Downfield Frank Cignetti vs Boltin' Joe Barry

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Looking at this game the matchup I find most intriguing is between two first-year coordinators who are looking to make names for themselves. Barry of course had that rousing stint as DC with Detroit under his father in law, but we won't talk about that because obviously it was a train wreck simmering in a stew of nepotism. I chalk that up as he wasn't ready, in other words.

So his first game as the Skins DC saw the Dolphin offense average 4.1 ypc and a 93.5 QB rating. More important was that they only gave up 17 points, which is respectable. There were some plays Tannehill missed in the endzone, but he also had a sure TD pass to the defense dropped by the CB. Some other key stats included 3 sacks, 5/12 on third down, and 1/3 in the redzone.

Quick note on scheme is that Barry runs a 3-4 with a one-gap approach. The Skins defense looked aggressive and very well prepared against the phins and since their front looked pretty good I think their strength will end up being vs the pass. Not so sure they’ll end up strong against the rush, we will see.

From what I’ve seen thus far from Cigs I’d expect some serious misdirection and screens to counter their aggression along with the obligatory shots downfield. The running game looms large in this one, so it’s gonna be nice to see Mason back.

This will be a fun one to watch because both teams are gonna know a lot more about their teams when it's over. Here's hoping "Downfield Frank" kills it! :cool: