Creating the All-Time Rams Roster: Wide Receiver

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who is your favorite All-Time Rams WR?

• Total voters

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
When you grow up watching the GSOT, how can you not pick Bruce and Holt?

jap

Legend
Not quite.
Bruce was one of the most dangerous WR'S before Martz.
He was blowing people away with Chris Miller at QB on a Rich Brooks coached team.

That's very true. Sir Isaac was beating triple! coverage!!! Like Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders, and our present Tavon, Isaac could make 90-degree cuts at top speed, gaining instant separation for relatively easy catches. Isaac was considered un-coverable, at least in his younger years, by a single CB. He may not have possessed Torry's soft hands, but his own was still soft enough for superstar quality.

Lynn Swann made the sliding catch popular. However, as one scout noted, Bruce made more 'Lynn Swann' (i.e., sliding) catches in one season than Lynn made in his entire career. Another scout talked about how Issac used to terrify DBs as he came out of his stance with a running motion described as "gliding." With that motion as Isaac ran straight towards the defender, the poor Db simply could not tell how fast Bruce was actually moving. Isaac excelled at 'selling' routes---that is, convincing hapless defenders that he was the primary target, thereby relaxing the coverage on his grateful fellow receivers.

And, as I have elaborated many times on this and other Horns forums, Isaac was extremely proud of his blocking prowess, with a personal best of 14! pancake blocks in a single game---talk about the complete receiving package!!! As much as I loved Henry Ellard, Isaac is unquestionably my favorite Horns receiver of all time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Love this series Jake.

This one is tough. I have to say Bruce is #1 in my eyes. He tore things up with pretty bad systems and QBs and then just kept it going once he had talent around him. The catch in the Superbowl cements his legacy as my favorite receiver ever.

I never got to watch Fears or Hirsch like my dad so I will hold comments on them. As a kid, I loved the Gabriel to Snow combination. Snow may not be more skilled than some of the others on the list but he has to be my second favorite at that position. Of course I loved me some Flipper and Ellard. I have nothing against Torry - certainly loved watching him during the GSOT days but I never really liked how he completely shied from any contact and felt he was a product of an amazing system and talent around him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Because youngster, some of us old guys watched some pretty great WRs on some less than stellar teams. And we liked it! :cool:

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love this series Jake.

This one is tough. I have to say Bruce is #1 in my eyes. He tore things up with pretty bad systems and QBs and then just kept it going once he had talent around him. The catch in the Superbowl cements his legacy as my favorite receiver ever.

I never got to watch Fears or Hirsch like my dad so I will hold comments on them. As a kid, I loved the Gabriel to Snow combination. Snow may not be more skilled than some of the others on the list but he has to be my second favorite at that position. Of course I loved me some Flipper and Ellard. I have nothing against Torry - certainly loved watching him during the GSOT days but I never really liked how he completely shied from any contact and felt he was a product of an amazing system and talent around him.
Thanks I am not abandoning you! The series will continue today I am dropping the OL article on Rams Wire

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I'm the only one to vote for Hirsch????

What universe is this??? WTF

My thought EXACTLY!!!!! I mean seriously... What the Rams Offenses of the early 50's did, comparatively for the times, was right on par with TGSOT. I mean..hell.... they made a movie about the guy when he was STILL playing!!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QSVU2am1AA

As far as Receiver rankings...

Hirsch
Bruce
Fears
Ellard
Holt
Snow

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My thought EXACTLY!!!!! I mean seriously... What the Rams Offenses of the early 50's did, comparatively for the times, was right on par with TGSOT. I mean..hell.... they made a movie about the guy when he was STILL playing!!!!

Hirsch
Bruce
Fears
Ellard
Holt
Snow

I'm going to watch that. I had no idea there was a movie about him.

…..

Legend
Because someone with wisdom reminded you about Ellard? Any Rams all time list must include Henry Ellard. Bruce=Wr1 Ellard=Wr2

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hirsch
Bruce
Fears
Ellard
Holt
Snow

Really awesome that you posted this!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

Hirsch
Bruce
Fears
Ellard
Holt
Snow

That movie was so cool! Thanks for posting it.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1A. Bruce
1B. Holt

Might be the greatest wide receiver tandem in NFL history.