Eric Berry anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Eric Berry - DB - Chiefs
Impending free agent Eric Berry is open to re-signing with the Chiefs.

"Obviously, this is family,"said Berry. "This is something special. Like I said, we’ll talk about it." Re-signing Berry would obviously be the Chiefs' preference, but Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali are also headed for free agency and it's going to be difficult to re-sign all three. Berry will be looking for a deal similar to the four-year, $40 million extension Earl Thomas signed with Seattle in 2014.

Source: Kansas City Star
Jan 19 - 1:23 PM

I haven't followed how well he did this year after his bout with cancer or whatever he had. But man if hes back to old form he would definatley be an upgrade over McCloed and me that true center fielder safety we haven't had here in a long time. He and Mcdonald would complement each other perfectly. Then resign Tru and Jenkins and our secondary would be one of if not the best in the NFL were it has become primarily a passing league.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
Depending on how this offseason goes, I think DB is near the bottom of our needs. No way we spend that kind of money to sign a safety.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depending on how this offseason goes, I think DB is near the bottom of our needs. No way we spend that kind of money to sign a safety.

Well lets say the rams resign all there key players and have enough money left over to get one big FA signing who would you go after? Lets also assume there planning on drafting a QB in the first round so thats out.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
For me, I say we keep the continuity on D and resign McLeod. He knows our system, he is young, and he is much cheaper than Berry. Safety does not seem to be a huge priority on D.

Also, with the kind of money Berry is going to demand I say we take that sort of money and recruit someone like Alex Mack and solidify our line. He shouldn't cost as much and completes our oline.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For me, I say we keep the continuity on D and resign McLeod. He knows our system, he is young, and he is much cheaper than Berry. Safety does not seem to be a huge priority on D.

Also, with the kind of money Berry is going to demand I say we take that sort of money and recruit someone like Alex Mack and solidify our line. He shouldn't cost as much and completes our oline.

So, much depends on the teams own free agents. But in the end, if they have money, I would look hard at FA TEs and mlbs over center. There are some good centers in this draft that will be cheaper than Mack. However it would be cool to have another Mack in an LA Rams uniform.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
With our defensive line similar to KC Berry would have success with our Rams.Having said that I would stay with McLeod he's getting better every year and it would save us a ton of cash.I truly believe our secondary is on the verge of being elite if they can stay together.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I haven't followed how well he did this year after his bout with cancer or whatever he had. But man if hes back to old form he would definatley be an upgrade over McCloed and me that true center fielder safety we haven't had here in a long time. He and Mcdonald would complement each other perfectly. Then resign Tru and Jenkins and our secondary would be one of if not the best in the NFL were it has become primarily a passing league.

Love thought and I would do it, but KC is not letting him off the reservation.