Crappy Day Fishing Pic

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Last Thursday the wife and I went out 55 miles offshore and conditions were amazing for this time of year. 88 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and really calm seas. We trolled around for a few hours and only had one hit (sailfish). No fish in the boat. Got skunked. Translation... Didn't catch Jack Shit.

It's always a Great Day when you're fishing though... even if you only catch a buzz.

Here's a pic I shot on my way back in. My view for 55 miles.

20151112_142947.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Deep waters scare the crap out of me.

That's where the big fish are though. Right off the coast in the Daytona Beach area (where I was in the pic) it's actually pretty shallow for miles. You have to go out at least 40 miles to reach water 100+ ft.

Compare that to South Florida... You leave the inlet in West Palm Beach and it's like 300 ft about a mile or two out.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Last Thursday the wife and I went out 55 miles offshore and conditions were amazing for this time of year. 88 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and really calm seas. We trolled around for a few hours and only had one hit (sailfish). No fish in the boat. Got skunked. Translation... Didn't catch Jack crap.

It's always a Great Day when you're fishing though... even if you only catch a buzz.

20151112_142947.jpg
Just remember , it could always be worse , I just took this photo from my front door about 10 minutes ago , their calling for 8 -12 inches of snow , last I heard , we already got the 8 inches , and it's still coming down heavy

snow4_zps44itpjws.jpg

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
That's where the big fish are though. Right off the coast in the Daytona Beach area (where I was in the pic) it's actually pretty shallow for miles. You have to go out at least 40 miles to reach water 100+ ft.

Compare that to South Florida... You leave the inlet in West Palm Beach and it's like 300 ft about a mile or two out.

50 yards out from the sand on the beach is deep waters to me :D, haha!

Nah but I feel you, I've been deep sea fishing before and it was dope. Took a few beers for me to forget that we were that far into the ocean but damn it was beautiful out there and the fish were crazy as shit.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just remember , it could always be worse , I just took this photo from my front door about 10 minutes ago , their calling for 8 -12 inches of snow , last I heard , we already got the 8 inches , and it's still coming down heavy

snow4_zps44itpjws.jpg

Dear God :shocked:

I would die there almost immediately.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Last Thursday the wife and I went out 55 miles offshore and conditions were amazing for this time of year. 88 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and really calm seas. We trolled around for a few hours and only had one hit (sailfish). No fish in the boat. Got skunked. Translation... Didn't catch Jack crap.

20151112_142947.jpg
Fishing is great here in San Diego, but nothing like where you live. Can't imagine being able to target so many different game fish in one region. Way more diverse than here.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fishing is great here in San Diego, but nothing like where you live. Can't imagine being able to target so many different game fish in one region. Way more diverse than here.

The farther south you go here in Florida... the better it gets, but you're right, there are a bunch of options species wise here. Both inshore and offshore.

I was sitting on the boat Sunday morning in the marina and a guy caught a giant redfish basically right under my boat. The beast was about 4 ft long... way too big to keep legally, but lots of fun to catch.

I did snag a tarpon while I was getting fuel Thursday morning. 30 pounder. He was chasing bait all around the fuel docks... I had a spinning rod already rigged up with a lure in the rack. I couldn't resist... I threw it out there while I was pumping in the gas.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LOL text them to me that way you don't have to post them.

See how considerate I am....... :icare:
He already made me promise I wouldn't forward them to you. And yes... Specifically you.:D