Chris Borland

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This guy is an absolute stud, and could be the answer to our MLB depth while starting! But how Tron???? Well I will get to that my friends. But first some background.

Has played 5 years in college. In his second year was injured in 3rd game and didnt play the rest of the year.

Played at strongside in a 4-3 his first two years, ILB in a 4-3 his 3rd and 4th, and strongside ILB in a 3-4 his final season.

Now he is projected as an ILB in the NFL by many, but some think he can play at the strong side as well(myself included).

In his freshmen year he had 54 total tackles, 10.5 tackles for a loss, 5 sacks, 1 int, 3 passes defended, and 5 forced fumbles. Not bad at all for a strongside 4-3 LB, especially for a rookie. 14 career forced fumbles(only two less than Mack).

Had good stats the other years as a ILB as well.

He is short with short arms, but really he is just a stocky motherfucker.

He is 5'11, 248 lbs of rock. He is one inch shorter and almost 30 lbs heavier than Dunbar.

He is a very good tackler and phenomenal run stopper with good coverage skills. Knows where to be at the right time.

He could play strongside for us, and if JLau got hurt, could fill in for him in a heartbeat.

He is the Rudy of this draft. Not very impressive physically, but is just a straight up football player.

So as i said in my opening statement, he could be our answer to our MLB depth problem while being a starter at the strongside.

He is projected to go from anywhere between the mid 2nd to early 3rd. Would love to grab him in that range somehow.

Dude is a straight up old school beast! None stop motor, great instincts beast.

What do you guys think?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I like him a lot. I see him as a shorter Laurinaitis. Many of the same strengths and weaknesses. So I guess it's how you view Laurinaitis that'll dictate how much you like Borland. He's a flawed player but his instincts, football IQ, motor, and heart make up for the flaws. I think he'll be a solid Mike in the NFL.

FRO

Legend
If he is there in the third I would love to have him. The second round is too high for a part time guy I think, unless you plan on replacing Laurinaitis in the near future.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Seems like he'd make a cheaper two down alternative to Laurinaitis. But, I wouldn't play him at SLB given that he slower, shorter, and has very short arms. Teams would target him in the passing game all day long.