Eagles at Rams/Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
An overly optimistic prediction.
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...-bold-predictions-bounce-back-game-jared-goff

Los Angeles Rams vs. Philadelphia Eagles: week 15 bold predictions show a huge bounce back game
Once again in the national spotlight, the LA Rams have a big opportunity to make last week look like ancient history.
By joeyaucoin

The Los Angeles Rams are huge home favorites in their Week 15 game vs. the Philadelphia Eagles, who just happen to be the defending Super Bowl champs. In case you haven’t been reading or watching TV that has “sports” in the description, the Eagles are now starting last year’s Super Bowl MVP at QB, aka: Nick Foles. This season has been quite a ride.

The game is literally set-up in a such a way that the Rams could easily look like Super Bowl favorites again. And these days, last week is the new last year. That being stated, the Rams seem poised to pick apart the weak Eagles defensive backs while also having a strong day on defense as they face off against an Eagles offense that could have timing issues. So, how is this thing going to play out you ask?

Let’s get bold.

Coach McVay doesn’t call any passing plays for the first two drives
The Chicago Bears were keyed in on Sean McVay’s play calling last Sunday night and I believe that one of the game plans going into this Eagles matchup is all about setting up the play action. Look for some jet sweeps to mix in with the Todd Gurley II show. And yes, Mr. Gurley is going to have a monster game with over 28 touches and 200+ yards on the ground.

Jared Goff will throw for six touchdowns
With a first quarter that will be all Todd Gurley, Goff will step up and use the play action as a way of getting some easy red zone TDs to TE Gerald Everett and my man, WR Robert Woods. Also, the chestpunt will get at least two of those TDs.

Nick Foles is going to have an embarrassing game
The panic button will be permanently broken after this game once the Eagles faithful get their eyes on QB Nick Foles — I don’t think he’s going to be the same guy as last year. I’m not a scientist, so I can’t give you a legit reason why I feel like Foles is going to choke, it’s just an optimistic feeling that lives in my heart.

This game will be over by the second quarter
Coach McVay is going to come out with all of his weapons on full blast. In fact, this will be a complete and impressive game by every unit of the team — an absolute annihilation. Rams win, 56-6.
-------------------
A more down-to-earth prediction.
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...-rams-week-15-film-preview-running-in-circles

Philadelphia Eagles at Los Angeles Rams film preview: Running in circles
The run-defense is going to be tested once again, this time by the Eagles and running back Josh Adams.
By TG25

It’s another week where the Los Angeles defense will face an offense that will rely most on what the Rams can’t seem to stop — the run.

Carson Wentz is out. Nick Foles, a guy who hasn’t thrown a football in a live game all year, is in. The Eagles are going to rely on the run-game to help Foles get adjusted to live-action once more. Just in time, too. Because the LA run-defense is the worst it’s been all year.

In the last seven games, the defense allowed most than 100 rushing yards in five of the last seven games, and currently allow around 145 yards per-game. The Eagles running game is looking better as of late, having recorded more than 100 yards in two of the last three games. By comparison, the Eagles rushed for more than 100 yards just twice in a 6-week period prior to the last three games.

Some figured the running game was “resurgent” after the 127-yard performance against the New York Giants on Nov. 25. Josh Adams earned season-highs of carries and rushing yards in that game and he became the lead back in this inconsistent running game.

Dec_14_2018_11_05_41.gif

Corey Clement, who would have split time with Josh Adams, is on the IR. Adams was already expected to be the No. 1 back after his performance in recent weeks. He is the most balanced runner on the team despite his large stature. He can take advantage of the small windows the Philly o-line creates and has enough speed to get to the edge.

Dec_15_2018_10_19_36.gif

The Eagles never really gave Adams many touches prior to the game against the New York Giants game at the end of last month. He saw a lot of single digit carries, if any at all. Now, he’s the premiere back because it’s him and Darren Sproles who are all that’s left of the running backs.

Dec_14_2018_11_11_08.gif

Sproles is still good, by the way.

Dec_14_2018_11_08_15.gif

What could give the Rams defense some hope is the fact that Philly’s offensive line is subpar. It ranks towards the bottom of the league in run-blocking. The run-blocking allows Eagles’ running backs to gain 4.22 yards per-carry (19th), according to FootballOutsiders.

Dec_15_2018_10_26_42.gif

The Rams should’ve taken note from the Eagles’ game against the Cowboys last week because Dallas broke the streak of 100-yard rushing performances by holding Philadelphia to 34 yards. How? Well, the Cowboys stacked the box and overwhelmed the offensive line with stunts and mismatches.

Watch Randy Gregory (94) crash the gap to allow Jaylon Smith the opening to come up and help drop Adams behind the line of scrimmage.

Adams finished with 36 yards on seven carries, but still managed to break off two big runs. But Dallas’ run-defense never relented, stopping any chance of the Eagles building on the momentum of big runs.

Dec_15_2018_13_52_46.gif

The Rams were dominated against Chicago after the first quarter, which is another trend of the run-defense — deteriorating as time goes on. The defense looked good in the first quarter, keeping the Bears to small runs. But they were worn down soon after that.

Dec_15_2018_13_51_41.gif

The amount of space created against the front seven is astounding. If they want to rebound from the Chicago loss, they need to contain their space and plug up the running lanes. Adams is a great runner and can take advantage of anything the Rams give him. If LA didn’t learn and address the mistakes they made against Chicago, it’s going to be another long Sunday.
So whats with the DLine lining up with no one in the middle of the line? This play isn't even the worst example of that alinement. They never have anybody over the center or even between the center and the guard. Then we rush up field and they just push us to the side. It is kind of like with the old coaching, we would put our Dbacks at 5 yards when all the offense needed was 3. So they take what we give and we give what ever they need. I'm not an expert analyst or anything, but I have watched football since 66 and it makes no sense.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. Let’s not underestimate what they can do. Chris Long still has an axe to grind, too. Remember last year?
But this isn’t last year, Bro. They aren’t the same and neither are we. IF the Rams don”t destroy them in LA, and Nick Foles in particular, Our season becomes suspect to me.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But this isn’t last year, Bro. They aren’t the same and neither are we. IF the Rams don”t destroy them in LA, and Nick Foles in particular, Our season becomes suspect to me.
Oh don’t misunderstand what I’m saying.I agree with you. I think we win, but I don’t want us to take them too lightly with a trap game mentality. That’s all I’m saying.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
We don't have an early Fox game here..The early CBS game is...wait for it...The 3-10 Faders against the 5-8 Bengals...Talk about a crap fest..Lucky for me my wife wants me to do a couple of things today...Thank goodness for Rams on the Sunday night game...The Fox late game her is Whiners-Hags...I would have had zero chance of seeing the Rams here at 1:00..Big game for the Rams...If they win today, they only have to beat either the Whiners or Cards to warp up a 1st round bye, regardless of what the Bears do...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I’m seeing a lot of draws and shotgun hand offs across the league and wondering why we’re the only team not doing them.

RamWoodie

Legend
I see this as a "Goff test game". By that I mean he's had to games straight where he let pressure shake him up to where he was forcing the ball. Let's see what he's learned tonight.

I gotta get the rear brakes on my SUV changed...so I'm out for now. Shouldn't take to long.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I’m seeing a lot of draws and shotgun hand offs across the league and wondering why we’re the only team not doing them.

Rams are under center more than any other team.

Better play action.

The RB is better out of the I than Shotgun.

I like it.

I like that Todd Gurley has been a top 3 rusher for the last 2 years which sets up their whole passing game, even when sitting out 4th quarters and 9er games. (y)

jap

Legend
Oh don’t misunderstand what I’m saying.I agree with you. I think we win, but I don’t want us to take them too lightly with a trap game mentality. That’s all I’m saying.

There is no such thing as a "trap game" for the Horns coming off a totally humiliating defeat. We are suppose to be the premier butt-kickers in this league, and we came off looking like Sad Sacks last weekend! Jerad easily had the worst game of his young career with 4 picks and zero TDs! I know Malcolm Brown is out, but ya just gotta give the Gurley Express! the rock!!! Time for our rookie RB to step it up in relief for Malcolm.

This has to be a statement game formally announcing the return of 2018 Horns football. Nothing less than a severe butt kicking of the defending Super Bowl champs will do.

Last edited:

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is no such thing as a "trap game" for the Horns coming off a totally humiliating defeat. We are suppose to be the premier butt-kickers in this league, and we came off looking like Sad Sacks last weekend! Jerad easily had the worst game of his young career with 4 picks and zero TDs! I know Malcolm Brown is out, but ya just gotta give the Gurley Express! the rock!!! Time for our rookie RB to step it up in relief for Malcolm.

This has to be a statement game formally announcing the return of 2018 Horns football. Nothing less than a severe butt kicking of the defending Super Bowl champs will do.
I believe you have to guard against letdowns 24/7. But I understand what you mean. Go Rams!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Well the NFC east didnt score much in the early games, 16 points among 3 teams. I would feel good about our chances if the eagles score as many points as their whole division did in the early games. But I would feel better if they end up right around where their division averaged, 6 points sounds good to me.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Reading this thread title immediately put me on a rollercoaster of excitement, confusion, loss, acceptance and finally excitement again.

Thanks I guess?

@jap I am chill. So chill fo real.. I am a Chilly Willy with chilli cheese...
Confused?
Me too.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This would be an ideal game to serve up a beatdown and wipe off the stink from Chicago.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams are under center more than any other team.

Better play action.

The RB is better out of the I than Shotgun.

I like it.

I like that Todd Gurley has been a top 3 rusher for the last 2 years which sets up their whole passing game, even when sitting out 4th quarters and 9er games. (y)
Agreed but i think teams are catching on a bit when McVay slides into that all play action no run stuff. No reason to honor the run when you know its not coming.

Just something to watch. The Bears weren't "frozen" or "held" at all by Goff's play action once they realized McVay was in sling it mode.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You seem to be confusing me with someone else. I was never a part of the pizza/food discussion.

You gave the post a chill rating, so I was goofing about being confused.. carry on.

jap

Legend
You gave the post a chill rating, so I was goofing about being confused.. carry on.

If I did give the post a chill rating, it was a mistake. I am using my smart phone to post messages for the first time, and the character keys are really congested on this tiny screen.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If I did give the post a chill rating, it was a mistake. I am using my smart phone to post messages for the first time, and the character keys are really congested on this tiny screen.

No worries, I dont actually mind at all, I'm just being a dork... can't freaking wait for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.