Dallas LB Sean Lee doubtful for Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Great player....I've never really seen him stay healthy for the last 4-5 years....Kinda wanted to see them full strength. Jaylon Smith isn't ready...he runs around like Ogletree to me...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
More, and More I smell Blood in this game!! Just like Donald will!

Shark-Donald-attack.gif

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has the same problems that Mo Alexander has.

What I have see in the 3 games that I have watched is he has had problems with tackles. He arrives fast but a RB who can run threw loose tacks will leave him in the turf. Lee is usually cleaning up after him.

Who is Lee's back up? Antony Hitchens?
I think Jaylon Smith came in bc Hitchens got injured. Not sure if Hitchens will play this week.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think Jaylon Smith came in bc Hitchens got injured. Not sure if Hitchens will play this week.
True Hitchens has not seen any action as of yet in regular season & was limited in practice. Not of this is a positive for the Cowboy's interior "D". Hint hint hint get that McVay?

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article176122111.html

Sean Lee will be a game-time decision for Cowboys
By Drew Davison

September 29, 2017 12:01 PM

Linebacker Sean Lee’s status for Sunday’s game remains to be determined.

The Dallas Cowboys linebacker is dealing with a hamstring injury that kept him out of practice every day this week.

The Cowboys and Lee will make a game-time decision on his availability for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Rams.

We’ll take his situation day by day,” coach Jason Garrett said. “He’s making progress. Works very hard on his rehab, so we’ll see what he’s able to do today.”

Lee said earlier this week that his hamstring strain is not as bad as others he’s had, and is hopeful to play against the Rams. But it’s a risk/reward question on whether Lee should play and possibly sustain a worse injury, or just miss one game.

“Injuries have everything to do with what our medical people say first, our doctors and our trainers,” Garrett said. “Obviously the feedback from the player is valuable and you try to sort out what the injury is, what the risk is and you try your best. Every situation is different, based on what the injury is and who the payer is and all of that.

“So you just try your best. It’s a collaborative effort, but it starts with the medical people.”

Lee’s absence would be felt throughout the entire defense. He is the unquestioned leader of the unit and ranks second on the team in tackles with 29. Jaylon Smith leads the team with 30 through three games.

“He’s a great football player and undoubtedly the leader of our defense, but it goes beyond that,” Garrett said. “He just makes a ton of plays. I think he makes everybody around him better, but injuries are a part of the game. If he’s able to play, obviously we’d love to have him. But, if he’s not, put somebody else in there and we’ll keep rolling.”

If Lee isn’t able to go, Justin Durant would start at weak-side linebacker with Smith in the middle and Damien Wilson at strong-side.

Durant saw his snaps increase last week against the Arizona Cardinals. He played 32 snaps compared to just three in the first two games.

The Cowboys would likely carry just four linebackers on the active roster if Lee can’t go. Jaylon Smith, Durant, Wilson and Kyle Wilber would be the four, and fullback Keith Smith would serve as an emergency linebacker for the team.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Lee doesn't play.

Given his injury history, they'd be stupid to risk a long term hammy issue with him.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Frankly, I don't give a fat rats ass either way, if he is truly dinged up and they decide to suit him up? Wrong offense to play hampered son...you WILL BE exploited

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-cody-davis-questionable-for-rams-vs-cowboys/

Lamarcus Joyner out, Cody Davis questionable for Rams vs. Cowboys
Posted by Charean Williams on September 29, 2017

845414718-e1506715242732.jpg

Getty Images

The Rams will play without free safety Lamarcus Joyner. He left the Week 3 game against the 49ers with a hamstring injury and missed practice all week.

“He is such a great competitor and he does so many different things for our defense, whether it’s playing the safety position in the base and then when we get into our dime, playing the nickel,” coach Sean McVay said. “[He’s] very versatile.

“. . . We’re going to miss him a lot in this game, especially with just the playmakers that they do have on the offensive side of the ball, but that being said, a lot of confidence in the depth we have at the safety position for guys to step up and then at the nickel spot. We’ve got some corners that can transition in there that have done that throughout the course of their career as well.”

Cody Davis, who filled in for Joyner, was added to the injury report with a “tweak in his quad.”

“We’re optimistic about Cody, but he’s questionable for the game right now,” McVay said.

McVay listed Maurice Alexander, John Johnson III and Blake Countess as options if Davis also misses the game.

Center John Sullivan (hip) also is questionable.

Cornerback Kayvon Webster (shoulder) will play for the first time since the season opener, and wide receivers Tavon Austin and Sammy Watkins have cleared concussion protocol and are good to go.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Maybe the rams should bench Barron to make things fair. Nevermind, just saw joyner is out. Damn

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
This will be the Cowpie's #1 excuse when they Lose the game!! At least the Media will play it that way!

Yep, even though both teams have players out to injury, there're always those special entitlements for the media-darling Cowboys.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Lamarcus Joyner out, Cody Davis questionable for Rams vs. Cowboys

..............“We’re optimistic about Cody, but he’s questionable for the game right now,” McVay said.

McVay listed Maurice Alexander, John Johnson III and Blake Countess as options if Davis also misses the game.

Not sure what McVay meant by mentioning Mo Alexander as an option here? Anyone else have an ideal since Mo is our starting Strong Safety? How could Mo be an option? Is McVay letting something slip here?

Would they yank Mo out from the SS post & insert another safety in @ SS? then insert Mo back into the deep safety post? I don't think so.Either Blake Countess or John Johnson will start & we should see both of these DB's today in action.

With both our top deep safeties ailing it does give us an early glimpse into the future starting safeties in 2018 will be. Alexander-Joyner & Davis will be UFA's in March & its doubtful that 2 of the 3 will return with a new contract. Rams invested big in John Johnson when Snead selected him in the 3rd round of day two of the draft.

Rookie JJ is not a in the box safety that we see so much today but a different beast of a hybrid looks like a perfect mix of high safety with a outside corner. Odd:alien:. Thus far I have not seen the alleged athleticism and ball skills that was stamped on his profile. That may be due to where Wade has been playing him thus far ...".In The Box":thinking:.

If it were up to me I would start Countess & keep him in @ safety & when the Nickle is deployed use NRC to cover the slot. I would not mind if JJ saw some time in the Nickle myself.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cody Davis, who filled in for Joyner, was added to the injury report with a “tweak in his quad.”

“We’re optimistic about Cody, but he’s questionable for the game right now,” McVay said.

Anybody have a guess on which way we go with this???

Blake Countess....love the last name...but he scares me.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@BonifayRam - I was disappointed with Countess and his silly mistakes last game. Actually I vote for marqui at strong safety and move Mo to FS like you said above.