Center Alex Mack is available

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I prefer guys with talent that dont get their ass handed to them on a weekly basis over "loyalty"

I must be loosing my eye sight in the worse way. I was under the strong impression that I observed the best overall Rams center OL performance in over a decade. I thought Tim Barnes played a full 16 games in 2015 season. Did I miss something:sleep:? Apparently I did. Now you have that only working brain cell that I mentioned from time to time in total stress :seizure:mode trying to recall when I had seen such a fine performance coming from that position in a long long time.

The fact that Tim Barnes worked for pennies as a starter approx 700K last season I guess should not come into the equation either:notsure:? That cost may be one of the best bargains in the NFL last season:yess:. The 2014 season the Rams paid Scott Wells just a little less in millions than what Mack was paid last season. Barnes has worked for the bottom minimum NFL wage since his arrival here in 2011:eek:. In 2014 Tim Barnes was paid only 570K:shocked:.

For many years my heart has been tortured :deadhorse:by the poor play of previous Rams starting centers several who got large Millions $$$$ paydays like Scott Wells & Jason Brown & others like Robert Turner, Tony Wragge, Brett Romberg, Nick Leckey, Dustin Fry since Andy McCollum :bow:days over a decade ago.

IMO there is great value in having home grown players like Tim Barnes on this Ram team now. I like this true Blue Collar Lunch Bucket hard:lifting: working no name center who earns every penny of his Ram wages:huh:. He is a credit to this team & was every bit more valuable as to the 2015 Ram team as Rodger Saffold & his millions he made for finishing 4 games last season(y).

Guess I prefer a different type of Ram player who may get his posterior handed to him from time to time but he gets back up & continues on play after play series after series game after game for a full NFL season of wear & tear pain & soreness every working hour playing in a position of no recognition or highlight big screen reviews. Yes I'll pass on the mega millions Alex Mack will demand to do what Tim Barnes can do but for much much less.

Last edited:

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I must be loosing my eye sight in the worse way. I was under the strong impression that I observed the best overall Rams center OL performance in over a decade. I thought Tim Barnes played a full 16 games in 2015 season. Did I miss something:sleep:? Apparently I did. Now you have that only working brain cell that I mentioned from time to time in total stress :seizure:mode trying to recall when I had seen such a fine performance coming from that position in a long long time.

The fact that Tim Barnes worked for pennies as a starter approx 700K last season I guess should not come into the equation either:notsure:? That cost may be one of the best bargains in the NFL last season:yess:. The 2014 season the Rams paid Scott Wells just a little less in millions than what Mack was paid last season. Barnes has worked for the bottom minimum NFL wage since his arrival here in 2011:eek:. In 2014 Tim Barnes was paid only 570K:shocked:.

For many years my heart has been tortured :deadhorse:by the poor play of previous Rams starting centers several who got large Millions $$$$ paydays like Scott Wells & Jason Brown & others like Robert Turner, Tony Wragge, Brett Romberg, Nick Leckey, Dustin Fry since Andy McCollum :bow:days over a decade ago.

IMO there is great value in having home grown players like Tim Barnes on this Ram team now. I like this true Blue Collar Lunch Bucket hard:lifting: working no name center who earns every penny of his Ram wages:huh:. He is a credit to this team & was every bit more valuable as to the 2015 Ram team as Rodger Saffold & his millions he made for finishing 4 games last season(y).

Guess I prefer a different type of Ram player who may get his posterior handed to him from time to time but he gets back up & continues on play after play series after series game after game for a full NFL season of wear & tear pain & soreness every working hour playing in a position of no recognition or highlight big screen reviews. Yes I'll pass on the mega millions Alex Mack will demand to do what Tim Barnes can do but for much much less.
I guess your definition and my definition of good are not the same because I saw a guy that wasn't very good and average at best. I guess shame on me for wanting better than borderline average at an important position.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I agree sign back Tim Barnes yesterday I prefer a loyal Ram who has been a Ram since 2011!
I'm all for loyalty but I prefer performance and everything I seen has Barnes rated as one of the lower centers in the league. He may improve but so far I can't say he's a rock in his position.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Barnes is far from our biggest problem on this O.

But that doesn't mean that he couldn't be upgraded.

Maybe a pick in the 3-4 rounds?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'd pass on Mack.
  1. Age is a concern.
  2. Injury history is a concern.
  3. Will require too much cap space.
Next...