1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Colin Kaepernick investigated for alleged sexual assault

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Prime Time, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Prime Time RODerator

We believe the members here at ROD have enough intelligence to figure out that the words investigated and alleged in the title do not imply guilt simply because there are no quotation marks. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time is not a crime, neither is being a dumbass. Chances are that absolutely nothing will come of this but it still should be reported anyway because it deals with a key member of the 49ers - a team despised by most Rams fans.

Btw is there another NFL team that has had a worse offseason than the 49ers?

OnceARam and Mojo Ram like this.
  2. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Wait. I missed something - didn't I? You mean as in how Jim Rome always says allegedly when someone gets accused of something? As in - Collin Kaperdick sexually assaulted someone - allegedly.

3. NJRamsFan Cocaine Cowboy

Thankfully no. The NFC west is ripe for the taking!

Prime Time likes this.
  4. fearsomefour Well-Known Member

Hopefully Colin Forcemydick isent saving the Whiners money on his deal.

5. The Rammer ESPN Draft Guru

Lol you bringing the rope?

6. HE WITH HORNS Well-Known Member

Exactly. Krapperdick sexually assaulted a woman. "allegedly"

7. PowayRamFan Well-Known Member

Now would be a good time for some drug testing for those three....

RamFan503 likes this.
  8. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Ah! Sorry. I'm a little slow sometimes.

9. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

How 'bout we put the quotes on woman? :eek:

10. max Well-Known Member

That he was a smart kid?

I remember reports that said he was an honor roll student.

11. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Don't pop a Molly kids! Just don't pop a Molly!!!o_O

12. Prime Time RODerator

While not accused of wrongdoing, Kaepernick possibly hurt his negotiating position
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2014

[​IMG]Getty Images

On one hand, 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has not been, and may never be, accused of wrongdoing. On the other hand, he’s listed in a police incident report along with two other NFL players as a “suspect.” And a woman claims she blacked out after allegedly drinking and smoking marijuana in an apartment with Kaepernick and those two other NFL players, kissing Kaepernick in a bedroom, having her clothing removed by Kaepernick, and getting into bed. She then woke up in a hospital.

Whatever the explanation — and there’s a chance the intervening events involving Kaepernick, Quinton Patton, and Ricardo Lockette could serve as the plot for a cross between The Three Stooges, Fargo, and Pineapple Express — Kaepernick got himself too close to the proverbial line at a time when he’s trying to break the $20 million annual barrier.

While not the first franchise quarterback to compromise the franchise’s interests via involvement in unseemly activities (cough, Ben Roethlisberger, cough), Kaepernick is the first to do it before finagling a grandkids-won’t-have-to-work contract. And that could make it harder for Kaepernick to cash in to the extent he wants.

It’s not about right or wrong. It’s about avoiding any situation in which an accusation can be made, right or wrong, that wrong happened. It’s the kind of situation in which active franchise quarterbacks not named Roethlisberger (e.g., Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and Russell Wilson) most likely will never find themselves.

Depending on how it all plays out, the incident could impact Kaepernick’s strong-to-quite-strong off-field portfolio. Regardless of whether anything else happens, the classic American tale of boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back doesn’t mesh seamlessly with boy and friends get girl drunk and/or high, girl gets lightheaded, boy kisses girl and disrobes her, boy leaves room, girl passes out, girl wakes up in hospital.

We never may know anything more about what happened. Already, the 49ers may know enough to at least be a little more leery about giving Kaepernick the keys to the vault at the Field of Jeans.

Kaepernick sounds off against TMZ report
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2014

[​IMG]Getty Images

Despite the criticism routinely heaped on TMZ, TMZ routinely isn’t wrong. When it comes to TMZ’s initial report that 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is being investigated for sexual assault, TMZ was wrong.

And Kaepernick is letting TMZ hear about it.

“The charges made in the TMZ story and other stories I’ve seen are completely wrong,” Kaepernick said on Twitter on Friday morning. “They make things up about me that never happened. I take great pride in who I am and what I do, but I guess sometimes you have to deal with someone who makes things up. I want to thank all of the people who have shared their encouraging sentiments. I assure you that your faith is not misplaced.”

Kaepernick is right. Miami police have said he’s not being investigated for sexual assault.

Still, there’s an incident report containing a set of facts that has a gap between the time a woman Kaepernick allegedly was kissing and disrobing passed out in an apartment bed and woke up in a hospital bed. By speaking out generally about the situation, Kaepernick may have opened the door to an expectation that he’ll address the specifics — and that he’ll explain what happened after the woman passed out. Or that he’ll dispute the details of her story.

13. BigRamFan Living the life Jimmy Buffett only sang about.

Two things: 1. Kaepernick is one goofy looking punk of a "man".
    2. It drives me absolutely crazy when, in articles like this, that little midget in SEA is called a "franchise QB". Give me a freaking break!

14. Selassie I H. I. M.

Harbitch rumored to be traded.

Kaperdick rumored to be date raping.

Didn't one of their LBers stab somebody?

This is shaping up to be one of my favorite off seasons for the whiners in recent memory.

Stranger likes this.
  15. LesBaker Mr. Savant

I'm afraid you've forced me to ask username to dickpunch you for posting that disturbing vid. Hahahahaha........

16. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

"Aw come on...he's GUILTY!! Can't you people see that?!! You keep twisting the facts around! These thugs are all the same!"
    [​IMG]

Stranger likes this.
  17. LesBaker Mr. Savant

From what I've read he has a sexual relationship with this woman so DNA isn't going to play a role in any investigation.

This doesn't seem to have any merit.

Plus........thinking about that guy and sex is even more disturbing that that fucked up vid that 503 just posted LOL.

RamFan503 likes this.
  18. Prime Time RODerator

TMZ (sort of) stands by its Kaepernick report
    Posted by Michael David Smith on April 11, 2014

[​IMG]

When news broke that Colin Kaepernick was involved in a police investigation in Miami, TMZ was on the story first, saying that Kaepernick was being investigated for an alleged sexual assault. But a police spokesman later said TMZ’s report was based on information that was taken out of context, and Kaepernick has slammed TMZ’s report as “completely wrong.”

For its part, TMZ is standing by its story. Sort of.

The top headline now at TMZ is, “Colin Kaepernick: Cops confirm investigation is ‘sexual in nature.’” The story under that headline cites a “well placed official at the Miami Police Department” as saying that Kaepernick is a suspect in an investigation that is “sexual in nature.”

It’s not clear what “sexual in nature” means, exactly, but while TMZ appears to be trying to stick with what it previously reported in the face of Kaepernick’s strong denial, the new TMZ report does not say specifically that Kaepernick is being investigated for a sexual assault, which is what the initial TMZ report said.

The fact that a police spokesman has said publicly that there’s no evidence of a sexual assault strongly suggests that neither Kaepernick nor anyone else is suspected of a sexual assault — the police aren’t normally in the business of saying publicly that there’s no evidence of a crime if they’re still investigating whether a crime has been committed.

All we know for sure is that a woman says that after drinking with Kaepernick, 49ers receiver Quinton Patton, and Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette, she went to bed and the next thing she knew she was waking up in a hospital. That certainly fits the description of a “suspicious incident,” as the police have called it. But while TMZ insists that the police are privately confirming that the investigation is sexual in nature, that’s not what the police are saying publicly.

19. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

20. RamEERS Pastor