Carson Palmer agrees to new deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
3 years 50 million

Just in time for the Rams to make him want to retire ....

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a feeling Arizona might regret that.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
HAHAHA!!!! Perfect!!!

Heck, I thought he had a better chance of the Cards moving in a new direction. Awesome!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How will this affect the negotiations with Bradford?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Well Palmer is smarter than the cards FO, now hes got all that money just in time to take a dive after the 4th sack of the 1st qtr. Next week he will be talkin retirement.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
This really surprised me. Maybe they're content with Logan Thomas learning the ropes for a couple years?

ram007

Starter
Damn., I was hoping they didn't re-sign him. He is playing awfully well.

It hurts me to say next year Rams will be the only team with out answer at QB when 2015 starts.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Great, now lets go out there and sack him so many times he retires and the Cards waste all that money.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Damn., I was hoping they didn't re-sign him. He is playing awfully well.

It hurts me to say next year Rams will be the only team with out answer at QB when 2015 starts.

It's not like Palmer is a long term solution, either.

As Faulk has said, there is a hit count.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think Palmer is a terrific QB...He moves around the pocket a little and is very accurate most of the time...Take him lightly and he will shred you...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Rams: Take league minimum
Bradford's agent: No
Rams: OK bye
i
Not much I wouldn't have thought.

Just not buying it, there is no better option out there for the Rams than Bradford even with his injury problems. Of course they have to wait to see how the recovery goes but rebuilding a contract that offers more for performance over the next 4 years would be helpful for the team. There are better options than taking the huge he he already has coming or just sucking again in 2015.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Rams: Take league minimum
Bradford's agent: No
Rams: OK bye

Not much I wouldn't have thought.
If they do bring him back, while it's certainly not going to be for his currently contracted salary, it's not going to be for league minimum either.

I'd say $1.5 - 2 million base with a bunch of incentives if he plays well. If he can get better than that elsewhere, I wish him best of luck. But they'd just outright cut him rather than insult him by offering him league minimum.

If they do bring him back, while it's certainly not going to be for his currently contracted salary, it's not going to be for league minimum either.

I'd say $1.5 - 2 million base with a bunch of incentives if he plays well. If he can get better than that elsewhere, I wish him best of luck. But they'd just outright cut him rather than insult him by offering him league minimum.

Problem with an incentive laden deal is you can't really do anything if he gets injured again, you're just saving real money it doesn't help the team. If he's not willing to do us a favour and go some way to pay back some of that $24.6m he's earned for rehabbing then I'm ready to move on and plan with a possibly lesser QB who has a higher chance of being healthy for a full 16 games.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's a good thing for Palmer that he signed that fucker before the game on Sunday.

ram007

Starter
Boy, when I read these boisterous comments like "sunday may be palmer's last game", i wonder if Rex Ryan is making posts here. If not our fans bluster is more than Rex Ryan's :palm:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Problem with an incentive laden deal is you can't really do anything if he gets injured again, you're just saving real money it doesn't help the team. If he's not willing to do us a favour and go some way to pay back some of that $24.6m he's earned for rehabbing then I'm ready to move on and plan with a possibly lesser QB who has a higher chance of being healthy for a full 16 games.
Actually, incentive laden deals do help with salary cap, because those incentives are usually labeled as "not likely to be earned" and thus don't count against the cap. If he earns them, then that money is taken from the next year's cap.

I think, if the Rams are interested (which is a big if still), Bradford would be willing to work with them, but it simply won't be a League Minimum deal. The Rams wouldn't even offer that.