Do You Have a Second Favorite NFL Team?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Varies I usually end up pulling for a different underdog team from time to time
that has not won in years.

It's always fun seeing a team rise from the ashes.

Last one was the Flacco Browns run

Ramon Ram

Starter
This is a great question. I have varied over the years. In the early 70's I lived in NY and liked the Dolphins. Watched the playoff win when they beat the Chiefs on Christmas day and really enjoyed that team and their uniforms. I now live in South Florida and don't like the Dolphins anymore.

When we weren't winning in the mid 70's I rooted for the Raiders and Cowboys when Rams were out.

I think the Jets have always been my second favorite team but not crazy about them now with Aaron Rodgers there for some reason.

Today as I write this I don't really have one though I have rooted for the Chiefs to win the last 4 times they were in the Super Bowl as I didn't like the Niners, Eagles or Bucs.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’ve taken on the Denver Broncos as my second team as it’s my friend’s team as much as the Rams are mine.

Memphis Ram

Legend
It was the Seattle Seahawks until they moved them into the NFC.

Now if I had to choose I'd go with the Ravens.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It used to be the Chargers.. but no more.

Now? I more gravitate to watching teams that are fun that I can find a rooting interest in. The Lions are a great example of that. Houston, too.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Oh man this is personally complicated.

I love the NFL.

I love the RAMS as much as I love the NFL if not more.

I hate every other team and that level of hate changes with the circumstances. ( I can't find that kind of level of darkness anywhere else in my heart)

Whiners and Cowgurls tend to float to the top of the hate list.

GO RAMS!!!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
it occurred to me to start a thread about 2nd favorite teams
Prior to the merger and shortly thereafter I liked the Raiders as my 2nd team. During the Knox era I always wanted a Rams/Raiders Superbowl. Of course I would have wanted the Rams to beat their asses. But they were fun to watch as that was football in the 60's and 70's.....built on most of the things since outlawed. By the time they got screwed by the tuck rule, I was over them, though I did think I was gonna get my old wish that year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Prior to the merger and shortly thereafter I liked the Raiders as my 2nd team. During the Knox era I always wanted a Rams/Raiders Superbowl. Of course I would have wanted the Rams to beat their asses. But they were fun to watch as that was football in the 60's and 70's.....built on most of the things since outlawed. By the time they got screwed by the tuck rule, I was over them, though I did think I was gonna get my old wish that year.
I liked The Snake-Ken Stabler, Dave Casper and Mr Stickem Fred Biletnikoff

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I liked The Snake-Ken Stabler, Dave Casper and Mr Stickem Fred Biletnikoff
They were fun to watch. I remember vs Miami (who I always hated) with time expiring, the pass from Stabler (to Clarence Davis?), falling to his knees for the GW TD. When you watch that replay Manny Fernandez spears the receiver long after the play.

The holy roller.

And yeah, Biletnikoff was one of my favorite non-Rams. Slight of size, tough as hell.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
When I was a kid I liked the Redskins as a distant #2. That was because my Dad liked them when George Allen went there with the "Ramskins" during the "Over-The-Hill Gang" days. So I grew up with that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’ve had a few over the years. When I was in High School I liked the Jets (NY Sack exchange) and Giants both. Their games were on the WPIX station and I watch them frequently. I didn’t get many Rams games in PA.

Then at one point I like the Chargers. Then Falcons, Lions, Bills through the years. Now I just stick to the Rams. The last team I still rooted for as a second was Detroit. Now I say Fuck Dem Lions.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I’ve been a fan of the Rams since I was 4 years old, around the time of the fearsome foursome and before Gabriel. But for some reason, until I was about 8, my second favorite team was the Jets, my third favorite was the Vikings, and my fourth favorite was the Chiefs. Then I wised up and went with only the Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They were fun to watch. I remember vs Miami (who I always hated) with time expiring, the pass from Stabler (to Clarence Davis?), falling to his knees for the GW TD. When you watch that replay Manny Fernandez spears the receiver long after the play.

The holy roller.

And yeah, Biletnikoff was one of my favorite non-Rams. Slight of size, tough as hell.
Yeah, Miami was easy to hate after their perfect season.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I've always been a Rams fan first, but having moved around the country when I was younger, I've followed other teams as well. The internet didn't exist back then so it was more a "Love the one you're with" situation.
Bears pre '85. They sucked but Payton was awesome to watch. Vikings for a short time and Browns during the Brian Sipe/Cardiac Kids era.
Despite, or maybe because of, settling in New England 27 years ago, I hate the Pats with a passion. The Gints and Jets are just annoying. Felt for the Bills until they stole Von Miller.
Best I can muster for any other team these days is Detroit, but that has more to do with Goff and the fact they were so horseshit for so long just like the Rams.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A SECOND FAVORITE TEAM!!!!! RAMS TIL YOU DIE!!!!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams

They are my second favorite team right behind the Rams. My top 32 favorite teams are all going to be the Rams, for sure... so like maybe around 67-70 might be the Pittsburgh Steelers. But only sometimes, when they float up the surface of my attention. I like their city and the colors, Then it's back to the Rams from 70 on.... but, until last seasons playoff game, the Lions were also occasional "floaters" into my attention. They are shit but sometimes they would make it up to the top and I would feel proud of them....