We need to play bump and run or teams will eat us up with quick short passes to negate the rush like some did last year.
INT's will be a huge number then.
This defense is just getting started.
Just look how young and ascending the DB's are.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And that's the LB's, who did play better late than early last year. But the FO has to make a move with that group for the D to be on par with the rest of the division, in otherwords top 5ish.
Yeah look back at the start of 2014.

Walton sure was looking good as a D/C to me .The Rams played more of a base defense & still got to the QB.
JJ was pretty bad one on one with his huge cushion.The Rans gave up to many big plays last season,but what would there numbers have been 2nd half of 2014 ?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
If someone's gonna break the sack record, they're gonna have to have leads that force other teams to throw. Is our offense good enough for that? I can see passing 50 again. Maybe even 60. But without an offense to build leads, I can't see 70 or 80.
So not true. Just last madden season I had 89 sacks. Obviously that means everything.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fearsome Foursome still Lives with The Rams defense.You look at the RG 111 trade & it all comes together.

CSULB would still have a football program & stadium if they didn't kill there HOF head coach.

Athos

Legend
The game has changed too much since the '80s when the Bears set the record ('85 team?). Offenses have adjusted to the high pressure DLs with quick passes and checkdowns, not to mention that teams are spending a lot more on the OLs to protect their QBs. That's what happened to start out last year, opposing Os making quick passes to avoid the #SackCity highlight reel

I had it has more to do with REFS not calling blatant holds, but this holds true as well. Plus GoodHELL making it so a love tap is roughing the passer.

SierraRam

Recreational User
We need to play bump and run or teams will eat us up with quick short passes to negate the rush like some did last year.

upload_2015-3-28_12-59-15.jpeg

RamzFanz

Damnit
Substitute the words 'fearsome fivesome' for 'sack city' and its 2014 all over again. And we all know how that started out.

You know, I always thought that was just new system blues and missing Long. I REALLY don't see a slow start for the D this season. It's only gotten better.

If the rams have a shot at the sack record, and i think they do, THIS is the perfect storm.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Fearsome Foursome still Lives with The Rams defense.You look at the RG 111 trade & it all comes together.

CSULB would still have a football program & stadium if they didn't kill there HOF head coach.

I'm not sure I understand this at all..Somebody killed George Allen and the trade somehow connects to the old Ram defense ?? Maybe I'm and idiot or missed something here...Maybe the Dline is similar but they were different times, and what the hell is the coach reference ???

bluecoconuts

Legend
I hate talking about breaking records in March. However I do think the rotation will be very difficult for teams to contain, especially if the team has a lead.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We need another pass rusher like Fowler or one of the other two. Whichever can can rush better at the RE position to spell Long.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
We need another pass rusher like Fowler or one of the other two. Whichever can can rush better at the RE position to spell Long.

Isn't Quinn the RE and Long the LE? Semantics I know. Agree though we need some depth there, not sure Westbrooks can do it, but not sure we need to invest in one just yet.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Purple People Eaters, Fearsome Foursome, Steel Curtain, The Great wall of Dallas. You know how they all got those badass nicknames? They went out and earned through elite play. Especially after last year with Sack City, not gonna lie no sack city was embarrassing. I say we temper expectations and see how our great DL plays before we award them a fitting name. Just my 2 cents.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ever the optimist I see 9 games we could get 6 in without considering either Seattle game,which means 7 to average less than three

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not sure I understand this at all..Somebody killed George Allen and the trade somehow connects to the old Ram defense ?? Maybe I'm and idiot or missed something here...Maybe the Dline is similar but they were different times, and what the hell is the coach reference ???

I guess I"ll keep leading you on.It is interesting The NFL(Rams) history in the LBC.
Terrell's Davis was a Red Shirt for George Allen.I guess if you watch NFL Lifes(story) on The Fearsome Foursome you would really know why.
I'm not real good at explaining myself(vortex ).George had a son & a daughter.The daughter named her first son Roman.Roman was a QB for George(believe ?)I just know when he was dying,his wife said George had a real good draft class coming in.
The CSULB program would have taken off.I know FOOTBALL Fans were starved for a winner.The fact is the money that for Pyramid on The Campus would have been a football stadium & college football & sports would be a heck of a lot different today.
George Allen would have created another legacy.A truly Great(person)Coach.
BTW-- clues
His daughter narrated the the show.Her 2nd kid was named Deacon.That was because her brother said she would have been disowned from the family if she didn't.
Her brother used to get his body taped & put in the bottom laundry cart at the end of practice.--
The trade is why--- Ram history full circle...Bruce

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fisher had all the players from The trade come out as Team Captains at Washington this past season.