Examining where James Laurinaitis fits in Rams' 2016 plans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a feeling that Lauinaitis is the kind of player who, once he's gone, you realize how much more he brought to the game than you thought.

I see no reason to to anything this season... but I agree with those that say they need to bring in his eventual replacement this year.

I don't think Ogletree has enough mass to play MLB.

A55VA6

Legend
This is not the year to send JL packing. We would need to see someone step up to that roll first. Maybe Hager has some potential? We may see the Rams go that direction early in the draft or we may see them hold pat with JL looking to restructure in '17. IMO going forward WITHOUT JL would indicate an unwise Rams management. What are you going to get for his $6 million roster spot?
Completely agree.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need to try to upgrade that position eventually, but I agree that now is not that time. Maybe JL will look better with Tree beside him.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I have a feeling that Lauinaitis is the kind of player who, once he's gone, you realize how much more he brought to the game than you thought.

I see no reason to to anything this season... but I agree with those that say they need to bring in his eventual replacement this year.

I don't think Ogletree has enough mass to play MLB.

I don't think mass is the problem. Ogletree is listed at 6'2 245 bigger than perennial pro bowl MLBs like Luke Kuechly, Bobby Wagner, and Navarro Bowman. Ogletree has just as much athleticism as that group, but he is not a naturally instinctive LB like that group because he was a safety. However, I think he can get there as his experience level grows because he has all the tools.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is not the year to send JL packing. We would need to see someone step up to that roll first. Maybe Hager has some potential? We may see the Rams go that direction early in the draft or we may see them hold pat with JL looking to restructure in '17. IMO going forward WITHOUT JL would indicate an unwise Rams management. What are you going to get for his $6 million roster spot?
:oops:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
"Examining where James Laurinaitis fits in Rams' 2016 plans"

This examination is over ......nexto_O