Doug Pederson is New Eagles HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
They also hired Ken Flajole as their DC!!!!!!!!!! They now have the same OC and DC that we had during the Spagnuolo (worst span in NFL history) era.

Holy Christ I feel b.... wait no I don't lol at Eagles fans!!!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I can't wait to see that Eagle fan video!!!

:rolllaugh::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
They also hired Ken Flajole as their DC!!!!!!!!!! They now have the same OC and DC that we had during the Spagnuolo (worst span in NFL history) era.

Holy Christ I feel b.... wait no I don't lol at Eagles fans!!!!
We had Doug Pederson as an OC? When?

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I don't see the rush to fire Kelly for this guy. Not a noticeable upgrade.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see the rush to fire Kelly for this guy. Not a noticeable upgrade.

Because Kelly blew up the team and the players hated him. As for Pederson, hard to know how good or bad he'll be at this point. Many of the best coaching hires seemed unimpressive the day they happened. Gotta wait and see how he does.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if they would take Foles back ?

Just the Rams luck the only right move he made was dumping that player on them. He gave away a 2nd round pick for them to agree to it but he still ruined this season for them.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Because Kelly blew up the team and the players hated him. As for Pederson, hard to know how good or bad he'll be at this point. Many of the best coaching hires seemed unimpressive the day they happened. Gotta wait and see how he does.

Hating him I get, but I feel like if you let the dude blow it up, you might as well give him a shot to rebuild it, not fire him for a week of Pat Shurmer and an underwhelming candidate.

And yeah, the splashiest move isn't always the best, but I would have taken a shot on a defensive guy like McDermott from Carolina or Teryl Austin in Detroit, especially considering the recent history of poor to mediocre Eagle defenses.

Not saying it's a bad hire, and I'm willing to see how it plays out, but i'm not sure about this one. Of course, I wasn't there to interview the guy either.

Psycho_X

Legend
We had Doug Pederson as an OC? When?

No but we had Pat Shurmur which is their OC... or at least was maybe they fired him today not sure.

Thus our OC and DC during those first couple Spags years is now Eagles OC and DC currently... as far as I know.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hating him I get, but I feel like if you let the dude blow it up, you might as well give him a shot to rebuild it, not fire him for a week of Pat Shurmer and an underwhelming candidate.

And yeah, the splashiest move isn't always the best, but I would have taken a shot on a defensive guy like McDermott from Carolina or Teryl Austin in Detroit, especially considering the recent history of poor to mediocre Eagle defenses.

Not saying it's a bad hire, and I'm willing to see how it plays out, but i'm not sure about this one. Of course, I wasn't there to interview the guy either.

Why? I don't think the point of giving him personnel control was for him to blow it up. He was just terrible at it.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Why? I don't think the point of giving him personnel control was for him to blow it up. He was just terrible at it.

I don't think all of his personnel moves were terrible. The drafts were solid and there were some good pick ups in FA like Thurmond and Malcom Jenkins but the bad moves were really bad (Murray and Maxwell).

I get that players may not have liked him, but Roseman reportedly beat him out for power of the team and if you sign some unorthodox college coach, you should expect a bit of a change and allow him time to make that change.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think all of his personnel moves were terrible. The drafts were solid and there were some good pick ups in FA like Thurmond and Malcom Jenkins but the bad moves were really bad (Murray and Maxwell).

I get that players may not have liked him, but Roseman reportedly beat him out for power of the team and if you sign some unorthodox college coach, you should expect a bit of a change and allow him time to make that change.

Malcolm Jenkins was signed before Kelly got control over personnel. And the only draft he was in charge of was the 2015 Draft. However, he did clearly have a hand in moves like picking Josh Huff that didn't work out for Philly.

Why would they keep him around and let him continue to wreck the team? The players didn't like him. He made a power grab and failed miserably. You don't get another chance after that.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Malcolm Jenkins was signed before Kelly got control over personnel. And the only draft he was in charge of was the 2015 Draft. However, he did clearly have a hand in moves like picking Josh Huff that didn't work out for Philly.

Why would they keep him around and let him continue to wreck the team? The players didn't like him. He made a power grab and failed miserably. You don't get another chance after that.

I get that when you lose the locker room, you should leave.

I'm just saying, when the he leads them to two 10-6 seasons, then you have a downer, why rush him out and get a seemingly underwhelming coach?

I don't think firing him was a slam dunk. Not a bad move but not a great one either, unless he completely lost those guys in the locker room.

You can't tell me that just because he didn't have COMPLETE control early doesn't mean he had a huge say regardless.

Those early Kelly teams drafted a good amount of Pac-12 guys and guys Kelly was familiar with from his coaching days.

He had to have some say in those early choices. It's not fair to blame him for all the failures and not give him credit for any of the successes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get that when you lose the locker room, you should leave.

I'm just saying, when the he leads them to two 10-6 seasons, then you have a downer, why rush him out and get a seemingly underwhelming coach?

I don't think firing him was a slam dunk. Not a bad move but not a great one either, unless he completely lost those guys in the locker room.

You can't tell me that just because he didn't have COMPLETE control early doesn't mean he had a huge say regardless.

Those early Kelly teams drafted a good amount of Pac-12 guys and guys Kelly was familiar with from his coaching days.

He had to have some say in those early choices. It's not fair to blame him for all the failures and not give him credit for any of the successes.

If Kelly had final say...why did he make such a big deal out of pushing Roseman out of the GM spot this past off-season? I have no doubt that he had a say but Roseman was the one making the final decisions until Kelly pushed him out.

Why rush him out? The first sentence covers that. But plenty of other things cover it too. The Eagles were a mess this year and Chip's stubbornness was the biggest reason why.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
If Kelly had final say...why did he make such a big deal out of pushing Roseman out of the GM spot this past off-season? I have no doubt that he had a say but Roseman was the one making the final decisions until Kelly pushed him out.

Why rush him out? The first sentence covers that. But plenty of other things cover it too. The Eagles were a mess this year and Chip's stubbornness was the biggest reason why.

All I'm saying is, unless he had ruined the locker room, you knew what you were getting into when he was hired. They made a commitment to the exciting, unorthodox guy and I'm not sure you give him just 3 years and call it a wrap.

The Pederson hiring is underwhelming, at least right now, and he's not stepping into a clean situation. I think could have been beneficial to ride out another year with Kelly and get a more definite answer of what he is and what he was building.

Ultimately, the failures of Murray and Maxwell along with the cut of DeSean really caught up. Too many moving parts on the O-line didn't help either.

He put out some good offenses in previous years and got a lot of good production out of the QB position.

I understand giving him the axe on one hand, but on the other hand, another year wouldn't have been the worst idea in my opinion.

Firing him isn't a bad decision either, but doesn't necessarily get you far. Now you put Pederson in here and I feel like it's a lot of spinning your wheels.

Could be wrong and maybe Pederson turns it around quick, but I'm not so sure about that. I think seeing if Kelly could rebound to previous form could be a better choice than jumping into the coach search and forcing a more unknown option into the fray.

That said, if Kelly crossed the players and they won't play for them, I get it.

Is Doug going to be Roseman's puppet though? How is that relationship going to work out? Kelly might not be the only stubborn egomaniac in this situation and what happens if Roseman turns out to be the problem?