Eli Manning to Rams in 2015?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ram007

Starter
Would u like the move if it happened? He comes with pedigree. A change of scenery with a great defense playing for him might be great for Rams in this division.

This is assuming new Head Coach in NY Gaints next season might draft his own QB picking in the top 10 of the draft. There is a chance of this happening.

Your thoughts?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice post. Haven't really thought about Eli the oline would have to be upgraded but if that could be done he might be a very good option

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ummm...

I know his receivers we sucking tonight, not so much him. He's not mobile, not really damaged goods, so I'm not against it.

jjab360

Legend
I don't see the Giants cutting ties with Eli with a year left on his contract so where is this coming from?

If you're talking about a trade, it'd probably take multiple firsts to get it done and a big time contract extension.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I'd have interest for sure. I think he stays a Giant for another year though. As jjab said above, the cost would be to high to trade for him.

Penguin.

Rookie
If we get a Manning, especially the Eli kind, I am going to become a Cardinals fan.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Sorry, but I lost all respect for E.Manning after he refused to play for the Chargers.

ram007

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we get a Manning, especially the Eli kind, I am going to become a Cardinals fan.

Arizona cardinals are about to fall back to earth. For me, Rams deliver the thrill and shrill that even sky diving sport cannot provide. I am in for the ride.. :banana:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Eli? No. He's a perfect example of a product of the system and has been the beneficiary of some pretty glorious ball bounces. I think the earth has come in contact with him lately.

jjab360

Legend
Not getting some of the Eli hate in here, tbh. Outside of a hilariously bad 2013, Eli has been one of the few true franchise QBs in the league for a long, long time now. I would kill to have someone with that longevity, consistency, and experience on this Rams team right now.

Like I said before though, can't see any reason why the Giants would want to move on right now, especially with a pretty weak QB class coming up.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I don't see the Giants cutting ties with Eli with a year left on his contract so where is this coming from?

If you're talking about a trade, it'd probably take multiple firsts to get it done and a big time contract extension.
Boomer Esiason was saying on the radio broadcast that he thinks Eli isn't in the long term plans for the Giants because they didn't ask him to restructure his deal. With such a huge cap hit they could have extended him and made his deal more team friendly but they didn't even ask him. Not sure if that's what's really happening but that was his theory.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I will forever be grateful to eli and the Giants for beating that Cheating fuck of a team in 2 super bowls but no.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If Tom Coughlin isn't the Giants coach next year, it's because Eli got him fired or he retired.

E.Manning is ok. He's just not 18 mill ok.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod

I will forever be grateful to eli and the Giants for beating that Cheating freak of a team in 2 super bowls but no.

I wish there was a 'Super Like' button!! Such a shame I can only like this once.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Isn't this the second time this a has come up?

No, he isn't a great QB but a product of a system. He has to many miles and not enough positives on him to build around or to count on.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I like Eli. He's fun to watch but if he played for my team it would be too much. Plus the Rams have Bradford. He's something, at the very least
A backup or place holder for someone else.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Eli is a good QB but not the type of QB you need going up against the defenses we face in our Division. Unless the Oline is really upgraded to give Eli the time in the pocket he is not a good fit for our division or team. Remember the SuperBowl and Peyton going up against the Seattle Defense.