CELEBRATE !! Cards @ Rams Victory / We’re in the Playoffs Thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Didn’t like the head-shots on Wolford...he took some brutal shots.

Impressed with Akers durability today...difference-maker.

I thought Reeder was solid today.

Floyd

Hill

Fuller had a PBU on Hopkins

Ramsey

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Didn’t like the head-shots on Wolford...he took some brutal shots.
Yeah man I agree. Some of that was on him though IMO and that's understanding that I'm an older fan who thinks a QB who wants to dive should get the fuckin snot knocked out of him.

But it's shitty that it happened so much without a call, would have been nice to have a couple.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Did anyone catch Wolford post game and mcvays.....for starters Wolford I love he is like "dude where's my car" there is something about him though in a good way.
Mcvays presser just seemed like he was in love. Seemed like he was unchained and a smile like the Joker. I'm not reading to much into it but it was just a different feel to it and him more than the standard victory presser.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, I'm sick and freaking tired of the Refs not paying attention to the HEAD SHOTS our QBs are taking and not even flagged.

The NFL just can't keep doing this.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Yeah man I agree. Some of that was on him though IMO and that's understanding that I'm an older fan who thinks a QB who wants to dive should get the fuckin snot knocked out of him.

But it's shitty that it happened so much without a call, would have been nice to have a couple.
If he’s a WR, Hopkins or someone like that, those hits draw flags.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Did anyone catch Wolford post game and mcvays.....for starters Wolford I love he is like "dude where's my car" there is something about him though I'm a good way.
Mcvays presser just seemed like he was in love. Seemed like he was unchained and a smile like the Joker. I'm not reading to much into it but it was just a different feel to it and him more than the standard victory presser.

I tried to catch it on Periscope, but the signal kept being lost and then it just wouldn't connect at all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If he’s a WR, Hopkins or someone like that, those hits draw flags.
Definitely. I just have a thing though about the way QBs as a group switch so effortlessly between "oh I'm a QB protect me refs" to putting their heads down and acting like Billy Badass. It's just another way the rules favor the offense is all. So whenever a QB gets fuckin tattooed while being a hero the asshole in me is grinning a little.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I tried to catch it on Periscope, but the signal kept being lost and then it just wouldn't connect at all.

Not good at this but I will try lol...I got it off the actual rams app.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Definitely. I just have a thing though about the way QBs as a group switch so effortlessly between "oh I'm a QB protect me refs" to putting their heads down and acting like Billy Badass. It's just another way the rules favor the offense is all. So whenever a QB gets fuckin tattooed while being a hero the asshole in me is grinning a little.
Wilson and Murray
want to plaster them, legally

TexasRam

Legend
Did anyone catch Wolford post game and mcvays.....for starters Wolford I love he is like "dude where's my car" there is something about him though I'm a good way.
Yea Mcvay was really psyched about Wolfords performance. My personal feeling is he seems like he found the missing piece to the puzzle of 2020 and the Oline woes. I mean think about it, his reputation as offensive genius is falling apart unless he rights the ship. I still think he views Goff as the better franchise QB but realizes Goff's lack of mobility won't worth with this Oline to go deep in the playoffs. I may be wrong but i suspect he goes with Wolford next week on the hunch that we get more production vs Seattle. He would need to report that Goff just isn't 100%. As a Goff backer I would be fine with such a move as a temporary measure until we can rebuild the line.

The other thing Wolford showed is he can quickly read the field and get the ball out.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Wolford made some plays today with his legs that would have lead to punts with Goff in there. Is Wolford more talented? No. But does he bring an extra dimension to the offense that makes it harder for defenses to game plan against us. Yes. I think that's something for Mcvay to really consider.
But you do lose a lot in the passing game and if you don't think a good D will take away some of that running success you are nuts.

Don't forget Goff was 37-47 for 351 vs the same Cards D 4 wks ago and put up 31 points.

Wolford was not put in position to have to win the game... Hell the D got the lead for him in this game. Night have been uglier if he was forced into obvious passing situations and must convert downs.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
The problem with our OL is that we're one lineman away from being really good (well, with Whitworth injured, it's two). If we could replace Blythe with Corbett at Center and grab a monster of a RG, we'd have a great OL (with Whitworth healthy).

i am not seeing what you are. i think we can agree on blythe but after that i have a hole deferent view of our ol. #1 is corbett when he does not have some one on his nose he seems to help out the wrong guy time after time. not sure he is smart enough to play center.#2 is boom if we want a run blocking line not sure he is the answer. #3 hav seems to give up at least 1 sack a game lately. i am sure you know more about ol men than me so maybe you could look at what i have seen and explain why i see it wrong.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yea Mcvay was really psyched about Wolfords performance. My personal feeling is he seems like he found the missing piece to the puzzle of 2020 and the Oline woes. I mean think about it, his reputation as offensive genius is falling apart unless he rights the ship. I still think he views Goff as the better franchise QB but realizes Goff's lack of mobility won't worth with this Oline to go deep in the playoffs. I may be wrong but i suspect he goes with Wolford next week on the hunch that we get more production vs Seattle. He would need to report that Goff just isn't 100%. As a Goff backer I would be fine with such a move as a temporary measure until we can rebuild the line.

I agree my thing is goff seemed to be a bit mentally damaged prior to this occuring I just wouldn't want to screw him up more. In a perfect world if he said "coach I'm good to go" and mcvay said I need you healed for next season and ready to go but John's in this week etc. I would pray that lights that fire that we all been asking for but if it has the opposite effect we as football fans have seen in way to often a career walking a thin line takes a massive step back or a deep plunge. So as a fan I'm for us winning no matter what. Just win baby lol.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Rams are in the playoffs. That’s something to celebrate. Wolford wasn’t exactly Tom Brady but his mobility helped. Rams offense struggled in the red zone and they won’t be playing any backup QBs in the playoffs. Rams Talk the competing Rams forum is a total mess. Their administrator only cares if you’re aligned with his political views. Pathetic administration by the LOSER Upland Rams.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Also @TexasRam strapped for cash how long will it take to rebuild the line? Even if we hit on rooks they take time ..big whit??? Well that's a question. Noteboom seems to be ok but is that the answer. So this would become an issue. Only time will tell bro. For now though I'd give Wolfy the ball. No way Goff 100%. RT?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i am not seeing what you are. i think we can agree on blythe but after that i have a hole deferent view of our ol. #1 is corbett when he does not have some one on his nose he seems to help out the wrong guy time after time. not sure he is smart enough to play center.#2 is boom if we want a run blocking line not sure he is the answer. #3 hav seems to give up at least 1 sack a game lately. i am sure you know more about ol men than me so maybe you could look at what i have seen and explain why i see it wrong.

Corbett is smart enough to play Center. Hav is fine. He has always struggled with speed. The sack today was more a coverage sack than anything. Edwards is fine. Whit is Whit. Get a really good RG and we're cooking. If we still had Saffold, I think we'd be one of the best OLs in the NFL.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Did anyone catch Wolford post game and mcvays.....for starters Wolford I love he is like "dude where's my car" there is something about him though in a good way.
Maybe it's that McVay kind of hand picked him for backup and has been working with him. Feel like he's kind of McVays project and pride and joy.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Some of you are just funny, yes Wolford played well and made some great 1st downs that helped us but he didn't make any TDs, if not for the D and their safety and pick 6 we lose this one. If Wolford had made some touchdown passes I might be nervous for Goff but nope LOL. I admit he hasn't looked the best lately and I'm not sure he'll really be ready to come back next week but let's put things in perspective, John isn't taking his job.

yeah but he did get us to the goal line twice one time an acker fumble kept us out of the end zone another time stupid penalties kept us out. so if we score on those 2 possession his first game would have looked much better

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
But you do lose a lot in the passing game and if you don't think a good D will take away some of that running success you are nuts.

Don't forget Goff was 37-47 for 351 vs the same Cards D 4 wks ago and put up 31 points.

Wolford was not put in position to have to win the game... Hell the D got the lead for him in this game. Night have been uglier if he was forced into obvious passing situations and must convert downs.
Wolford 22-38, 231 9 points

56 yards rushing

No TD

Still, this was a quality win with Wolford as the catalyst.

They rallied around him like a team with character. Something that seemed missing against the Jets, where they didn’t show up as a team.
They knew he needed a big lift from his teammates and they gave it.

The exciting thing was to see how the team stepped up. Leaders stepped up today.

Always be closing. They did.

Last edited: