CB Jemea Thomas signed to Practice Squad, WR Veltung released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As the musical chairs of the practice squad continues. I guess Veltung's hopes of catching on regularly with the Rams is pretty close to over. Although to be fair, with Bailey back there is less need for a warm body for QBs to throw to in practice. I would guess he's taking extra practice to prepare after his time off, and soon Austin will be back.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I know the Rams were very interested in Thomas before the draft. I was surprised that they didn't draft him on Day 3.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Does anyone have stats on Thomas, so I can put the in my Roster notes!!

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does anyone have stats on Thomas, so I can put the in my Roster notes!!
There's no stats for him in the NFL. Not sure how he did in preseason this year as I couldn't find anything.

I looked at his college career and he played in 54 games and he recorded 234 total tackles (172 solo, 62 assisted), 13.5 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, 28 passes defended, 9 INT's, 3 forced fumbles. Can also play safety.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
There's no stats for him in the NFL. Not sure how he did in preseason this year as I couldn't find anything.

I looked at his college career and he played in 54 games and he recorded 234 total tackles (172 solo, 62 assisted), 13.5 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, 28 passes defended, 9 INT's, 3 forced fumbles. Can also play safety.
How Big is he? What's his 40 time?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
How Big is he? What's his 40 time?

Height: 5 ft 10 in
Weight: 195 lb
40 time: 4.55

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jemea-thomas?id=2543808

OVERVIEW
Started all 27 games last 2 seasons. 2013: Started all 13 games. Led team with 88 tackles, 8 PBU. Tied for team lead with 2 INTs. 2012: Started all 14 games. Led team in INT (4). 2011: Played in all 13 games, starting 2. Tied for team lead with 3 INTs. Returned 3 punts (10.3 yards per return). 2010: Redshirted. 2009: Served as backup to Morgan Burnett (Packers) at rover position. High School: Class AA first-team all-state selection in Georgia.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Very strong pound-for-pound. Sacrifices his body and shows up well in the run game. Takes good angles and understands run-game fits. Carries a very quiet confidence. Mentally and physically tough and seeks contact. Good short-area zone awareness -- is best moving forward and reacting to the thrown ball in front of him. Experienced, four-year starter. Commands respect from teammates. Very durable and has played through injuries and never missed any time. Hardworking and accountable.

WEAKNESSES
Is stiff-hipped, short-armed and undersized with a frame that looks maxed out at less than 200 pounds. Gives up some ground and allows separation in man coverage vs. quickness. Easily mismatched by size vs. tight ends. Average range -- lacks desirable length and fluidity to patrol the back end. Hands are iffy. Regarded by some teams as too much of a tweener.

BOTTOM LINE
A tough, downhill box safety who plays bigger than his size. Hip inflexibility could relegate him to a situational nickel-safety role initially, yet possesses the toughness, competitiveness and football temperament to earn his way onto the field.
-------------------------------
Btw he was cut by the Cowboys recently......Hmm...

blueberry

UDFA
Name
Joey
We cut him to sign our 2nd Fullback. "Fullbacks win championships", as the saying goes.

Alan

Legend
upload_2014-9-19_17-0-50.jpeg
upload_2014-9-19_16-58-44.jpeg
upload_2014-9-19_16-58-54.jpeg
upload_2014-9-19_16-59-6.jpeg
armageddon-3.jpg

Alan

Legend
cracengl missing the obvious:
You should always have a spotter when cranking it auto-erotic style.
Not that I'm into something like that but who do you think took the picture? ;)